“Great place, friendly and efficient staff”

Playa Grande Resort
Ranked #15 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
St. Augustine, Florida
“Great place, friendly and efficient staff”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Just spent a month at Playa Grande and had a wonderful time. We found the housekeeping and entertainment staff very professional. Can't wait to go back next year. Oh yeah, the food was very good. I had one of the best taco salads I've had in years.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KGBRoad
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear Traveler,
My entire team and I are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit and really appreciate knowing that you recognize the devotion everyone puts into constantly caring for our guests, so we can provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Thank you for taking your time sharing your comments with us!
We look forward to having you back at the resort again in the not too distant future.
Cordially,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,166)
  • Turkish first
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We have traveled to Playa Grande for the last 7 years. Perfect destination for good friends and good times. The accommodations are excellent, the penthouse is just the right size for the six of us. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Need to mention Luis and Christina in activities and Arturo and Antonio in service at the pool bar and Carlos a server in the restaurant Calima. These Playa Grande employees made our visit special this year.
Our room was spotless and we ate more meals at the resort this year than in the past and enjoyed them all. The presentation and quality of the food always impresses us.
Thank you to all, see you February 2015.

Dear Barbara,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Cordially
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed 2 March 2014

It was my first time to Cabo and sifting thru places to stay is difficult online. Playa Grande was an excellent choice. Location was perfect for walking. My girlfriend and i did the loop around lovers beach on foot right back to our beach, walked downtown a few times, went fishing out of the marina, everything was so close. Staff r plentiful, courteous and always in an outwardly good mood. Second floor and over have excellent views. Rooms are excellent. Food was very good. Overall fabulous experience here.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank mexicobones
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Mexicobones
Thank you very much for such a generous review. I am delighted to read your comments and learn that you have been impressed with our place.
We are looking forward to your next visit,
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

Vacation was wonderful and I was able to keep up w workouts at the gym and boot camp with fabulous Christina. My mom and I did water aerobics every day and just loved it. Miriam was the best! Pool volleyball and stretching so fun. See you next year!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Shandel87,
Thank you for your lovely review, It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I´m glad you enjoyed your time with us.
We look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Cordially
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The pool area was just gorgeous ! But as I spent each day there I got to know the staff that worked the area and entertained. They made each day even more beautiful.! I looked forward to seeing them each day! LUIS, CHRISTINA, MYRIAM , I MISS ALL OF YOU!!! You were all excellent ! Great fun!
I stayed from 2/15/14-2/22/14! Cant wait to come back !

Dear Karen L,
I´m glad that your experience with us was pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
I agree that our entertainment staff is amazing they indeed love what they do and this in turn
allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I was lucky enough to join my husband and his co-worker on a business trip to this beautiful resort (2/24-28)! Lots of pool and hot tub choices. Two pools have swim up bars, one is up on the Ridge! Lots of activities going on, if you want that. Loved being able to sit on the beach each night and see the whales (best time was btwn 5 and 6pm)! Our room was a junior 1 bedroom suite, had a kitchen, 2 bathrooms (one off the main area and one off the bedroom) dining area, living area and separate bedroom each with their own balcony, bed was comfy, not dream bed comfy, but comfy. We were on the 2nd floor, overlooking the Calima Restaurant and the pools, when sitting on the balcony you could kind of see the ocean, through the palm trees. The only complaint about the room was on my last night there, I could hear the people above me, which is weird since our friend was staying up there the 3 previous nights and I never heard a thing) but these people sounded like they were in the room with me! In fact at 5:30 in the morning one of them was knocking on the bedroom door and I swear I thought they were outside our bedroom door! Don't know if they were just extra loud or our friend was extra quiet, lol!! Oh and if you are older, or have kids that go to bed before 9pm, you'll need earplugs or you'll have to stay up later as the nightly entertainment is super loud until then! Since we were out until way after that it wasn't an issue :-) The hotel is within walking distance to the town and Marina. I would highly recommend trying to get a room on The Ridge, we found out about it on our last day and one of the bellman brought us up there (you need a key card) and it is AWESOME!!! There are pools ( adults only and one for kids), hot tub, water slide, a bar (you can swim up, or sit on the other side at the bar or on couches), a restaurant and the most AMAZING views of the ocean and marina. Next time we will definitely stay up there!! This resort would be perfect for friends, couples or families! We ate breakfast (nice buffet or made to order eggs, waffles, hot cakes) and lunch at the resort (on the patio at The Brigantine Restaurant with a full view of the ocean) a couple of times and the food was very good. Dinners we ate in town. All the employees we encountered were extremely friendly. When you check in they will try to give you the time share speech, but you can decline, we told them we were on business and were never bothered again. I will definitely stay here again if I'm lucky enough to get to Cabo again!

Room Tip: If you want to actually have a great view of the ocean, from your room, I would recommend getting th...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Traveler,
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service. I am sure that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to our team, as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we are looking forward to your next visit.
Eastham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 March 2014

My husband and I own one week in February on the Ridge at Playa Grande in Cabo San Lucas. We have been going each year for a few years now and each year it is becoming more frustrating. Across the street from the resort is a Naval Base. Next to that is a dog kennel. We have counted as many as 14 dogs on that property at one time and they bark non stop day AND night. We have a beautiful wrap around deck with views of the ocean and the beautiful marina which we are not able to enjoy because of the barking dogs. The weather is always so nice in Cabo and we would like to be able to leave a window or slider open at night to enjoy the breeze, but because of the barking dogs, we have to have all windows and sliders completely closed. We have spoken to management at Playa Grande numerous times. We have filed written complaints as well to no avail.
Owning in February is prime season. Owning just one week a year, you can only imagine how much we look forward to this vacation and can't wait to go. We bought a large suite so we can invite family and friends to join us each year. Because of these barking dogs, it is not an enjoyable vacation for anyone. We are so frustrated with these dogs, I am not sure we will go back. Beware of barking dogs. I would not recommend booking a room on the Ridge at Playa Grande.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on The Ridge.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Cheryl,
I want to thank you for taking the time to write your experiences regarding your recent stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your experiences with us here in our hotel. I am very sorry about the noise issues you have experienced.
Thank you again for you valuable remarks and we hope to welcome you back in a not too distant future.