This was our second visit to Esperanza in two years, and it was as spectacular as ever. From the moment we landed and were picked up in a brand new Escalade to the final day of our four night stay, everything was flawless. On our first trip, we stayed in a beautiful palapa casita; this time, we upgraded to a terrace spa junior suite, right on the beach and steps from the gorgeous pool. One of the best things about Esperanza is the attention to detail. From the frozen fruit treats and foot massages by the pool, to the near instant response to requests from our personal "butler," they did not miss a beat. Every single staff member knew our name, which suite we were in, and what our likes/preferences were.
Breakfast each day was delicious and healthy, with a difference fresh fruit juice and homemade pastries and jams offered in addition to an extensive menu every morning; lunch was always light and easy by the pool or beach; and dinner at Cocina del Mar was terrific and gorgeous. We dined several times in our room at night, on the patio overlooking the sea of Cortez, and I highly recommend it.
We had decided to make this trip a "spa visit," and had three services each at the beautiful and serene spa. Sitting in the tranquil common area afterwards, listening to the waterfall and birds chirping, we had never felt so relaxed. Definitely try the aloe wrap and massage. The gym is perfectly adequate; not huge, but with plenty of cardio options, including spin bikes, and lots of free weights and Cybex machines.
All in all, we are counting the days until our next visit. While very expensive, Esperanza is worth every penny!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, Esperanza is located within the private enclave of Punta Ballena in Cabo San Lucas Mexico. Overlooking the Sea of Cortez, this highly acclaimed luxury resort offers an incomparable natural setting on 17 lushly landscaped acres. Fifty-seven guest casitas and suites cascade down a gentle hill affording spectacular ocean views from every room. Resort amenities include an oceanfront infinity-edge pool, private beach, award-wining spa, yoga studio, fitness center, art gallery and world-class dining—all with spectacular 180-degree vistas of sky and sea, for a perfectly private resort escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Esperanza - An Auberge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperanza - An Auberge Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Esperanza An Auberge
- Esperanza Resort
- Esperanza - An Auberge Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico