Just finished 10 days at the Playa Grande and had an even better experience than last year. We were almost going to stay elsewhere as last year we changed rooms twice for various reasons I won't get into here before settling in to a nice room for our stay. I told this to Juan Carlos, one of the front desk clerks and he was so wonderful to us and saw to it that we had the perfect room for our needs and that was the beginning of a fabulous stay. Juan Carlos was always accommodating if the concierge was busy and if he [Juan] didn't have someone checking in or out he gave us good advice, much help and patience and we just appreciated him so much.
This hotel is a gorgeous property right near the marina where tons of activities take place. If you love lounging by a pool and being pampered this is the place for you. The pools are great and we were in them early in the morning but the hot tubs could definitely be hotter. There is an activities desk right by the pools and we signed up for the Mexican Fiesta which was good but they could turn the volume down a million decibels and it would be perfect. There's a cooking class every Monday around 1p.m. and the chef makes a lovely seafood dish that everyone gets to sample and that was fun. Marina, the gal at the activities area is a treasure and our trip was so much better with her help as she gave us such great tips, advice, was accommodating and patient with our many questions and the hotel is an even better place with her around. The concierges Paula and Angel likewise were terrific and made our stay that much better.
The food at Calima and Brigantine is quite good but we like to explore so we ate there a few times and walked to many other restaurants outside the property. If you like all inclusive they do offer that and I think you'll be happy with it. Jorge and his staff at the Brigantine restaurant are wonderful and he helped us yesterday as we were running late to get to the airport, didn't have time to wait for something to be cooked, didn't want a buffet breakfast but Jorge let us pick a few things off the buffet and didn't charge much and it was delicious.
There are many choices of hotels in Cabo but truthfully, for us, once your find something you're very comfortable with why bother looking for something else. You get choices of rooms when you book this hotel and we like the luxury suite with its two bathroom and double balconies and extra square footage and it's not that much more than the regular room. All and all a great value and we'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico