“Perfect place for honneymooners”

Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection
Ranked #3 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 13 October 2009

I got married and went to Los Cabos.
It's fair at all. The place is beautiful and moreover I guess it´s the best hotel in the region.
We were in doubt between Esperanza and One and Only Palmilla, which we also went to visit, but the Esperanza is better.
Perfect. Beautiful place and unsurpassed.
Excellent service. All employees in good spirits and very cut. They surprise us in small things, and that´s what makes all the differences...
The apartments are beautiful, huge beds, all overlooking the private beach. Was the perfect honeymoon and it seems that we still more flattered....
Great spa, jacuzzi on the balcony, infinity pool.

2  Thank fsantos1412
Write a ReviewReviews (1,255)

Reviewed 12 October 2009

There is a certain air of indulgence, Mexican charm and relaxed style at Esperanza Resort.
From the moment you walk through the outdoor lobby area, your breath is taken away by the stunning scenery and resort design.

Perched on top of a cliff, the restaurants cascade into the Pacific Ocean and you cannot beat the views from the pools. We particularly loved the adults only infinity pool. Complementary bottled water and a lovely cocktail & lunch menu make this area a magnetic place to settle around during the day.

Our private balcony jacuzzi was a real highlight!!

My partner and I also loved the special Tequila Master Class hosted by Jose - great tequila recommendations and a fun and memorable experience.
A special thanks to our lovely concierge Paula - your friendly, professional and nothing-is-too-much-trouble attitude made our stay at Esperanza a real pleasure.

We will be back. If you are visiting the Cabo region and want something special, stay at Esperanza.

3  Thank sjf84Sydney
Reviewed 25 September 2009

We visited Esperanza Resort on a few occasions & always find the property & ambience to be lovely. However, since day one when it opened until now, we have yet to have a good meal there. This was magnified the other day when we had lunch. There were only 2 others diners, yet there was some sort of a problem which prompted them to serve us tortilla chips & salsa while we waited. No problem since we weren't in a big rush & felt this was a nice gesture.

I ordered a lobster sandwich for the whopping sum of $25.00USD & even asked the waiter if it had a lot of lobster which he confirmed. It was perhaps the worst sandwich I have had in my life. 2 very thick pieces of orange brioche toast with miniscule pieces of lobster, smothered in cilantro & wilted lettuce. I picked the tiny pieces out, at half the bread & swore I would never return. My husband had fish tacos which were also smothered in cilantro & wilted lettuce. At least, his was edible after he cleared off & found the fish. The even added in 15% gratuity which brough the total bill to $75.00! We actually laughed saying this was the most expensive tortillas chips & salsa we ever had in our lives.

Do not eat at this restaurant unless you are forced to because you are staying there. We have tried it on several occasions & it just isn't good. We travel all over the world & use Esperanza as an example of bad food!

6  Thank RSFLucy
Reviewed 17 August 2009

Excellent service!! Staff was very friendly and attentive! Please note: Drink and food at the resort is expensive, $15 for mixed drink, $30-$40 for dinner mains. Did a lot of cooking to save money, which was fine by me!!

Amazing views and a wonderful time. Would definitely recommend this place (but not for budget travelers)

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2009

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon and could not have been more pleased with it! Upon arrival, there was no check-in, but we were immediately shown to our casita by our fantastic concierge, Narciso. We loved the welcome margaritas that were prepared in our room, along with chips, salsa, and guacamole, then an hour later we also received celebratory champagne! Our casita was so cute, and we especially loved the big dual shower and the jacuzzi on our balcony. The grounds were just gorgeous, and we loved the adults-only infinity pools and spa.

I loved having our own private concierge. Our excursions and dinner reservations were handled by Narciso, and he was kind enough to take several pictures for us as well. He was available at the drop of a hat, and really took care of us.

Something that is not really that big a deal but just a nice change- they do not charge for the waters and sodas in the mini-bar. Bottled water is also complimentary by the pool. You don't even have to ask for it. After getting nickel-and-dimed at other upscale Cabo resorts, this was such a breath of fresh air.

