“Perfect location, perfect view, incredible staff!”

Playa Grande Resort
Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Perfect location, perfect view, incredible staff!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Playa Grande does it right. They have the perfect location (away from the noisy Medano Beach), they are ocean front, with big, beautiful beach. Though the loud "activity time" around the upper pool does get a bit obnoxious when you're trying to relax, a quick move down to the lower pool, "the wall", or the beach chairs will allow you to escape. The staff is amazing. The view is amazing. But, the pool drink prices have increased. Happy Hour is the way to go!

Room Tip: Building A face the ocean! Get ready for the crashing waves!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Al P
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Al P,
Thank you very much for such a positive review, especially for your kind comments about the great service provided by our staff, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.
We are looking forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Cordially

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,153)
  • Turkish first
Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
Reviewed 13 May 2014

As We checked in, we asked a lot of questions, like what are we signing, and what does this mean, and the front desk agent, Hugo, reaction was irritated that we even questioned him. He had all the right scripted answers, but he had a condescending tone? At 7:00pm, we went down to the jacuzzi, all of the towel booths were closed, so I went to the front desk to get towels. It was Hugo again. I asked for pool towels, and he said No, I'm sorry, the pool and jacuzzi is closed at 6:30! I said well, there are 15 people including my family in the jacuzzi. He said, sorry, we don't have towels here. I asked where can I get towels. He said, Well, there are towels in your room. I said not pool towels! He continued to argue with me, saying they are bleaching the pools and they are closed. I said well, my family is in the jacuzzi, and need towels to dry off. He sighed, and rolled his eyes, and said, I will call housekeeping. Why did he not call housekeeping to begin with? Instead of arguing with me for 15 minutes? Was he holding a grudge because we asked questions at check in? I have never been treated so rudely in a resort. I will hesitate to recommend this resort or ever come back to stay at Playa Grande. The room was nice when you walk in, but there are microscopic bugs, in all of the cabinets and drawers, and the bathroom has a sewer smell that won't go away.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Julie G
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Julie G,
I want to thank you for taking the time to write your experiences regarding your recent stay. Our guests’ comments give us important feedback on our performance and provide us with great ideas on how to improve our service.
Please accept my sincere apology for your experience. Rest assured I will be working very hard to ensure that all of our guests will receive consistent service according to the standards we are known for and have established here at Playa Grande.
I hope that you will decide to return in order to give us the opportunity to show you our improvements, and provide you with the excellent experience and service that you deserve.
Coos Bay, Oregon
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My boyfriend and i both work full time jobs and REALLY needed a vacation! If you are looking for a vacation when you do not have to lift a finger for anything, this is your resort!! This was my first time to Cabo and will for sure not be my last. The Playa Grande was absolutely wonderful from how clean it was, the quality and service, location, and something i think very important is, the staff. They are very patient, polite, always greet you with a smile, speak wonderful english, and do not make you feel like they are doing you a favor being there whatsoever.. something i seem to find a lot of in the states. You can tell they really appreciate your service and there to help you with anything! The security is tight which will also make you feel that much safer. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Playa Grande and i can't wait to plan my trip for next year!!

Room Tip: Any room will give you a cute view of the resort, marina, or Ocean.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Alicia_M088
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Alicia_M088,
We are completely honored to read that first visit to Playa Grande was enjoyable and met your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service, it’s very important to know that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my staff as they continue to improve our personalized service.
I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and really look forward to keep welcoming you for many years to come. Best wishes from all of us here at Playa Grande
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Pros -- The staff was very accommodating . Christian at the front desk was very informative about places to eat and tour . Rooms had great views. You had the option of getting all inclusive for 3 or more days. The food is very good at the restaurants on site. The resort is within walking distance to downtown and other stores and restaurants if you don't choose all inclusive. Grounds are well maintained and rooms are clean and well kept.
Cons---Can't think of any.

Room Tip: Try to get on 4th or 5th floor of any building where the view is spectacular .
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear Oldyweds1...,
Thank you for your kind words, I agree that our property offers a Great location and our staff does the best to provide a friendly and professional service all the time
We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

The Playa Grande staff is the best. We enjoy spending time at the pool. My children love spending time in the kids club with Vidiriam. She does a wonderful job and is an asset to the Playa Grande. The entire staff at the pool is amazing.Christina, Louis, Miriam, Roberto!!!!! We spent Easter there again this year and the staff made it special with the treasure and Easter egg hunt. The wait staff at the pool excellent. Fast and dependable. No need to leave the pool area for lunch. The food is great. We have been owners for 12 years and couldn't be happier to travel to Cabo twice a year and stay at this beautiful resort. Looking forward to our next visit in the fall.
Tom Carvalho
Bayville NJ

1 Thank thomas c
Dear Thomas C.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations.
My entire team and I are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit and really appreciate knowing that you recognize the devotion everyone puts into constantly caring for our guests, so we can provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Mahopac, New York
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very friendly staff, entertainment great, lots of laughs, and great place to relax, weather was perfect, and lots of activities, spa was the best, great drinks and service at the pool and pool bar everyone always in great mood and friendly

1 Thank yanni551
Dear yanni551,
Thank you for your lovely review. It sounds like you really had a wonderful time.
I agree that our entertainment staff is amazing they indeed love what they do and this in turn allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
I´m glad you enjoyed your stay. Will be a pleasure to serve you again.
Ogden, Utah
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This is the 10th time I've stayed at Playa Grande. Overall it was an excellent visit. The Property is very clean and well maintained. The WiFi has been greatly improved.

I wish Playa Grande would make the on-property food a little less expensive. I would eat onsite a lot more if that would happen. I also wish there were all inclusive packages for one or two days.

Customer service and staff interaction have greatly improved over the past few year. I really appreciate that.

This is a great property. Enjoy!

Dear Wine_lovi...,
We are completely honored to read that 10th visit to Playa Grande was enjoyable and met your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service, it’s very important to know that we were able to meet your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my staff as they continue to improve our personalized service.
We really look forward to keep welcoming you for many years to come.
Best wishes from all of us here at Playa Grande.