“Incredible views” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
wethog
“Incredible views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

If desiring a quick flight to a beach that's relaxing and beautiful Los Cabos is the place to go. This was our first stay at Esperanza, which met all our expectations. We have stayed at Las Ventanas, One & Only Palmilla, Marquis (now owned by Secrets), and the Westin. They all are lovely, but each are different. If your wanting to take walks on the beach then I would recommend any of the above, except Esperanza. There are cliffs/ rocks on each side of hotel but offer amazing cliff side dinners. The huge crashing waves onto the rocks is breathtaking. Also, you can't get into the ocean here. If you want to swim then One & Only Palmilla is where I recommend. Our room is perfect, hammock on balcony, showers & bathtub that overlook ocean. The service is great. Running is very important to me, and I was super excited to be offered a running concierge!!! The fitness, yoga, and weight room will not disappoint either. All in all it was a great trip, beautiful hotel. But, I must try out Capella Pedregal next visit!

• Stayed August 2014
7 Thank wethog
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Wethog,

Thank you for sharing your great comments from your recent visit to Esperanza. It sounds like you know and love Cabo very much! I’m delighted that you enjoyed great service and loved our rooms as well. Indeed our Running Concierge has been a huge asset to our already popular fitness program at the Spa and I’m thrilled that you enjoyed this enhancement.

We look forward to seeing you again at Esperanza sometime soon.

Marc Rodriguez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Started a long weekend mini-vacation at Esperanza and had an amazing visit for two nights. Checked out to spend a few nights at another property in the area. Upon arriving at the second hotel, I immediately knew I had made a big mistake. I thought I had ruined the remainder of the trip. In a desperate panic, I called the Esperanza and asked if they could possibly allow us to return. Not only did they say yes, the same wonderful concierge swiftly checked us back in and personally escorted us to our amazing accommodations. I was so happy to have our mini-vacation back on its luxurious track. But it gets better. A few moments after we settled in, there was a knock at the door. The hotel had sent up a platter of chips, guacamole, salsa and the best margaritas I've ever had to welcome us back. I was touched at how thoughtful they were. By the way, the hotel is exquisitely beautiful. And the pool is breathtaking. The food is delicious, too! But I have to say I was most impressed by the people who work there. Everyone I encountered seemed genuinely interested in making sure we had an amazing experience.
I love that hotel and cannot wait to go back. They have made a customer for life.

Room Tip: Overlooking the adult pool is an incredible view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tristan M
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Tristan M,

Thank you for sharing your comments from your mini-vacation to Los Cabos. I’m delighted that you were able to experience Esperanza twice in one weekend! I’m thrilled that you enjoyed our in room amenities and delicious food as well. I also agree that our team here is what makes Esperanza so special and this makes us very proud of what we do.

Tristan, thanks again for your feedback. We consider you part of our family and look forward to creating many more wonderful memories for you both over the coming years.

Short Hills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Really a great resort. Personnel are incredibly accommodating. The food was delicious and creative, definitely the opportunity to have gourmet mexican food! Our room was just beautiful with a great ocean view. Poolside lounging relaxing with attendants appearing whenever you required anything. Exercise facilities are great. Enjoyed the spa.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Maureen S
Dear Maureen S,

We appreciated reading your wonderful comments. I’m glad that you and your family had a great stay and were pampered throughout your time with us.

We trust you’ll return again soon in the not too distant future.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I can't wait to return. I don't think I've ever experienced such an amazing level of service. Our personal concierge, Laura Olivares, was available to meet our every need. They made arrangements for our transfers from the airport and we were delighted to be met with waters, snacks, and even phone chargers. The attention to detail is something we just couldn't get over. Laura arranged a fishing charter for us, and when we brought back our catch the chef prepared our fish two different ways (both delicious) and we enjoyed the nicest meal on our balcony. Views from the rooms are all ocean, with waves crashing on the rocks. The service at the pool was more perfection--little smoothie samples, cool towels, a hibiscus popsicle. Besides the meal on our balcony, we had lunch by the pool, the most wonderful breakfasts each morning, and an unforgettable dinner at Cocina del Mar. The general manager, Ulises Ledesma, stopped by our table to see how we were doing, which is always so nice. Everything we tried was absolutely delicious. The hotel is not far from town, but to tell the truth, we hardly wanted to leave. It was just the perfect get-a-way for a romantic, relaxing vacation. We didn't try swimming in the ocean, and I've heard that currents and all in Cabo can be tricky, but for just a spot to watch the waves--you can't beat this resort. I expressed an interest in some of the paintings on site and they were able to email me the catalogue from the artist. Like I said, attention to the smallest details. We've been fortunate to stay in some lovely resorts, but without reservation I can tell you this blew any other away. While expensive, you get your money's worth.

