We have a time share with RCI and used our points to stay for a week at Playa Grande in December. We stayed in a beautiful one bedroom with 2 bathrooms and a murphy bed. It was very spacious and comfortable! Daily maid service was a big plus. We stayed on "The Ridge" where they have an adults only pool as well as a kids' pool with a water slide. Beautiful views of the marina! Playa Grande is within walking distance to the Cabo San Lucas marina and many good restaurants, shops and activities.
This is a big time share destination, so the downfall is that they do attempt to take you to time share presentations of neighboring resorts. We attended the Grand Solmar time share presentation. The "free gifts" they offered were not worth the 2 hour presentation, so unless you are really interested in buying, you might be better attending a different presentation for freebies.
The staff at Playa Grande was really excellent! All staff were very attentive, willing to answer questions and accommodate needs of their guests. They have an activities staff that runs games, etc. by the pool from 10am-3pm. We attending a boot camp, water aerobics, pool games. They have a lot of activities for both adults, teens and kids, so everyone feels included. Hector led our boot camp and water aerobics and he is a very energetic and fun instructor!
They also have theme nights each night- Mexican fiesta, beach party, seafood, etc. We attended the beach party night because we won free tickets at one of the pool games. :) It was very good! Lots of food (hamburgers, hot dogs, steak, fish, salads, dessert) and open bar. They did have limbo and some other games as well as a live band.
There is an all inclusive option you can buy into, but we chose not to. $91 per person per day with a minimum of 3 days purchase.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico