Playa Grande Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Breakfast included
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Cabo Pedregal Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Viva Cabo Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
Siesta Suites(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
4,112 results
All reviewsbrigantine restaurantmexican fiestaridge poolentertainment stafftime sharetequila volleyballlobby barfiesta nightthe pacific oceanbusiness centerwalking distance to the marinamedano beachwater aerobicskids clubspanish lessonsmurphy bedtowel cards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

From a veteran hospitality employee, of a 5-diamond resort...

First and foremost, the staff at Playa Grande is incredible. From the pool activities staff, to the Housekeeping staff, Front Desk, Concierge... all fantastic! Everyone remembers you, and by the end of your trip, you're sad to go because you feel like you'll miss them.

From the minute of our arrival, we were greeted by Danny the bellman, who held our luggage while we got checked in, then walked us to our room, giving a brief tour of the property to orient us, which was very helpful. Throughout the week, he said hello, asked us how everything was, and our plans for the day; very friendly. Paula, the concierge was wonderful the entire week, helping us with boat plans, dinner plans, setting up our all-inclusive passes, she was so sweet, and incredibly helpful.

The pool facilities are beautiful, multiple pools, hot tubs, and again the pool staff was amazing. Both the food and beverage staff, as well as the activities staff were always smiling, energetic, and attentive. Pool servers, Gustavo and Eduardo took care of us the whole week, thank you!

Humberto, Roberto, Luis, and Shiba were taking care of pool activities and entertainment for the week. They. Were. Incredible!! Always full of energy, happy, smiling. Honestly, I planned on laying around and doing nothing the whole week I was there, but with all the activities going on around the pool, I had to get involved! Water aerobics, bracelet making, volleyball, Spanish lessons, etc. There is always something going on, and I cannot stress enough how great the staff is. They're there morning til night, from the pool, to the themed dinners, as they are most of the entertainment there, as well. I recommend attending the themed dinners, food is good, entertainment is great, and for the price, you'll have a great time.

Food all over the resort was good, the steak I had at Brigantine was delicious. Fish ceviche was also great, and of course the drinks!

Overall, it was an amazing trip, we loved the staff so much we spent very little time in our beautiful suite. Well worth every penny!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank JessStroberg
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear JessStroberg
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Sincerely

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Just got back from a 9 day stay here. It was my first time to Cabo. Wonderful weather. The location was ok, but next time I would stay on Medano Beach because you can swim there and that is more centrally located to everything. I had to take the bus or cabs all the time because the walk was too intense in the heat. I really like the waiters and the staff in the lobby bar. The drinks however, were not good in general.
I did all inclusive a few days and ate out and the prices were comparable so I would probably do all inclusive whenever possible. I was disappointed with the rooms, concierge and Mayra at the front desk.
As far as the hotel room, there was mold on the bathroom ceiling and an active water leak from the room above. Room walls and ceiling were also paper thin and you could hear every movement above your head at night which was very frustrating. I asked the concierge to arrange a private dinner on the beach for me and never heard back from them-big disappointment. Every time I walked by them they were on their cell phones or surfing the web. They genuinely seemed disinterested in working and I was very upset they did not arrange my beach dinner.
Room service was seriously lacking and was very expensive. There is also time share people in the hotel lobby and they are very rude to you if you decline the presentation.
Mayra is a very rude woman who works the front desk-no smile and no happiness at all from her. I had to deal with her on two occasions and she was very rude and angry. I was surprised that she worked the front desk as everyone else at the hotel was so great, she really didn't fit in there. I would recommend she get some training on how to treat people. She doesnt answer any questions clearly, gets rude and frustrated very easily and just is not what you would expect when you need a solution to a small issue at a resort in Mexico.
All in all I had a nice vacation, just not sure I would ever stay at this place again unfortunately. Lastly, there was no orientation or information provided to me upon arrival. I didnt find out until my 4th night there that there was a separate restaurant for Ridge people, which was disappointing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MarylandGreatness
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear MarylandGreatness ,
Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review. While I am very happy to read your positive comments, I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the inconveniences you had during your stay. I do want to ensure you that all your comments will be follow up to avoid any lowering of our standards or inconveniences for our guests in the future.
Thank you for adding very generous remarks of the positive sides of your stay with us and mentioning the services that made your stay more comfortable. Hopefully you will give us an opportunity to host you in the future.
Sincerely

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed staying at the beautiful Playa Grande in April and May 2014. I especially loved the breakfast buffet at the Brigantine in the mornings. We had superb service by the wait staff Zaira, Ramon and Luis. They made me and my friends feel very special.
Thank you! Hope to see you all again next year.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear SherylAnne,
Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your amazing getaway at Cabo. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay
We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

My husband, myself and sons, ages 9 and 12, stayed at Playa Grande Resort from May 11 to 18, 2014. We did a timeshare exchange through RCI. Our suite included a one bedroom with a king size bed (super comfortable by the way) with an ensuite bathroom, a kitchen, living room with a queen size sleeper sofa, a Murphy bed, a dining room plus a full bathroom with a stand up shower. The resort was absolutely beautiful. The grounds, rooms and pools were amazing especially the infinity pools!! The rooms are very nicely decorated and are very modern. We stayed in room #1052 in Building C - this is a ground level room with a great view of the pools and ocean! It was perfect! Some of the pools are salt water which was kind of neat. We would highly recommend staying at Playa Grande Resort. It's very close to the Marina and downtown area.

Room Tip: Building C on the ground level was great!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank yvasquez

Dear yvasquez,
Thank you very much for such a positive review, especially for your kind comments about the great service provided by our staff, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.
We are looking forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Cordially

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I cannot express how wonderful the staff at Playa Grande is! We have been vacationing at the Playa Grande for about 10 years now and we always have such a great time. My girls loved going to the Kids Club this year. Viri and Mayra who work in the Kids Club were so incredible with them! They took the time to engage my girls in every activity they did. Viri and Mayra always made the girls feel welcomed and were so positive towards them. I also cannot rave enough about Roberto and Humberto!! Roberto has to be the BEST in the business!! He was so funny and always engaging!! We loved him at both the Beach Party and Mexican Fiesta. He is good with kids too, which is SO important!! Roberto took the time to teach my girls Spanish and helped them make beautiful bracelets. Also, I cannot express how much we loved and enjoyed Humberto!! Humberto always had a smile on his face and would always come around and engage myself and my entire family in all of the Resorts activities. He also made a Reservation for us at Romeo and Julieta's where he requested a private room for us. The dinner was absolutely perfect!! Our trip was one of the BEST vacations we have ever taken and it mostly has to do with the WONDERFUL Staff and beautiful Resort!! Thanks again, Viri, Mayra, Roberto and Humberto!! We hope to see you ALL next year!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank gloria986
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear gloria986,
My entire team and I are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit and really appreciate knowing that you recognize the devotion everyone puts into constantly caring for our guests, so we can provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Thank you for taking your time sharing your comments with us!
We look forward to having you back at the resort again in the not too distant future.