Playa Grande Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Breakfast included
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
The Resort at Pedregal(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Cabo Pedregal Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Viva Cabo Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
Siesta Suites(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Restaurant
4,112 results
All reviewsbrigantine restaurantmexican fiestaridge poolentertainment stafftime sharetequila volleyballlobby barfiesta nightthe pacific oceanbusiness centerwalking distance to the marinamedano beachwater aerobicskids clubspanish lessonsmurphy bedtowel cards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We always have a great time when we come to this place. The place is well kept and maintained - they did close one of the swimming pools for renovation but it was not a problem.
We stay at a 1 bedroom and has 2 baths - it will sleep 4 comfortably. Even there's only 2 of us we like having the extra room. It has a good size kitchen if u want to cook,
This time we stayed at the resort majority of the time we were there. We hardly went to town. We hung out at the pool and met lots of nice people from all over the U.S. The entertainment staff did a great job at keeping people engaged but were not too pushy if you didn't want to participate - thank you Roberto, Humberto, Luis (my fave), Rose & Silvia. My husband played the Tequila Volleyball a few times and I joined the Water aerobics when I missed the gym.
Thumbs up to all the pool bar staff most especially to Luis Fernando - we lounged at his area for most of the week and he was an awesome waiter - always making sure we have what we need. But the rest of the bar staff are great as well (Innes, Eduardo, Miguel at the pool bar) they're very friendly and always smiling & saying hello even if they're sweating. We have never been disappointed when we come stay @ Playa Grande. And most of the first timers here that we spoke with are happy as well. Food here has improved as well. We even ordered room service a couple nights.
Thank you for a wonderful time, again. We hope to be back again soon.

Room Tip: All the rooms @ Playa Grande has the view of the pool & the ocean. Try to get a room above the 3rd floor so you won't have the palm trees obstructing your view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear JonaLynne
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.
Your comments will share with pleasure with the people you mentioned in your review.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Don't know why Grand Solmar is going modern as if this is the suburbs. Playa Grande couldn't have been developed nicer. The landscaping is open and wide and floral. We loved the tree's the fish, turtles, fountain, etc; just beautiful! Don't do the presentation for buying Grand Solmar, the breakfast will make you want to leave and the presenter wants you to buy before you eat. There gonna try signing you up as soon as you check into Playa Grande just walk past them, (they ran after us) as you must do with salesman at airport too. God if the municipality could only take those salespeople off the marina and out of the hotels Cabo would be a dream! Get a tan before you go. p.s. I love Mexican's, what a sweet people, they work so hard and maintain this place awesome!

Room Tip: regardless what room you have your gonna get a view because the design is so perfecto.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank matthew s

Dear Matthew S
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others guests. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience.We are glad that your experience with us was pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We had a spacious one bedroom room that easily accommodated the 4 of us, and the sleeper sofa was actually comfortable. It was 100 ft. from the beach (unswimmable but stunningly beautiful), and 50 ft. from the 3 gorgeous pools. Everything was perfect, with one exception: the internet. The WiFi signal was strong but the internet was sluggish at best and sometimes non-existent, despite the fact that they charge about $10 a day for it; we bought the weekly package for about $45. I could not connect to Skype, Viber, Facetime, and basically could NOT use it to have phone conversations, and at times even a simple e-mail would take minutes to send. They must do something about it.
We recommend their Fiestas (themed evening dinner parties): they had an excellent classic rock band the first night, and another time they had a Disco group. It was $40 per person but it included food and drinks: it was worth it.

Room Tip: We liked the ground floor room we had because we could all run in and out to the beach or the pool directly. However, the upper floors have stunning views of beach and the resort pools.
3  Thank Max102938
Flora C, General Manager at Playa Grande Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Max102938,
I want to thank you for taking the time to write your experiences regarding your recent stay. Our guests’ comments give us important feedback on our performance and provide us with great ideas on how to improve our service.
Thank you again for you valuable remarks and we hope to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Been going here for a few years now and always have had a wonderful time. The service, food and hospitality are all 5+ stars. I have personally stayed in both sets of rooms (downstairs and the ridge) and they are are wonderful!

1  Thank kady c

Dear Kady C,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with our outstanding service. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

As usual with most timeshare resorts after check in you have to visit the time share representatives to get your towel card. The lady I spoke with the first night was very nice. I told her I was not interested in the presentations. She was very repeatable and let us go. However the following day when I tried to walk out the front door to go and get breakfast I was cut off at the door by another sales rep. This one was very pushy and would not move out of my way. I asked her four times very clearly to walk away from me and to let me leave. In the end I had to side step her very quickly to get by her. I later went to speak to the manager of the resort. The receptionist called the manager on the phone and apparently he or she did not care to speak to me as one of the other front receptionist suddenly became the manager on duty after the phone call was over. I was assured I would no longer be bothered by the sales staff. With a eight inch goat-t I would think it would easy to tell who I am and that I was the one not to be bothered. However it continued the remainder of my stay. For this reason alone I will not be returning to this resort or any of their sister resorts and would not recommend to anyone that wants to relax and not be bothered with pressure to by a timeshare again or someone that expects a manager to do their job in controlling their staff and dealing with the customer.

Room Tip: Best rooms are on the Ridge. Newer and nicer. Down side is more elevators to get to your room.
3  Thank Coke T