After spending a wonderful 5 days with family and friends at our wedding, this was the perfect place to just relax and take it all in.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank p-nut0808
Reviewed 13 August 2009

We went to Esperanza to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. I spent a lot of time researching which luxury hotel to stay in and I was thrilled we ended up where we did. I would never stay anywhere else in Cabo after this trip. The room was wonderful, the grounds were breathtaking and the food was fabulous. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about the resort and the service....

I am not sure I have much to offer in terms of "new" information from what other posters have said, so let me just give you all a few little tidbits we learned throughout our stay. First, even if it is not on the menu, if they have it, they will make it for you. Every day by the pool, my husband and I would order chicken quesadillas or guacamole and chips to share (both outstanding) and neither of these were on the menu. However, they were happy to oblige and it was the perfect snack to get us between our leisurely breakfast and dinner.

Also, we had the free breakfast with our package. My goodness, this was amazing! You could pretty much order whatever you wanted on the menu and there was no charge whatsoever. We would start with a pastry basket and then order 2 breakfast entrees and a side of berries and.... no charge. It was exceptional and, again, they would pretty much make you whatever you want -- one day I was just craving chocolate chip pancakes and they were happy to just make them even though they were not on the menu. We always left a nice tip because I was so blown away by how awesome this was.

The only "downside" of our trip (if you could even call it was that) was just my general feeling about Cabo. Since you cannot play in the water by the beach, it just makes for a long day just sitting by the pool. We spent our honeymoon in Turks & Caicos (Seven Stars Resort) and I liked that we could spend half our day at the pool and half at the beach. This trip, I got a little tired sitting by the pool all day. But, of course, that has absolutely nothing to do with the amazing resort.

As for restaurants, we loved Mi Casa he most and Edith's. FYI -- The Office is the EXACT same restaurant as Edith's so there is no point of hitting both. I wish someone had told me that... Mi Casa was a little more casual and "fun," so definitely check that out :)

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liebchen
Reviewed 14 July 2009

My husband and I got married and then honeymooned here after reading all the positive reviews on TripAdvisor. Yes, the grounds are beautiful and the service was good, but THEY HAVE TRIED TO STEAL NEARLY $10,000 from us. When we got the bill the night before checkout,, they had included hundreds of dollars worth of items that were supposed to be included in our package (perhaps hoping we wouldn't notice). Additionally, they tried charging us $100 more PER NIGHT than our contract stated and wouldn't reduce the charges even after we showed them IN WRITING our confirmation with the promised room rate. To top things off, when when we added up the checkout bill, even with all the charges that should not have been there, it didn't add up, and shocker, they had overcharged by several hundreds of dollars there, too. The REAL KICKER is that as soon as we got home my husband disputed the charges on his credit card, and the Esperanza then decided to charge his card AGAIN for $7,000! I would never stay here ever again and hope that anyone who does stay here will check their bill with a fine tooth comb and then check your credit card bill when you get home.

Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
16  Thank MrsGE
BajaSantaMonica, Reservations Manager at Esperanza - Auberge Resorts Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2009

On April 14, 2009 this guest booked reservations with a honeymoon package . He later elected to have his wedding at
resort and was presented a contract which stated all of the charges this guest is complaining about that he agreed to
and signed. After sometime, the guest extended his stay which resulted in additional nightly room charges. Our entire
staff went to great extremes to make this wedding/honeymoon a very special event. We continually, through verbal explanations and written correspondence, confirmed all the details with him regarding the charges before he arrived for his wedding and honeymoon. When he returned, through his credit card company, he disputed the charges . We responded to the dispute showing the amounts he had agreed to and the charges that the Resort charged him based on his stay and incidentals, F & B etc and the amounts were correct. There was, in fact, no difference between what was expensed and what was charged to this guest. The credit card company has declined the dispute.