“Love Love Love!!!”

The Ridge at Playa Grande
Ranked #28 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This was our first year using our timeshare at the Ridge and we absolutely loved it!! Our room was fantastic! Awesome Views, location and loved the Ridge infinity pool.
Our service at the Ridge pool was even better! Our waiter Luis Fernando made our whole experience even better! We just enjoyed his bubbly, full of life attitude! This trip would not of been complete with out the A-W-E-S-O-M-E service we received from the lovely Mr. Fernando!
I would also like to complete the service we received in the spa we were greeted by Magdalena and she was very pleasant and helpful. I highly recommend the message on the beach, it was so relaxing!
I highly recommend this resort and am very pleased we are bought our time share here. :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear JessL425
Thank you for your kind words, I agree that the Ridge offers a Great view an a awesome infinity pool. Our staff does the best to provide a friendly and professional service all the time
We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Your comments will share with pleasure with Luis Fernando and Magdalena who I’m sure will be happy to know that you remember them.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I stayed at the Ridge in Playa Grande with my fiance and our friends, and this was my first time in Cabo, and we totally loved it! I honestly thought I wasn't going to love it as much as I did, but this place was spectacular. The Hotel was gorgeous and within walking distance to everything, which made navigating a breeze. The marina is right outside of the hotel with a lot of shopping, and you have access to the Pacific side of the beach where you can't swim, but if you are willing to walk a bit and climb some rock face, you can access Lovers Beach on the Sea of Cortez side where you are allowed to swim. We weren't able to make it there, because we were there during a storm and the beach access was closed. Since we hit a patch of bad weather, we had to stay in the rooms, so it was a great thing the rooms were wonderful! Very spacious, with a large balcony that over looked the ridge. We had a lot of birds, chipmunks and lizards that would hang out on the rock face our room sat on, we always enjoyed photographing the wildlife in the mornings when all the critters were out and about. I especially loved that we had a kitchen, and we would go to a grocery store and bring things back for the week. We probably spent the most time at the the Infinity pool and swim-up pool bar at the ridge, my friends and I absolutely adored the staff! They were extremely fun to talk to, and when we had questions on where to go and how to get there, they were great at helping us find our way around. One night, we ended up taking a bus where we saw two members of the activities staff (we didn't know that at the time since it was a first day there) and they suggested we eat a place called El Pollo which was really good! The staff totally went above and beyond to help us out and make our stay extremely enjoyable. I am so excited to go back next year, and I hope to see the same staff again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Tamara K
Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your amazing vacations at Cabo. It sounds like you and your friends had a wonderful time and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay
We look forward to hearing from you in the near future.
Best Regards

Reviewed 1 October 2013

Traveling with three girlfriends for a much needed break, our expectations were high! We wanted it all...to feel pampered, relax, eat and drink well and be surrounded by beauty....the resort provided this environment in spades!

The staff at the Ridge Pool and restaurant were particularly attentive and thoughtful...not to mention entertaining! We had the pleasure of being waited on by Luis Fernando, Juan, Flavio and Jorge!! They made us feel like Queens...and by the looks of it, they were consistent with all the other guests as well!! :). We were there for a week and they had our humor, drinks and food preferences down! The mantra they kept saying to us was "your work here is to let us do everything for you"...I'm not going to lie, it took us about a nano second to fall into line!!!
The rooms are beautifully appointed and comfortable; we had the Ocean front view and that was perfect!

There were only a couple of things I would change; they should offer complimentary coffee in the rooms, or at least make it more convenient to get a cup first thing in the morning without room service. Fix the air conditioners so that they aren't knocking so loudly in the rooms...sounds like aliens are coming in through the ceiling...seriously!!!
The prices were a bit high in the restaurants over all, so we opted to do the all-inclusive; it paid for itself just in the drinks alone!

Another notable person was the front desk help/guide, Christian (sp?)! He was exceptionally helpful everyday and patient with all our questions!

We would ABSOLUTELY visit again!!! :)

Mary B.B.

Room Tip: The Ridge is really nice because of the private infinity pool. Ask about the AC noise in the rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

Hi Paige:

Thank you for sharing your experience, our staff does the best to provide a friendly and professional service all the time
Again thank you for your kindness in taking the time to send us your comments that I will share with all team

Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was my first time in Cabo and The Ridge at Playa Grande was amazing for my first experience visiting.

- The hotel- We stayed at The Ridge which is basically above the Playa Grande with private infinity pools (one facing the Pacific Ocean and the other facing the Marina/Cortez Sea). The views were breathtaking. The rooms were spacious and clean. I travel a bit around the US and there have been plenty of times where I have to call for maid service at 2pm. But at The Ridge, our suite would be clean and made up by the time we came back from breakfast at 10am! I did not have a single complaint. Infinty Pools- I was thrilled when I saw the pool had a bar that you could swim up to and order drinks. You can even order food and sit in the water as you enjoyed eating or drinking.

-The Staff at The Ridge: I have not met a more sincere, personable, helpful staff than the crew I met at The Ridge. In that sort of daily heat where they are constantly serving visitors, they never stopped smiling, laughing, or serving. They helped each other out without any complaints as if they were a family- Ismael, Juan, Gerardo, Luis, Raciel, Miguel, Teofilo, Flavio, and Mauricio. They were all a pleasure to be around! They always made sure to ask if I wanted another drink as soon as my glass was about to become empty-- that's the sort of thing we can appreciate when we are at a resort on vacation. :) The food was amazing; better than I anticipated. I was at the pool wanting an entree off the room service menu and mentioned it to the staff. Next thing you know they managed to have the dish made and brought to me at the pool. That is what I call going above and beyond! They were friendly and conversed when asked questions.

We definitely would love to come back to The Ridge at Playa Grande for the location and the views, but it was definitely the staff that made me want to come back to the same hotel. You can have the same great views at a nearby hotel, but the staff at The Ridge is what me and my boyfriend appreciated the most. We hope to see the same staff when we plan our next visit in February!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TessaLim
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear TessaLim
Thank you for your lovely review. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I agree that our property offers a Great location and our staff does the best to provide a friendly and professional service all the time.
We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and you are planning to come back soon.
Warm Regards.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I would recommend for adults or those with older kids as you will need to walk up hills to get anywhere. The 3 pools are nice and 1 is heated. Location is great as it right outside of the marina so you can have your fun & food and still get back to the room in a 10 minute walk. You cannot swim on the Pacific side but the Sea of Cortez has beaches to walk and swim.

Rooms are very nice and come with stove, fridge, and microwave. Convienent stores are nearby to stock up on snacks and drinks for the room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GoldenDeli

Dear GoldenDeli;

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I agree that our property offers a Great location.
I´m glad that your experience with us was pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.
Best Regards

Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Playa Grande 5 times with another couple who has a timeshare here. This is an excellent resort. The service, housekeeping, food is all excellent. We have stayed on The Ridge 3 of the 5 times which is a great place. The 2 for 1 happy hour is a great treat for your afternoon snack. The sushi is very good.

The 2 bedroom suite is excellent for large families. You can comfortably sleep 8 people.
We went and had the happy hour tacos in the lobby bar which were excellent. I highly recommend them. The rooms are very clean and the beds are comfortable. They have a large tub which you can relax in.

It is walking distance to town. While in town, be sure to stop by a little bar called "Uno Mas".

You can catch a water taxi just down below the resort which can take you over to the other side of the marina if you don't have a car or don't want to walk.

You may have to sit through a sales presentation, but "just say no". It will be over before you know it.

Room Tip: If you can get to The Ridge is is a nice area. As if you can get a room which overlooks the marina.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon G

Dear Sharon G,
We are delighted that you enjoyed an amazing stay during your recent visit; I am glad that you enjoyed our services.
Come back anytime to visit us. We will be very pleased to serve you again.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My mother and I decided to spend our annual trip at this lovely resort through an Expedia package. We stayed at the Ridge and had a beautiful view of the Marina. Definitely a high walkability score and the staff to name a few from Chiuy, Eduardo, Hector, Paula, Erika and Ramon provided excellent customer service, professionalism and wonderful opportunities to practice my Spanish. We also had dinner at Puerto San Lucas and our waiter Fancisco and the Manager Pueblo were attentive, precise and the food's presentation was beautiful, fresh and delicious. Maravilloso!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear Mouse36,

Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your annual trip in Cabo. It sounds like you and your mom had a wonderful time and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay.

We look forward to hosting you again so you can practice your Spanish