3 Thank txmama03
Dear Txmama03,

Thank you for your lovely review. It was wonderful having you and your husband at Esperanza and to create such a special romantic getaway. Here at Esperanza, we aim to please and it is the attention to detail that ensures a perfect guest experience. It is our wish that you return again very soon! Thank you once again for your wonderful detailed feedback.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

WHEN we go back to Cabo we will stay here and only here. Wife and I went for our anniversary for 5 days and the entire experience at The Esperanza was remarkable. The concierge (Paula) was helpful, toured the property with us upon arrival and was at our beck and call the entire trip. The staff at the pools, restaurants and bars also had 5 star customer service and were always looking to make the vacation that much better for us. Conveniently, they have onsite transportation w/ Suburbans & Escalades (not sketchy taxis) ready for you anytime to go to downtown, etc. One thing that stuck out most to us was the beach cabanas which you DID NOT have to pay for! We've been to Hawaii, Cabo and other beach hotels where they charge you hundreds to use the cabanas on the beach - not here. It's the little things like that where you don't feel nickel and dimed for staying at such a luxury hotel. We must have spend a couple hours a day at these cabanas on the beach and the staff will come down and serve you in the cabanas! The beach is right at the hotel and is sandy. We won't stay anywhere else in Cabo!

Room Tip: Get a room with a tub on the outdoor balcony.
3 Thank WhitecapsBrewCo
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Chris K,

Thank you for posting your wonderful feedback from your anniversary getaway to Esperanza! It sounds like Paula and our pool and restaurant staff ensured you received excellent care throughout your visit.
I’m delighted to hear that you will be staying with us again on your next visit to Cabo. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to giving you another relaxing stay at Esperanza soon!

Alta Loma, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a 4 bedroom villa, eight from the start it was beautiful. The villa was laid out perfectly, 2 nice master suites opening up to a nice balcony. There was a spa, BBQ, lounge chairs and nice large table. The living area and kitchen were beautiful. Then their were 2 other bedrooms and private baths in the rear of the villa. We had our own concierge which helped us before we got there. She was able to provide us with groceries before we arrived. The grounds and pools were emaculent. Service was great, everyone was accommodating. I would go to the gym every morning which was very nice and well appointed. We went out to dinner 1 night at the Palapa, it was buffet. Although very nice setting with 2minutes of fireworks the food was bland. We got our bill and for a party if 6 it was 700$ I had read reviews before and had been warned about the food but ate there anyways. The food at the swim up bars were much better. The other concern was the shuttle service. We were told that it would cost $120.00. When another member of our group arrived earlier, he too was picked up and asked how much the charge was, he was told $50.00. We then took a shuttle from the villa to Chillano beach (which is close by) and charged $55.00. When we asked our concierge about the fare, she stated it should of only cost $20-$25. She assured us that she would check into this for us. during that time we were talking to our concierge we inquired about a car rental, the rates at the hotel were expensive so we told her we would look elsewhere. Upon check out, we told them that we did not need the shuttle service, they told us we still had to pay $120 as we didn't cancel 24 hours prior. We explained that we did not know that we had to cancel 24 hrs and he just said "we'll that's the way it is" I told him that that was not fair, no one explained that to us, and if that were true then our concierge had the opportunity to tell us about this when we inquired about the car rental. He then called our concierge and she said to take it off after he explained what we just told him.
Don't get me wrong, the resort is beautiful, service is great, but these are things you should be aware of. Always ask how much the shuttle service is and know who your shuttle driver is. I didn't think that I had to be worried about different prices if the service, until this happened to me.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SteveLalaE
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 25 March 2015
Dear SteveLalaE,
Thank you for sharing your candid review on Trip Advisor. I’m glad to hear that overall you had a relaxing visit and great service throughout your stay.

I do apologize for the confusion regarding your transportation services. This should not have happened and I am sorry that our staff did not organize in the appropriate manner.
We hope you will all be able to return again soon! Our entire Esperanza team would love to have the opportunity to offer an even greater stay than your last visit!

Cabo San Lucas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This trip couldn't have been more relaxing, romantic and magical! The entire staff made our stay beyond wonderful & the setting speaks for itself with rolling waves and enchanting grounds - STUNNING!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Christie H
Esperanza_Manager, General Manager at Esperanza - An Auberge Resort, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Christie H,

Thank you for sharing your great comments. I am thrilled to hear that your Esperanza stay was fabulous and our entire staff went above and beyond to ensure a perfect visit.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!