“Great crew, caught Wahoo in the first hour!”

El Budster - Salvador's Sportfishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico for more than 20 years, El Budster Fishing Charters has been providing sport anglers with the experience,equipment and the know how to find and catch world class billfish,tuna, dorado and more! We are so proud to have one of the best charters company in the Cabo San Lucas.
seattle
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great crew, caught Wahoo in the first hour!”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I chartered a 29' Bertram with El Budster. The boat was very clean, the crew was awesome and friendly, and Mike who organized the trip was organized and delivered everything he prpmised. We caught a 40 lbs. Wahoo within the first hour on the boat, then caught two more Dorado. The crew was always pointing out fish, hammerhead sharks, dolphins, etc. for us to check out during the trip. We had a marlin and hammerhead shark catch on, but they got away... we also caught and released two additional small dorado (which was fun because they have two chairs on board so my husband and I reeled them in at the same time!).

I would definitely suggest this boat if you want to catch fish! We brought our own food and beer to put in their ice chest on board, but Mike had offered to get supplies for us before hand if we wanted. Once off the boat Mike bought us to a place to clean and pack up the fish for us to take home -- full service!

We also got to feed Poncho and Pancha the remaining bait in the harbor on the way back in which is always fun!

Note -- the waves can get big out there so if you get seasick easily, take some meds... we were fine though!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank jacquelineSeattle
cab0fans, Guest Relations Manager at El Budster - Salvador's Sportfishing Charters, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking time to write this great review! It makes us so happy when we have satisfied clients like you. Hope to see you again soon!

Tawas City, Michigan
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“We wanted the big fish!!!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

A local captain from Oscoda, Michigan recommended El Budster. So glad he did!! We asked to find Marlin and we got two!! Had to go out about 25 miles. Many charters wouldn't go out that far that day. The first Marlin was about 150 lbs (that one we kept) and one smaller, we released. Captain Andy and first-mate Ismael worked hard to find the Marlin. We also saw Maco, but passed. A thrilling experience for my husband. Very highly recommended. Thanks to Miguel also!!!

1 Thank Squidney2014
Upper Michigan
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“El Budster”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

I am sorry that the Washington people did not have the experience that they were expecting on the El Budster. We came down on March 1st and are here until March 28th. We had four trips so far with Salvador and Andy on the El Budster. We have hooked and landed 6 marlin, one 14foot thresher shark, 7 rooster fish, 8 sierra, numerous bonita and some other fish that I have no idea what they were. I have been using the boat and crew for over 20 years, I do not ask or get any discounts I just know the boat and the crew and this is as far as I am concerned this is my boat and my crew. I would always recomend the El Budster, some days fishing is just fishing, other days fishing is just catching. See you guys in October for the tournament.

Visited March 2014
cab0fans, Guest Relations Manager at El Budster - Salvador's Sportfishing Charters, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you so much for you kind words about your experiences with the El Budster. We hope to continue to be "your boat" for many years to come!
Ephrata, Washington
“Scammers!”
Reviewed 15 March 2014

$175 per person for an 8 hour boat ride. Captain and bait boy talked to us a total of 3 times in 8 hours, changed the bait one time about pulling it behind the boat for 6 straight hours. He only changed it because a Hammerhead shark took a bite of the one that was on the hook while trying to hook the shark, the lures were 10 feet off the back of the boat all day and we only had 1 line with a hook in the water! Now I'm not an experienced fisherman by any means, but I know that this is not fishing, but a very expensive boat ride. I highly recommend to stay away from these scammers.

Fairmount, Indiana
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Yellow Tail!!!”
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We went on the "Mextime" last week. We caught 12-13 Yellow Tail, 1 Mahi Mahi and a Bonita in the first 1 1/2 hours on board the boat. The crew was very helpful and did a great job finding the fish. Had a great time!!

Then the captain suggested we go for some Marlin. Seas proved to be a bit much for this group of fisher people. The rollers were pretty much swallowing the boat. We were all ready to end our trip, but no one would speak up and say so. After all, we had paid for 8 hours. No one wanted to be the party pooper. We didn't catch a Marlin, but still enjoyed our trip.

We had asked for an all inclusive trip. That included lunch boxes that were stocked full of plentiful food. Too bad they didn't have a cooler for the food. Also included some drinks, fishing licenses and bait.

We saw a couple of whales. One totally breached. Awesome!!!! Lots of dolphin too.

The first mate entertained us on the way back to the marina. He lured in some seagulls and pelicans, for some great photos, with some fish. Also, 2 seal lions hopped up on back of the boat. Tame enough to pet. Petty cool too.

We had enough fish to have dinner and share with the crew. Successful day.

1 Thank jehoward