“Entertainment at Playa Grande”

Playa Grande Resort
Ranked #18 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We all had the pleasure of visiting Playa Grande for the 1st time. It was a long trip from New York where we are from but it looked amazing on the RCI website so we tried. And WOW were we glad we went. Roberto, Humberto, Luis, and Rose and Mayra were the best entertainment on the resort. We laughed so much and danced too when it was the Mexican Fiesta, Beach Party, and the Boogie Nite with music from the 70's & 80's. Roberto should work in New York where his talents would be needed here and he & Humberto should come together. We are still saying "M U S I C A D J". What a dancer those two are! Rose was so sweet as we saw her & Humberto at the pool activities every day where we played Volleyball with the famous Tequila for the winners! We all had such a good time with my husband, mother in law "Oma", and 3 daughters! Thank you for the memories & laughter!

2  Thank Mariela G
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Mariela G,
Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your amazing getaway at Cabo. It sounds like you had a wonderful time and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay
I agree that our entertainment staff is amazing they indeed love what they do and this in turn allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
We look forward to hosting you again.
Sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (4,037)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

close to the Marina, pools were excellent, family friendly, very professional and friendly staff. I would recommend Los Cabos. Is safe to travel, we took public transportation everywhere eve late at night with two kids. Bus is very cheap less than a dollar per person. We also visited San Jose, very quaint town with lots of art galleries. Mexicans are friendly and we never go lost.

Room Tip: all rooms have ocean view, we were located near all pools which was very convenient.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Carmennleroy,
Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your amazing getaway at Cabo. It sounds like you and your family had a wonderful time and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay
I´m glad that your experience with us was pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Cordially,

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I just got back from my stay at Playa Grande. It was a very large hotel situated steps away from the marina. We stayed in a luxury suite and it could easily accommodate 6 people. I was with a bachelorette party so I figured they placed us facing the marina where we could hear the club music from squid roe at night. We were very far from the hotel lobby and had to call a bell boy to give us a ride most of the time so we didn't have to hike in the heat. The elevators were very confusing and it took me a while to find my way. Towards the end of my stay I was giving directions to other lost guests. They may try to sell you on a time share whenever you pass the lobby. The wifi was not free and signal is only strongest in the lobby or pool area. The other side of the hotel was very beautiful. It was situated along a non swimable beach. Had a great swim up bar. Brigantine restaurant at sunset was amazing.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank ChristieLynne

Dear ChristieLynne,
I appreciate you in taking the time to share your comments and experiences related to your last stay at our resort.
Our goal is to provide every guest a beautiful and memorable vacation throughout great service and devotion towards our guests.
I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in a near future to provide you with the excellent experience and service that you deserve.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Beautiful hotel with beautiful views. The staff was very nice and rooms were very clean. Lots of activities throughout the day if you do not want to venture out. If you plan on staying at the hotel during the day I would recommend the all inclusive to save money. The restaurants are amazing. The pool side bar is very pricey.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Jennifer H,
Thank you for your kind words, I agree that our staff does the best to provide a friendly and professional service all the time
We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Sincerely yours

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We are a couple from NY, I am 45 and my BF is 51. We inherited a RCI timeshare week from my sister.. so we had a choice of resorts… after much research we settled on Playa Grande. I can tell you that even after reading all the great reviews, we were even more impressed by Playa Grande’s location, cleanliness, accommodations and friendly service. Not to mention the comfy beds that we passed out in night after night!! The pictures do not do this resort justice. I was one of those who were stressing over staying in the Lower 40’s or the Ridge prior to my arrival. We were placed in “Lower 40’s” Building B , 3rd level up and we were extremely happy with the placement of our 1 Bedroom unit since we loved being closer to the beach.

On arrival we were asked to attend a sales presentation for Grand Solmar.. we declined.. but did consider it later. I just knew that we are not in the market to buy a timeshare and I did not want to be placed in this type of situation on our vacation.

The Location of Playa Grande was perfect for us, after visiting Medano Beach.. We prefer staying on the Pacific Side rather than the Sea of Cortez. The Beach was large, quiet and beautiful.. it is not safe to swim on this side and that was not a problem for us. We walked to the Marina a number of times which took about 15m from our room. A cab ride to Medano beach cost $12 one way. We also were able to walk /hike to Divorce and Lovers beach.

We arranged the Airport Transportation thru Playa Grand’s website, a reasonable $38pp Round Trip for shared shuttle. We arrived at 2pm and checked in immediately. The shop in the resort has a good selection of food items for the room.. we went to OXXO.. but in hind site would just have shopped at Playa Grande instead.

We signed up for the All Inclusive for 3 days (Mon, Tues, Wed) and that suited us perfectly!! We were treated wonderfully by all the staff.. it included the Mexican Fiesta on Monday night (this is an absolute MUST!! ) We had soooo much fun.. Hats off to the entertainment staff… they got everyone laughing and up dancing!! We attended the Tequila tasting with Leonardo and loved it and learned a lot!!! (he is a class act!) We did Brigantine for all 3 Breakfasts, Calima for all 3 lunches and Puerto san Lucas for dinner which was good. Then went to the Beach Party on Wed….. again lots of FUN but I was not crazy about the food that night so I just ordered food to the room at 50% off. These 3 days were soooo relaxing.. lots of beach/pool /drinking time without anyone hassling you to buy something!! No problems with the WIFi either.
We booked a Sunset Sailing Cruise for Friday night through Playa Grande on Cabo Sailing another A+++ outfit. I highly recommend using the resort to arrange activities.

I can’t say enough good things about Playa Grande.. I would consider buying a Time Share there if it was closer. Keep up the good job.. hope to stay there again real soon!!!

Room Tip: Just talk to the person on Check-in.. they will listen to your wishes and try their best to accommod...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeenieSk8s

Dear DeenieSk8s,
Thank you very much for this detailed and wonderful review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service and selection of food.
I am delighted to read your comments and learn that you have been impressed with our place.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we are looking forward to your next visit

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I just checked in today and wanted everyone to know the time share people do not do not hound you like I read in all the reviews . They offer a presentation you say no and that's the end of it. I was greeted with a smile by Carlos who checked us in professional and friendly . The resort has a shop with everything you need , we found out after our trip to walmart . The rooms are impeccable the one Bedroom we are staying in has two bathrooms . The food is normally priced also ,so far great start .

Room Tip: Near the pool and restaurants higher up better view but I Prefered first floor
1  Thank Debra C

Dear Debra C,
Thank you for your lovely review. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am glad you enjoyed our services.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This resort is amazing! We had such a great vacation! The employees are exceptional! Ernesto in the Calima restaurant went above and beyond and the food was excellent! Fernando in the lobby bar provided great service and he also held a tequila tasting which was wonderful! Everyone should do this!!! Ivan and Alejandro in the Calima restaurant provided excellent service every time we ate there!! Humberto and Roberto on the Recreation team were amazing and provided excellent entertainment! We did the all inclusive here and would do it again! Food was the best we have had at an all inclusive! Rooms were perfect, views were awesome, pools excellent! I honestly have nothing bad to say about this vacation!

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom with a kitchen which was well equipped. It was higher up so we had a beautiful...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kimberly R
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Kimberly R,
What a delightful review to read. Thank you so much for sharing such lovely comments. Our staff do indeed love what they do and this in turn allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times.
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that your experience with us was pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.