“Great location & view” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #23 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Ballwin, Missouri
“Great location & view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I would recommend for adults or those with older kids as you will need to walk up hills to get anywhere. The 3 pools are nice and 1 is heated. Location is great as it right outside of the marina so you can have your fun & food and still get back to the room in a 10 minute walk. You cannot swim on the Pacific side but the Sea of Cortez has beaches to walk and swim.

Rooms are very nice and come with stove, fridge, and microwave. Convienent stores are nearby to stock up on snacks and drinks for the room.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GoldenDeli
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Dear GoldenDeli;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I agree that our property offers a Great location.
I´m glad that your experience with us was pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Diamond Bar, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Playa Grande 5 times with another couple who has a timeshare here. This is an excellent resort. The service, housekeeping, food is all excellent. We have stayed on The Ridge 3 of the 5 times which is a great place. The 2 for 1 happy hour is a great treat for your afternoon snack. The sushi is very good.

The 2 bedroom suite is excellent for large families. You can comfortably sleep 8 people.
We went and had the happy hour tacos in the lobby bar which were excellent. I highly recommend them. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. They have a large tub which you can relax in.

It is walking distance to town. While in town, be sure to stop by a little bar called "Uno Mas".

You can catch a water taxi just down below the resort which can take you over to the other side of the marina if you don't have a car or don't want to walk.

You may have to sit through a sales presentation, but "just say no". It will be over before you know it.

Room Tip: If you can get to The Ridge is is a nice area. As if you can get a room which overlooks the marina.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon G
Dear Sharon G,
We are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit; I am glad that you enjoyed our services.
Come back anytime to visit us. We will be very pleased to serve you again.
Cordially
South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

My mother and I decided to spend our annual trip at this lovely resort through an Expedia package. We stayed at the Ridge and had a beautiful view of the Marina. Definitely a high walkability score and the staff to name a few from Chiuy, Eduardo, Hector, Paula, Erika and Ramon provided excellent customer service, professionalism and wonderful opportunities to practice my Spanish. We also had dinner at Puerto San Lucas and our waiter Fancisco and the Manager Pueblo were attentive, precise and the food's presentation was beautiful, fresh and delicious. Maravilloso!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this review, 18 September 2013
Dear Mouse36,

Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your annual trip in Cabo. It sounds like you and your mom had a wonderful time and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay.

We look forward to hosting you again so you can practice your Spanish

Cordially
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for 8 days from sept 1 - 8. Breakfast came with our reservations. I had breakfast every morning at the Brigantine. The service by Jorge Sannchez and his team (Zaira, Ana Karen, Coriolanus, Luis, yovani, Ana iris) was exceptional. Yes I took all their names. I had the best hot chocolate with my breakfast every morning. I was impressed with how quickly all of the staff got my love for the hot chocolate.
The views from the Ridge are simply great and the service at the adult's pool was great also. The hotel is ideally located for walks on the mariner and to downtown Cabo. You have to find Reuben on the mariner for deals on tours and the like.

Now the not so good stuff. Wifi and the gym are not included (granted I did get both at discounted rates after complaining). No robes in the rooms.

I will definitely stay again and will highly recommend this resort.

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Larryhp;

Thank you so much for sharing such lovely comments. Our staff do indeed love what they do and this in turn allows us to provide a friendly, professional service at all times. It sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at The Ridge.

Your comments will share with pleasure with the people you mentioned in your review.

Sincerely
Del Mar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

The Ridge at Playa Grande is worth every penny! Spectacular views, great service, great food/drink and so much more! The Ridge is the upgraded portion of Playa Grande with much more comfortable beds, better views, etc.. I highly recommend!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Alprazolam,

We are glad that you experience with us was a pleasant one. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I´m glad you enjoyed your stay at the Ridge.

It was truly our pleasure to serve you.

Best Regard
Independence, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We loved this resort! The room was clean and it was so nice to have two bathrooms for a family of four. Our balcony was huge and we had views of both the marina and the Pacific ocean. Also loved the small murphy bed for our younger son and the full sized one for our older son. We used our RCI exchange to stay here and we are bummed that we can't do it again for another four years!

We didn't do the all-inclusive and tried to cook in our room for breakfast, etc. This helped cut down our costs. We didn't drink a lot, but easily spent $50-$70/day at the pool bar for drinks/snacks.

We took our two sons, aged 12 and 9. The pool slide was a huge hit! We liked that we could go hang out in the adult pool and watch them from above. The staff was always quick to get us a cushion for the lounge chairs as they had to put them away quite a bit while we were there due to rain. The Ridge bartenders/servers were amazing and quick to tend to any of our needs. Our first night there we ordered food and my husband's dinner had peppers. He doesn't like peppers and was going to pick around them, but our server noticed and took the plate and had a new dinner made for him. This was excellent service!

Speaking of rain, we were there during tropical storm Juliette. Our power was only out for a few minutes and t.v. (satellite) about an hour or so. I think this is pretty amazing. With that said, the day after the storm, the Ridge pool bar was completely closed and not one staff person was there to hand out towels, etc. I understand that maybe the workers couldn't make it in due to the storm, but having one employee come up to the area to turn on music and pass out towels would have been nice.

Another minor complaint was getting up to our room....three elevators. Before we left I read the reviews about this I thought "That's kind of nit-picky", but now I get it. It's super hot and to go up and down the elevators is a road trip. The main elevator was out of service the day after the storm and we had to use the stairs. That was quite the workout, but the most frustrating part was the pitch black flight of stairs at the bottom. Obviously the power was out (in this area only), but they should have set up some temporary lighting.

We felt very safe at our resort. I felt comfortable sending my 9 year old up to the room to get a sandwich while we stayed at the pool. This was so helpful!

Quick tidbits:

---The t.v. was great (important with kids) and had HBO and cartoon network. There were plenty of English channels.

---We ordered groceries from whereincabos.com. I would highly suggest this if you want to cut down on food costs.

---Didn't use the mini golf as it was way too hot.

---Spa is expensive. $180 for a 90 minute massage...double than what I pay at home. We didn't use it for this reason.

---Love that you just give them your credit card at the beginning and sign each day. They do verify your signature too. We saw proof of this at the resort store.

---Love the smell in the lobby area. Hard to explain, but if you have been there you know what I mean. My husband kept asking what the scent was as he wants it for home.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kati W
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this review, 7 September 2013
Dear Kati W, Thank you for your lovely review. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I´m glad you enjoyed your stay as well our poolside. We appreciate your feedback regarding the elevator.
Front desk can help you to know more about the smell in the lobby.

Best Regards
Ridgefield, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the Ridge at Playa Grande. The views, pool and water slide are all amazing. The restaurant and bar staff are great. Special thanks to Teofilo, Flavio, Miguel and Violeta for making our stay wonderful. The extra effort by staff to help put together a impromptu birthday celebration was incredible.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family