“Great spot!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Martinsville, Virginia
“Great spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Best vacation we've ever had! We will certainly be going back! All-inclusive is the best route to take. The staff took the resort to the next level! Alejandro took our bags as soon as we arrived and even called the day of departure to help us load everything for the airport. Cirilo waited on us each morning for breakfast, and he was great. The housekeeping crew kept each room spotless during our trip. The entertainment crew was hands-down one of the best we've ever experienced, because they kept it all family-oriented. Roberto kept us laughing the entire time! In the bar beside the main lobby, Leonardo, Vilma, and their staff made us feel right at home many afternoons for a late lunch. We enjoyed the Brigantine and Puerto San Lucas for a slightly more formal dinner. Words can't begin to describe how much fun we had at Playa Grande!
- The Grogan's

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sheila G
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Sheila G
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review, which help all the community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service
Your comments will share with pleasure with the people you mentioned in your review.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we are looking forward to your next visit,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,122)
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The staff of this resort make it SUPERIOR. I was a little disappointed with all the signing of receipts even after purchasing the all inclusive meal and drink package but the staff really made it 5 star. HUMBERTO and SYLVIA- who were so Wonderful. They had me out on the beautiful beach each morning doing stretching under the beautiful sun....followed by pool aerobics. I even learned to fold towels in animals and had a Spanish lesson. They are such a wonderful asset to this resort I hope the management knows this. As I lounged by the pool I was so thrilled to see FERNANDO...he raced back and forth and kept my entire group with cool fruity drinks, ice cold water, and umbrellas raised to just the perfect angle!! He was so happy each day and really seemed to LOVE his Job. It really showed in his service of all the pool guests. On my second to last day I went to the SPA....all I can say is don't wait until the last day to go as you will want to go again before you leave. All the staff were so nice and it was such a fabulous experience. KATERINA (my massage therapist) and my partner's therapist ENEDINA was so attentive to our needs that my massage was by far the BEST I HAVE EVER HAD!! My massage was followed by lounging in the relaxation room with a warm neck wrap, cold cucumbers placed on my eyes, and a cool cloth on my forehead....all while laying in a chaise lounge with a waterfalls soothing sounds down the wall. I kept thinking I wished I had come early in my week and had time to come back before my week ended. The resort was beautiful and the pools and hot tubs wonderful!! It's a beautiful resort and the STAFF all truly make it SUPERIOR

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Trish A
Dear Trish A,
My entire team and I are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit and really appreciate knowing that you recognize the devotion everyone puts into constantly caring for our guests, so we can provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Thank you for taking your time sharing your comments with us!
We look forward to having you back at the resort again in the not too distant future.
Best Regards,
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

LOVED THIS RESORT AND WE ARE GOING BACK! The rooms were very nice, we had a one bedroom which was great! There was plenty of space and we could have easily housed three more friends comfortably. Requested a view of the ocean and it was spectacular! The staff was always helpful with all of our requests and didn't push time share presentations! Yes, they asked but once you declined, that was it. Taxi rides ranged from $2-$3 per person because you are steps away from the marina. If you are up for a 10-30 min stroll you have it made. The marina is about a 5- 10 minute walk and the party scene, food and shopping is about 20-30 depending on your pace it maybe shorter. Stopped at walmart $7/$9 taxi shopped and it was great having everything we needed. The only reason I didn't give the highest rating was I felt the all inclusive pricing was a bit much, three consecutive days of food and drinks would have been about $575 in addition to our initial costs. If we were big drinkers I'm sure it would have been worth it ;-) $18 for a burger and fries a bit much for a seven day stay. Checkout was very simple and there were no hidden fees, oh I love this resort! My husband is already planning for next year! Looking forward to our return.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side or ocean view on a high floor. We stayed in building F on the 4th floor and it w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Loving L
Dear Loving L,
Thank you for your kind words, I agree that our property offers a Great location and our staff does the best to provide a friendly and professional service all the time
We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Sincerely yours
Emporia, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We have week 26 and have made great friends with several people from California. My wife and I met Chet, Teresa and Brittany, along with Sheila and Don, Napa Jerry and Beth at Playa Grande in 2001. We've traveled to their homes in California. We meet at our Mexico home at Playa and spend a great week together. Boogie nights was a BLAST! Even our daughter Amanda and her husband Matt said is was fun. Playa staff members Rose, Humberto, Chiba, Luis, and Roberto took care and entertained us all week. Our room 1105 has been kept up to date and still looks great. Just a little attention needed to electrical outlets that seem to have cracked and have loose covers. The bathroom outlet seemed to work when it wanted. But overall, another great week in Cabo and at Playa Grande! Kansas Jerry

