My husband I stayed here for a week in April 2014.
Despite being seasoned travellers and reading all of the warnings, my husband was conned in by the timeshare people at the airport - the same thing happened to me last year. They are just so good! They make you think that they are there to tranport you to your resort or part of tourism Cabo. If this happens to you, just walk away as we have found them to always be respectful and polite.
This was our 3rd trip to Cabo in 2 years. What we love is that the resorts and area are very upscale, and that you feel safe on the resorts and when you are out and about - and we venture out a lot to restaurants, for shopping, etc. Also, the scenery in Cabo is breathtaking.
The weather in April was beautiful - very warm and sunny every day of our stay.
Positives about Playa Grande:
- Location, location ... it is within walking distance to the marina where there are loads and loads of restaurants, nightlife and shopping (Luxury Avenue mall).
- Check-in and check-out was easy (we were not offered any upgrades).
- Staff are well-trained, friendly and helpful.
- Units are large and spotless, although furnishings were nothing over the top. We had a studio unit overlooking the pool area/ocean.
- Grounds are beautiful and well maintained.
- There are multiple pools, including an adults only pool. Although the adult pool is close to the activity pool, you cannot hear the noise when sitting around the adult pool (I found it very zen!). We were lucky to get a pass to the ridge pool which is stunning. However, after the first day we gave up on this pool as the residents have first dibs on the chairs and we could never find seating - although later in the day there were some chairs available.
- There is a lovely, full-service spa on-site and worth a visit.
- There are multiple restaurants on-site and our favourite was Brigantine - what a view of the ocean sitting here for breakfast, lunch or dinner and the food, service and price was great.
- Although we didn't attend, we did see lots of people enjoying themselves at the outdoor themed events that were offered nightly. I think it was $40 US per person for all you could eat/drink if you did not have the all-inclusive package. I saw the staff working all day in the heat to set up these events and the decorations were elaborate and beautiful.
- The beach is magnificent! I go to Cabo to watch the waves crashing and this time around we got to see some whales - what a treat that was.
Now, some not so good things:
- Internet is the WORST!!! The management really needs to sort this out!!! I don't go on vacation to surf the net, but I do need to stay connected because of elderly parents back home. We even consulted staff in the Internet cafe who gave us a "secret code" to improve the connection - but it didn't.
- The lobby is dedicated to the timeshare people, so seating is very limited. All of the other timeshares I have stayed at have a separate area for them, away from the main lobby.
Overall, we would definitely consider a return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico