“We love the Ridge!”

The Ridge at Playa Grande
Ranked #24 of 73 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We've been going to Playa Grande for 7 years running and we wouldn't go anywhere else!!! The staff from the bellmen to the restaurant to the spa are all very friendly and engaging. It's especially nice to see familiar faces each year we return!
Teofilo on the Ridge has been a family favorite for the past few years! He is incredibly attentive and really cares about making our stay enjoyable. He has a great smile and is very engaging. We made sure we were in his section as often as possible!
This past trip my sister and I were completely blown away by Elizabeth at the spa-- she wasn't either of our masseuse but she made sure we had water, a warm wrap for our necks and even put cucumbers and cold wash cloths on our faces after our massages which by then the spa was all ready to close for the night but she made sure we were fully taken care of.
Our only complaint about the spa was that the rooms (both my sister's and mine) were pretty chilly. My mom had a phenomenal facial with Enedina and my dad claims his massage from Lucia was the best he's ever had.
Brenda kept our room immaculately clean, happy to provide us with any extra amenities we needed!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Molly L,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.
Your comments will share with pleasure with the people you mentioned in your review.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we all are looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Cordially

Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Ridge at Playa Grande is beautiful, peaceful, and is made even more fun because of the terrific attentive and friendly staff. Their attitude helps make all the guests interact and laugh! They were happy to prepare meals off the menu, and drinks were terrific! A beautiful view of the ocean AND the harbor with city lights. Does not get better than that in Cabo!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HappyByTheSea22
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear HappyByTheSea22,
Thank you for your kind words, I agree that our property offers a Great location and our staff does the best to provide a friendly and professional service all the time
We are glad that your experience with us was a pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We have stayed At Playa Grande every year for the last 6 years. This was the best trip. Internet in room. Close walk to town. Great room service. fast check in and check out. It was only 68 degree for our stay but that was not the normal.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Mebroker
Thank you very much for this review, which help all the TripAdvisor community to make the right decision when it comes to choosing the ideal resort for your vacation. It’s a pleasure to know that this experience was a very positive one, highlighted by our great service.
Thank you again for all your kind comments, we are looking forward to your next visit
Cordially

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We just recently returned from our 8 day stay at The Ridge and it was excellent. We have traveled to Cabo many times and we decided to upgrade to the Presidential Suite which had a wraparound balcony with breathtaking views of the Marina and Cabo. I highly recommend this room, it’s absolutely amazing!

This was my first time staying at The Ridge; however I have stayed at Playa Grande a few other times. Each visit I have had to Playa Grande has been very pleasurable. I think what I enjoy most about this resort is the friendly staff and how beautiful the resort is. Each time I have returned throughout the last 4 years I have seen familiar faces who greeted me with big smiles and hugs! I’d like to individually recognize Alejandro and Daniel for their outstanding customer service and willingness to go above and beyond, Playa Grande is very lucky to have you two!

The pool at The Ridge is simply amazing! I really enjoyed the fact that they had a children’s pool as well as a 21+ pool for adults only! A big shout out to Fernando for all his great service and for introducing us to their special cucumber, coconut and rum drink, it was delicious!

I would have to say the only downfall to this resort is the location is a little out of the way so we did spend a lot of time walking or had to get cab’s. I'd also like to mention we that we could hear the music from the clubs every night in our room even with all the doors closed. Although it didn't bother us, I can imagine it would others and I would recommend requesting a room that doesn't face the Marina or Downtown.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear ChelleB17,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience, we highly value your loyalty as a returning guest and it’s always nice to know we have met your expectations with the quality of the food and our outstanding service. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day. For us is really important your feedback and is heart warming to realize that our dedication is in the right path, as our goal is not only to make our guests return but to make them feel more comfortable each time and to notice the improvements in our services.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We just returned last night from our first ever trip to Cabo. The stay at playa grande was excellent. Our one bedroom suite at the ridge was beautiful. The staff was excellent. The food and drinks were great! Drinks were not watered down and the food was delicious. I love that it was private and not packed with people. I can not say enough about this place. I have never had such great service from friendly people. The staff at the Calima Restaurant are beyond superb. The food was delicious and they remembered us each time we came. I left feeling like we were leaving friends. The spa is amazing like none other I have seen, it was nice to spend our last afternoon in cabo getting side by side massages right on the beach! We will be back, and will be bringing friends.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dusty G

Dear Dusty G,
Thank you so much for sharing such great things about your amazing getaway at Cabo. It sounds like you had a wonderful time from check in to check out and enjoyed impeccable service throughout your stay.
I´m glad that your experience with us was pleasant one and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had a timeshare at this resort for 4 years. It is private (takes 3 elevators to get up there). Infinity pools with a view of the ocean and the marina. It is exclusive and there aren't too many kids. Very comfortable rooms and great service. Highly recommend!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Flora C, General Manager at The Ridge at Playa Grande, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Alene,

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Let me start by saying Playa Grande is a beautiful resort with all the amenities anyone could ask for!! Great staff: Concierges: Aldo and Noe, Bellman: Alejandro, Pool Waiters: Luis and Juan, Lobby Bar: Leonardo, Victor, Brigantine waitress: Zaira. The Mexican Fiesta and Beach Party should NOT be missed!! Also our cleaning ladies Carmelita and Olydia were great!

We arrived on 4/20 for what was supposed to be a week of peace and quiet in a penthouse suite(room 2451) as confirmed by RCI- on the Playa Grande side of the hotel. The room we were given- room 3345 on the Ridge- was beautiful and spacious on the inside, but loud and noisy outside on the patio(s) and the street below.
We asked multiple times to be moved, but we were told nothing "comparable" was available- we even offered to "downgrade" to get to the Playa- and still nothing. I don't want to bash such a beautiful resort, but I believe no effort was made by the front desk personnel to accommodate our modest request. Other than that- Our Trip Was Awesome!!

Room Tip: Avoid the lower buildings of the Ridge section- unless you enjoy street noise and don't plan on...