We just returned from the fabulous Esperanza and it was everything I thought it would be. The resort sits atop a rocky cliff with breathtaking views of the crashing sea below. The perch from the Cocina del Mar restaurant is probably the best seat in the house. Wow...
Check in was seamless. We were offered a cool drink (either with our without tequila!) and shown immediately to our room. With a beautiful vaulted bamboo ceiling, it was not overly large but lovely nonetheless. There was small deck with a hot tub, but alas, no lounge chairs--just a table with two chairs and a built in sofa. It would have been great to enjoy the afternoon sun on our own deck relaxing on chaises. Oh well. The bathroom was to die for--double sinks, an oversized tub and an amazing open double shower. Ooh la la...
The menu-style breakfast (no buffet) has something for everyone. Don't miss the huevos rancheros and eggs benedict. C'mon, you only live once! Lunch in the Lounge Bar was delicious--sandwiches, salads, fresh fish--in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. While I may have had better meals in my life, the view from dinner at Cocina del Mar made everything taste better...just unreal.
Esperanza is pristine and IMMACULATE. There is not a blade of grass out of place. The hardworking staff is constantly doing something, from weeding, to planting, to painting to polishing the luggage carts. Impressive. Service, too, is top-shelf. Salvador at Cocina, among many others, simply could not do enough for you.
So why the "almost" perfect? The beautiful two-tiered infinity pool is neither well thought-out nor smartly designed. The comfortable lounge chairs are literally ONE ON TOP OF THE OTHER so there is little privacy, quiet or tranquility. There were just two waiters who worked like crazy; it felt understaffed. Because the beach is not swimmable, there are just a few chairs down there (I almost got the feeling they discourage you from sitting there.) If you are looking for a long, walkable, swimmable sandy beach (think Grace Bay, Seven Mile Beach, Maroma Beach or even the Riviera Maya) this is NOT the place for you. I miss that...
The resort exudes a romantic, candlelit vibe, especially at night, so leave the kids at home. The pricing is not for the faint of heart--just ask my husband who enjoyed a $30 poolside Patron margarita. Yikes. That said, some things are worth it and Esperanza just might be one of them! Enjoy...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the tip of the Baja Peninsula, Esperanza is located within the private enclave of Punta Ballena in Cabo San Lucas Mexico. Overlooking the Sea of Cortez, this highly acclaimed luxury resort offers an incomparable natural setting on 17 lushly landscaped acres. Fifty-seven guest casitas and suites cascade down a gentle hill affording spectacular ocean views from every room. Resort amenities include an oceanfront infinity-edge pool, private beach, award-wining spa, yoga studio, fitness center, art gallery and world-class dining—all with spectacular 180-degree vistas of sky and sea, for a perfectly private resort escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Esperanza - An Auberge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esperanza - An Auberge Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Esperanza An Auberge
- Esperanza Resort
- Esperanza - An Auberge Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico