This was my first visit to Cabo San Lucas and the Playa Grande Resort. I traveled with two friends of mine who own a timeshare at Playa and have been going there for ten years. I was told that it would exceed my expectations and it did! Playa Grande is incredible. It was even better than they described. The grounds and rooms are really clean. Ours came with a full size stove, refrigerator and microwave. We had coffee and breakfast outside as we sat on our balcony facing the pool area and the ocean. The views were spectacular !! The pools are nice, they have an adult only pool and although the beach is not swim-able, it is fantastic to walk on and enjoy. There are no vendors that bother you! But, what I really enjoy about Playa Grande is the proximity to town. We walked morning, noon and night between the hotel and town and never had a problem. The walkway leaving the resort deposits you right into the marina area. The marina area was well lit, very clean and always had security everywhere. There were many, many restaurants and bars very close that made the 10-15 minute walk great. They do have a convenience store at Playa, however you will be paying a little more for the convenience.
As for the timeshare issue...What do you expect? Your in Cabo. Do your research and you will find its just a part of "resort Cabo" now. The locals would even tease us about it now and then saying "can we sell you a time share?" then laughing and saying "Just kidding".. So, yes, they do grab you after you check in and this is unavoidable as you have to obtain your 'pool towel cards' from these ladies. Not promoting time shares here, but if you plan, you can take advantage of some great discounts they offer. Just know going in.....set aside a 2-3 hour window (They will tell you 1 1/2 hr) and go to a presentation....at least they feed you a breakfast. And come with some questions about the area to ask the sales person they may have an inside scoop ...But they have their 'pitch' to do, so go threw it and say no if you're not interested. Otherwise, you'll be the only people on the para sails, wave runners, fishing, snorkeling, golf courses, dinner cruise, spa, etc, etc that is paying full price. Or, if you have plenty of money, then just thank them and tell them you'll not be doing a tour this time. That should do the trick. That being said, I'm considering a timeshare now. ;)
So, to sum it up, Playa Grande has a lot to offer for your next vacation. I know I'll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Baja California's most exclusive and private Beach, along the Pacific Ocean side and a few steps from the Land's End and the famous natural arch, this charming, Mexican hacienda style all suite resort sits on eight acres of beach, only a few steps from the sparkling Pacific Ocean and a few minutes’ walking to downtown Cabo. This is a dramatic setting to relax and enjoy your dream vacation under the sun. If it’s shopping, fine dining and nightlife you’re looking for, downtown Cabo San Lucas is just a short stroll away. And if you’d really like to reward yourself, the world class Grand Spa will be waiting with a full range of luxuries that will nurture your body and soul. The Playa Grande Resort features all suites with private balconies, kitchens or kitchenettes, and distinctive touches such as marble floors, granite counter tops and hand crafted furniture and decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playa Grande Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Grande Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Cabo San Lucas
- Playa Grande Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico