“Magical Vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Boring, Oregon
“Magical Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a two bedroom suite overlooking the marina. It was fabulous. The ONLY downside to the property is that it is built on a hill; so there is a bit of walking involved to get to/from your room.
The Ridge staff was excellent - a great shout out to Raciel, Juan, Teofilo & Eduardo our bartenders at the pool bar. I had the best massage I have ever experienced in their spa. I highly recommend this property for a destination.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the marina instead of the ocean do not have the noise from people in the pools.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Glenny M
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Glenny M,
Thank you very much for such a positive review, especially for your kind comments about the great service provided by our staff, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.
We are looking forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Cordially

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,122)
  • Turkish first
Sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was my first time in cabo and was the best experience ever!! The staff at playa grande made the experience unforgettable. Tequila volleyball, salsa dancing, pool aerobics , bracelet making, etc. the entertainment staff was so amazing so shoutout to Humberto, Roberto , Luis ,Silvia and one other(I forgot her name). It felt like home because when you participate, they don't forget who you are. Roberto knew me by name and when he saw me he made sure to talk to me and call me by name. Some of the nicest people I have ever met. Overall the staff all across this hotel are very nice and always there when you need anything. Your vacation runs smoothly and relaxing. I recommend staying here! :)

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jordan_cali_girl
Dear Jordan_cali_girl,
My entire team and I are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit and really appreciate knowing that you recognize the devotion everyone puts into constantly caring for our guests, so we can provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Thank you for taking your time sharing your comments with us!
We look forward to having you back at the resort again in the not too distant future.
Best Regards,
Idleyld Park, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have stayed at Playa Grande Resort in Cabo 2 other times. I have always enjoyed this resort more than any I have stayed in. It has lots of activities and wonderful entertainment. The activities staff is so much fun. They are all my friends now and I cannot wait to see them again. Roberto, Sylvia, Humberto, and Luis. I have never had more fun in my life. They are funny, cute and very very friendly. They do a great job and I think they all need a raise. Playa Grande obviously treat there help well because every time I come it is always the same staff. I absolutely love this place. We own at the resort and will never get rid of it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very comfortable. Beds are great
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Robin W
Dear Robin W,
I agree that our entertainment staff is amazing they indeed love what they do and this in turn allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
We look forward to hosting you again soon.
Cordially,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I bought a Living Social voucher to The Playa Grande and stayed in the main resort (not the ridge). I've stayed in Cabo multiple times, but this was my first time staying at The Playa Grande. I read all these reviews which really helped make my decision easy. Everything was top notch from the service, to the activities to the staff. We were so close to town, I actually ventured in one night for a delicious dinner at Mi Casa. All my meals at Playa Grande were good, however, I am gluten free, so it was difficult since gluten allergy is not as well known in Mexico. Ernesto at Calima took such great care of me and made me a special Filet Mignon one night. Another night I had filet at Puerto San Lucas and it was terrible. The worst cut of meat I've ever had. But Calima and The Brigantine were wonderful. I did water aerobics everyday. I have to give a special shout out to Marobie, Luis and Umberto who made every activity fun! Also Roberto was fabulous hosting all the evening entertainment. And I had the best massage of my life! Run, don't walk, to the spa and get the signature massage from Livir!! Absolutely divine!

Room Tip: All the rooms face the pool/ocean in the main resort. I don't think there's a bad spot, but...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Loralei215
Dear Loralei215
We are completely honored to read that your first visit to Playa Grande was enjoyable and met your expectations. We truly appreciate all the positive remarks about our resort and especially about the service. I will be sure to pass on your comments to my staff as they continue to improve our personalized service.
We are looking forward to having you as our guests again soon.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Enjoyed my time here. Pretty quick walk to the Marina and DT (15 minutes). Much longer walk to Medano but you could always grab a $3 water taxi from the marina. Beautiful pool area. Nice having an adult only area. We had a studio and it was a lovely big room with a small kitchen which is great! Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor - if you are too low your view could be impaired by the restaurant/pool/walkw...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine N
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Cee N,
Thank you for your kind words, I agree that our property offers a Great location and our staff does the best to provide a friendly and professional service all the time
We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Albany, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We had a terrific time at the Playa Grande. The people are fantastic and extremely helpful. Julio Cesar at the pool is the best!!!! The girls in Activities are unbelievable especially Christina and Miriam, even though it was their final week here. These two young ladies do a wonderful job of entertaining people and real joy to be around. They will be greatly missed!!!!! While there our friends experienced some misfortune with an accident and Adrian (Manager on Duty) was very helpful and much appreciated. Of course, my favorite is Dulce in the lobby working with the presentation personnel. She has been there a long time and always has a big smile for us. Thank you to all for making our trip special.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Jimbab66,
What a delightful review to read. Thank you so much for sharing such lovely comments. Our staff do indeed love what they do and this in turn allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your stay and really look forward to keep welcoming you for many years to come. Best wishes from all of us here at Playa Grande.
Marietta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We wanted to say thank you to our friends at the Ridge! We have an excellent time every year & this year was no exception!
Thank you to our special friends who take such good care of us day in and out.

The new Ridge manager Teofilo, our long time friends Flavio, Raciel, and Luis Fernando.
Thanks! to Eduardo & Tehua. Tambien!
This has been my home every Spring since 1997! We were even married at Playa Grande. We love our time at the Ridge at Playa Grand. We love seeing the same faces each year!

Room Tip: Talk to Bell boys, there are very helpful!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Dshakar,
Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your amazing getaway at Cabo. It sounds like you had a wonderful time from check in to check out and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay.
Your comments will share with pleasure with the people you mentioned in your review.
I´m glad that your experience with us was pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Cordially