“Missed opportunity”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I would have liked to write a rave review, but after checking online that Koi would be open for lunch, we found ourselves standing outside a locked door for 20 minutes. Despite the 12:00 opening time posted on the door (and online), neighboring food vendors told us that Koi was often not ready to serve guests until 12:30. We'd have been willing to hang out and have beer for half an hour if they were doing prep work. But by 12:20, we were still waiting outside (in the heat) and could see no activity inside at all. So our party of four took a taxi back to town to try our luck in the marina. That's down $20 without a single bite of food, Koi. Not a great way to run a business.

1  Thank Virginia S
There are newer reviews for Koi Sushi

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This place is tucked into a strip mall next to Walmart and Sam's Club. Very friendly service and fresh, tasty sushi. We ordered the combination plate which included teriyaki, sushi, and tempera vegetables. It was a great value given the quality of the ingredients.

1  Thank WillaRosen
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This place may be one of the best sushi places I've ever tried! The flavors they put in their sauces that go over their sushi rolls and the fresh fish is simply amazing! So Delicious! We let the chefs decide and every plate they brought out was delicious! Our first plate was just strips of fish with some type of sauce, and the rest were rolls. All of the plates had some type of sauce that went over the fish, so some may not consider it to be "true" sushi - but the flavors were fantastic! I thought it was interesting that they didn't really use seaweed in their rolls - they used the fish to wrap most of them. I highly recommend this place! My mouth waters every time I think about this place! The staff was attentive and nice also. The prices are also decent, definitely well worth it!

1  Thank MishiMish23
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Used the be a revolutionary concept. Relatively cheap quality rolls.

I used to be the biggest fan. Then I noticed how their quality decreased. They did not invest in renovations. And most importantly they lacked variety in their rolls. Simply selling supposedly different rolls which had minimal variations.

Their fish used is also very limited:
Only: tuna, salmon, shrimp and sometimes octopus and scallops.

I still like to go. But I had to give it lower stars to balance its rating.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Tucked in behind Walmart of all places you will find Koi. A tiny little sushi bar with about 5 tables inside and several more in the food court area outside. Excellent sushi. I love sushi, I eat sushi often. This place is great everytime! They have very unique choices. They are always happy and seem to love what they do. If you like sushi...do not let the proximity to Walmart scare you away.

1  Thank KMM043