Just got back from a week at Playa Grande in Cabo San Lucas. Overall, this is a great property. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite from a Junior suite. We asked for a pass to "The Ridge" and were at first told that wasn't possible. Then as we were leaving the front desk, the clerk handed us a pass. Let me tell you this, without that pass, this would have been one of our worst experiences. Why? Because the adults only pool is being refinished and that meant a jackhammer from 8:00AM to 6:00PM. Our room was right above the pool which made sitting on the balcony and reading impossible. This noise was also very loud when just sitting at the other pools. The only escape was to go up to The Ridge. When we checked out, I asked if anyone was there that could consider some sort of credit for what we experienced. I was told no. I guess they felt the pass to The Ridge was compensation enough.
The food we had at the pool and the Ridge Restaurant was wonderful. No complaints there.
The property is within walking distance to the Marina but a little too far to walk to downtown, especially in the daytime sun and heat. And much too far to walk to the beach activities and swimming (did I mention the Playa Grande's beach is much too dangerous to go in? Overall, until the adults pool is done with their refinishing project, I wouldn't stay here without a guarantee of access to The Ridge.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico