“Great place to relax and soak up some sun.”

The Ridge at Playa Grande
Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Excellent facilities, wonderful staff. The view from the Ridge is amazing, the Cabo Marina on one side, the Pacific Ocean on the other. Within walking distance to great restaurants in the older part of Cabo and around the marina. Best part is the relative seclusion on the Ridge. You feel like you are in your own private resort with the warm Cabo sun and cool Pacific breeze what more could anyone ask for?

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Rodrigo G, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Dear jtf56;

On behalf of our resort staff member, i want to thakn you for your amazing review about our resort. I am beyond satisfied that you ge t the opportunity to enjoy our facilities, pools and restaurants.
It is always great to hear from our guest how good their experience was. It is turth that we have the best of both worlds, the marina on one side, the pacific ocean on the other. Our infinity pool really provides the best relaxing views.

We thank you again for your beautiful comments and hope to welcome you back to our resort once more.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

I did a lot of research on this resort before exchanging through RCI, now my only negative thing about this review is that RCI members can only stay once every four years, believe you me I will find a way to stay here again before that. This will be a lengthy review but I want to be thorough.

First of all I would like to give a shout out to Victors Cabo Shuttle service, very professional company, very polite and knowledgeable drivers, had cold beers waiting for us and was willing to stop for 30 minutes to shop for groceries. We were very concerned that they would even be there after all of the flight and airline changes we had trying to get there, Victor monitored the flight info all day and Mingo (Domingo) was promptly there 10 hours after our original arrival time, very nice job.

When you step into the lobby you are greeted with a "welcome home, we've been waiting for you" Check in was a breeze, Noe was very helpful getting us our room, and had us on our way in no time. Ten minute meeting with Jenifer to go over the resort layout and offer us the presentation and we were on our way. We declined the presentation and in no way felt pressured into it again. I don't think you can go wrong with any room at Playa Grande, but after a lot of research we asked to be on the Ridge because it was a little more laid back and a closer exit to the street for heading downtown. I made one request when I made my reservation and was given a beautiful room over looking the marina. From what I understand if there is availability on the Ridge they will gladly accommodate you. Ocean side would of been wonderful to falling asleep to the crashing waves each night. We got in late so didn't do the all inclusive upon arrival but waited until the next morning. There were no food options open other then room service, which we did the special a bucket of 6 beers on ice and a large pizza for $32, very reasonable.

For the all inclusive its a no brainer, it more then paid for itself for my wife and I, $78 per person. If you like to have breakfast, drinks by the pool and then a nice lunch its paid for before you even think about dinner. plus it includes theme dinners, fiesta night, beach party night and dinner at their own restaurant Peurto San Lucas, which was amazing, I had the catch of the day Red Snapper, service was very good here, had a nice romantic dinner, very, very close walking distance, or they'll shuttle you over to. We ate some of the best shrimp, lobster and steak all week and some top shelf cocktails as well.

Rooms were cleaned to the highest of standards each day promptly, wish I would of gotten their names so I could give them credit, the towel sculptures each day were fun to come back to. We were served by Juan and Miguel all week at the Ridge pool, along with Marco the waiter, very hard workers and drinks never went dry, they would even run and get you dry towels once they saw you heading that way. We were served by Victor and Alexandria at the Calima restaurant throughout the week for lunch and dinners very professional, friendly individuals, a nice place to get out of the sun for an hour during the day.

Breakfast was my wife's favorite meal of the day down at Brigatines, the French toast is like no other, our waiter Ramon greeted us each morning with a smile, coffee and mimosas. He works all day, goes to school at night and still smiles ear to ear when you see him all on three hours sleep.

We ended each night in the lobby bar sipping on martinis or Don Julio, all inclusive remember haha. Jorge the manager would check on you often to see if he could be of assistance or to make sure you were enjoying yourself. Martin and I think it was Hector made the best sangrita to go along with the tequila, very pleasant workers and a perfect way to end an evening in Cabo.

If you are having trouble deciding where to stay, look no further, book it here now, we'll be back for sure, made a lot of new friends from members of week 22, hoping to see them again someday. Perfect location, close to everything, beautiful grounds, clean rooms, very comfortable beds absolutely couldn't find a negative thing to say about this resort.

Cannot believe I almost forgot to mention the entertainment staff, this group goes above and beyond on trying to make your stay very entertaining and you can tell they truly do love going to work each day, my wife and I laughed so hard at the fiesta show our side ached.

Feel free to email me with any questions, I am no expert, this was my first trip to Cabo but will give you honest opinions of our travels.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dexter5
Rodrigo G, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Dear Dexter

I have the opportunity to read your complete experience to our staff in our last week meeting, and all we can say is: Thank you, for your passion, your words, and the way you express about our services, staff, restaurants, and general areas. It is very important for us that since the very beginning the experience of our guest starts smoothly. Fron the transportation, the check in, the rooms atmosphere. I am glad you enjoy our all inclusive package like many others, it is a nice option for people to enjoy our restaurants and theme nights. All our chefs are also satisfied about your comments (mentions about the lobster or shirimp).Along with our housekeeping department, waiter from the pool like Juan, Marco, Miguel, Noe at the front desk, Victor and Alejandra in the other restaurant, all pof them friendly individuals and professionals.

I also thank you for your high remarks about the service you got at our lobby bar with Jorge our manager assisting you, along with Martin and Hector who prepares great drinks for you, and at our ocean front restaurant where you enjoyed our breakfast and service from Ramon. And of course, our entertainment staff, the best in Cabo, in the views of many guest.

Thank you again for your recommendation, we will be more than happy to welcome you back to our resort with all your family.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We stay on the "Ridge" while at the Playa and as always it was perfect. Being somewhat private on the ridge; the staff and amenities were sensational! We can't wait to go back next year. The rooms are amazing and the resort offers great fun activities such as Mexican Fiesta Night and the Beach Night Party. great fun all around.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Rodrigo G, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Dear Ray

On behalf of all the staff from our resort, we want to thank you for your marvelous comment about your most recent stay. We are satisfied that you have the opportunity to enjoy our theme nights and also the privacy and exclusive area that represent our pools and restaurant.

We will love to welcome you back next year.

Reviewed 21 April 2013

We were back on the Ridge last week for our 3rd visit to Playa Grande, and enjoyed it even more than our prior travels. We have been to Cabo more times than we can count on fingers and most toes. This time we just needed quiet and relaxation. We purchased the all-inclusive plan so we didn't have to worry about how much the pool drinks or dinner was going to be and didn't need to wander off campus for food. Violeta, Teo, Miguel, Luis, Flavio, and the rest of the staff (who are worth naming but escape my memory at the moment) did a great job of serving great breakfasts, keep our drinks filled, and pampering us however they could. Being Seattle coffee addicts, we did bring our own coffee and picked up some 1/2 1/2 at the hotel store so we could enjoy our morning bliss on the couch on the deck overlooking the marina.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sidsy
Rodrigo G, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Dear Sidsy

On behalf of all the staff i want to thank you for sharing with everybody your feelings regarding your recent stay with us. We love to see familiar faces, for a 3rd or more times. We want the people to feel welcome. I am happy that you enjoy our all inclusive package and i will share with Violeta, Teo, Miguel, Luis, Flavio and all of the chefs from our pool the exceptional comments you have made, regarding your experience at the breakfast. Being also a coffee lover, i really believe there is no better way to enjoy it, that overlooking the pacific ocean and marina views that our hotel provides.

Hoping to see you for a 4th time,

Rodrigo Gutierrez
General manager

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I purchased a timeshare unit at the Ridge at Playa Grande over seven years ago and believe it was the best investment of my life! I look forward to my time on the Ridge every year. The units are spacious, beautiful and well maintained. The views of the ocean and the marina are spectacular. Very few places in Cabo have this magnificant view. The staff is wonderful, the grounds immaculate, and the dining options plentiful. It is also a very convenient walk to the marina and into town. Many people are hesitant to travel to Mexico, but I have to say that I have NEVER felt unsafe in Cabo along the marina, and defintely not at Playa Grande. The staff patrol the grounds regularly and I have never seen or heard of any issues. Have made many wonderful friends on the Ridge and look forward to seeing them every year. I have converted many friends and family members into Caboaholics like I am, and they all love the Ridge too!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank vlsatty
Rodrigo G, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear Vissaty;

On behalf of all our staff we want to thank you for your comments regarding that this was the investment of your life!. Comments like that make us not only smile, but feel that we are doing things right, and that we are going in the right direction. As i have said it before, we are in a perfect area, with the best views, and working every day to maintain our areas.

We will love to see you again, for your 8th year.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

Breakfast at The Ridge in Cabo was one of the highlights of our stay at Solmar! Staffers Miguel and Luis Fernando were topnotch! We went on a "girls weekend" - mothers and daughters and would go again in a heartbeat. We all were impressed with the quality of service and food.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
RolandBernardG, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Dear Guests from Minneapolis, Minnesota:

We are glad to know that you had a great time with us at The Ridge at Playa Grande your home away from home and we sincerely appreciate your comment "Breakfast at The Ridge in Cabo was one of the highlights of our stay at Solmar! Staffers Miguel and Luis Fernando were topnotch!!"
Please let us know in advance when you will come back to visit us, we will be very pleased to serve you again and fulfill your expectations!
We are all very happy to know that your experience with us was a very pleasant one.
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to send us your comments that I will share with pleasure with all our staff.
On behalf of my entire staff we want to wish you the best and we all send you our warm regards.
Sincerely yours.

Reviewed 30 March 2013

The Ridge at Playa Grande is the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed at. You will get a complete 360 degree view of Cabo including the marina and the ocean. The location of this hotel is conveniently placed a short walk from downtown and all of the wonderful restaurants on the marina. The actual rooms are spacious and beautiful. The fixtures, furniture, and bedding are top quality and everything is still in great condition.

The Ridge restaurant has very good food and exceptional service. Teofilo was our server for almost the entire trip and he is the absolute best! He was extremely courteous, friendly, and very quick with all of our orders. He got to know our entire group by the end of the trip and really made us feel at home.

Overall, I would absolutely recommend the ridge at Playa Grande!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alyssa L
RolandBernardG, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Dear Guests from Chicago, Illinois:

You really make us very happy with your lovely comment “Wonderful Vacationing Spot”
We are glad to know that you had a great time with us at Playa Grande your home away from home!
Sincerely yours.