Room Tip: HIgher is better. Maturing palm trees partially obstruct our once spectacular view on the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank kansasJerry
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear KansasJerry,
Thank you for your kind words, I agree that our staff does the best to provide a friendly and professional service all the time
You thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience
Sincerely yours
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

My friend and I have just returned from our first visit to Cabo. We stayed a week in a one bedroom suite at Playa Grande. We attended three of the dinner nights and enjoyed the activities around the pool (Spanish lessons, salsa dance lessons, bracelet making, water aerobics). Roberto,Silvia, Humberto, Rose, and Luis are excellent activity directors. They make an excellent team!! Loved our fun, relaxing girls trip. Hope to return with our husbands.

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Siegels
Dear Siegels,
Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your amazing getaway at Cabo. It sounds like you and your friends had a wonderful time from check in to check out and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay
I agree that our entertainment staff is amazing they indeed love what they do and this in turn allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
We look forward to hosting you again soon
Sincerely
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

This was my second year of spending a week at this luxurious vacation spot. This is one of the most beautiful resorts I have ever had the privilege to visit. The grounds are immaculate, the swimming pools abundant and the accommodations modern, spacious and luxurious. The staff and management are gracious, efficient, helpful, eager to please and very friendly. It was fun being able to reunite with members of the staff on my second vist who have become friends. There are so many that were so kind to my family and me and who totally embraced us. We ate most of our breakfasts at the Brigantine, which is supervised by Jorge Sanchez. This café looks out to the amazing Pacific Ocean which is only a short distance away. Armando (a delightful, super friendly server), Martin, Edgar (quite humorous), Arturo, Ana Karen, Zaira, Ramon, Cirilo, Karla and Luis were the staff members with whom we had most contact. These staff members are all wonderful. The front desk personnel were accommodating and were quick to respond and meet our various needs. Julio helped us many times pool side. The entertainment staff, led by Roberto, are absolutely a blast and so very talented in so many aspects. I would totally recommend attending the special Fiesta, Beach Party and Grill Nights; Disco Nights was also a blast. Monica entertained at Fiesta Night and also Grill Night at the Brigantine. Her vocals are beautiful. She can sing with great sincerity, emotion and intensity, with the ability to hold a note until the audience runs out of breath. She interacts with the guests, inviting them to sing along. One doesn't need to leave the resort to have a great time, but if you wish to explore Cabo, transportation is readily available. I totally recommend this resort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank HAPPYGUEST70
Dear HAPPYGUEST70,
Thank you for taking your time sharing your comments with us!
Best Regards,
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

As owners at Playa Grande, this was the 3rd year in a row that we’ve vacationed there. We stayed for 9 days, similar to what we did last year. The location is great, right on the ocean and walking distance into town. Our 2 children (ages 5 and 3) love the pools and the slide up on The Ridge.

The staff at Playa Grande is very friendly and quick to resolve any issues. Upon arriving at our room, we noticed some ants in the room. After calling the front desk, the staff was quick to arrive and immediately resolved the issue. The maid service did an excellent job keeping our room clean; special thanks to Luz for her service. We also noticed that the resort replaced the pool chairs, cushions, and towels since our visit last year. They were also in the process of replacing the mattresses in the rooms during our stay.

On our second day there, our 3 year old daughter developed an ear infection. We took her to the emergency care center on site at the resort. The physician was excellent in taking care of her and following up to ensure the infection was going away. She called in the medication and it was delivered right to the resort.

As I mentioned in my review last year, Viridiana, who runs the resort’s kid’s club service, does a tremendous job working with the kids. She’s very interactive and engaging. We did not use the kids club service this year since our daughter is still too young. Children need to be at least 5 years old. Regardless, Viridiana still stopped and chatted with our kids and also let them help feed the Koi and turtles in the small ponds on the property, with the other kids (same as last year).

With respect to eating, we went to Walmart after arriving, and mostly cooked and ate in the room. We also ordered food pool side and went to one of the dinner theme nights, the Boogie Nights. The entertainment was good but the food was limited and subpar. We did not eat at any of the restaurants in town during this trip but here are a number of good ones a short cab ride or 15 minute walk from the resort.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cpdc
Dear Cpdc,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Sincerely