We are a couple from NY, I am 45 and my BF is 51. We inherited a RCI timeshare week from my sister.. so we had a choice of resorts… after much research we settled on Playa Grande. I can tell you that even after reading all the great reviews, we were even more impressed by Playa Grande’s location, cleanliness, accommodations and friendly service. Not to mention the comfy beds that we passed out in night after night!! The pictures do not do this resort justice. I was one of those who were stressing over staying in the Lower 40’s or the Ridge prior to my arrival. We were placed in “Lower 40’s” Building B , 3rd level up and we were extremely happy with the placement of our 1 Bedroom unit since we loved being closer to the beach.
On arrival we were asked to attend a sales presentation for Grand Solmar.. we declined.. but did consider it later. I just knew that we are not in the market to buy a timeshare and I did not want to be placed in this type of situation on our vacation.
The Location of Playa Grande was perfect for us, after visiting Medano Beach.. We prefer staying on the Pacific Side rather than the Sea of Cortez. The Beach was large, quiet and beautiful.. it is not safe to swim on this side and that was not a problem for us. We walked to the Marina a number of times which took about 15m from our room. A cab ride to Medano beach cost $12 one way. We also were able to walk /hike to Divorce and Lovers beach.
We arranged the Airport Transportation thru Playa Grand’s website, a reasonable $38pp Round Trip for shared shuttle. We arrived at 2pm and checked in immediately. The shop in the resort has a good selection of food items for the room.. we went to OXXO.. but in hind site would just have shopped at Playa Grande instead.
We signed up for the All Inclusive for 3 days (Mon, Tues, Wed) and that suited us perfectly!! We were treated wonderfully by all the staff.. it included the Mexican Fiesta on Monday night (this is an absolute MUST!! ) We had soooo much fun.. Hats off to the entertainment staff… they got everyone laughing and up dancing!! We attended the Tequila tasting with Leonardo and loved it and learned a lot!!! (he is a class act!) We did Brigantine for all 3 Breakfasts, Calima for all 3 lunches and Puerto san Lucas for dinner which was good. Then went to the Beach Party on Wed….. again lots of FUN but I was not crazy about the food that night so I just ordered food to the room at 50% off. These 3 days were soooo relaxing.. lots of beach/pool /drinking time without anyone hassling you to buy something!! No problems with the WIFi either.
We booked a Sunset Sailing Cruise for Friday night through Playa Grande on Cabo Sailing another A+++ outfit. I highly recommend using the resort to arrange activities.
I can’t say enough good things about Playa Grande.. I would consider buying a Time Share there if it was closer. Keep up the good job.. hope to stay there again real soon!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico