Cabo Villas Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Breakfast included
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Medano Hotel and Suites(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Pueblo Bonito Rose(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Club Cascadas de Baja(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Cabo Inn Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
1,154 results
All reviewsbaja cantinabaja brewing companybayview suitesswing barnew towerpool grillmango deckhot tub on the balconybeach staffcan't beat the locationminute walk to the marinaocean frontwater activitiesspring breakbeach chairsfull kitchenadult pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2011

We just returned from a 5-day stay at Cabo Villas and thought it was absolutely wonderful. We certainly lucked out and got one of the upgraded rooms with 180 degree ocean view, 1-bedroom suite with kitchenette & 2 bathrooms. It had a hot tub on the balcony and the bathroom also had a bathtub & stand up shower. The views were spectacular, you're walking distance from a ton of great restaurants and bars (like the Office) and downtown Cabo is walkable - even in heals. We had a group of 15 people - lots of the rooms were nice and upgraded, the staff was nice.

2 downsides: (1) They charge daily for wireless, around $25/day which I think is ridiculous and (2) They definitely give you a hard sell on the time-shares but if you are nice, and politely decline, you easily get past that - and then enjoy your stay! It's worth it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank AS520
Reviewed 19 June 2011

From the leaky ceilings to the cracked sink, the whole place is falling apart. Housekeeping only comes at their own convenience and, the Cabo Villas sales people follow you around trying to convince you to buy a time share there your whole stay.
That being said, Gus, Luis and Martin were the friendliest and most professional bar tenders and servers I have met. Never was my glass empty nor their faces without a smile.
I will never stay here again but, next time I'm on Medano Beach, I will walk up and get a drink.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TheIdolOfMillions
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I have been going to Cabo for at least 20 years but have never stayed in town. Normally, I stay in the "corridor" at one of the secluded resorts and had a great time.

Staying at Cabo Villas Beach Resort was incredible!! Walking distance to great restaurants, bars, shopping, and attractions.

Here are the details:

Booked a great deal on their own website. A promo code got me a discount for a 1 bedroom executive. We arrived at SJD airport and had already arranged a private charter to the resort ($90). Much easier than a taxi or shared shuttle service. Just walked right through all the timeshare sales people and smiled at them...

A 40 minute ride to the resort and I was checked in immediately. They asked me ONCE if I wanted to take advantage of their timeshare offer. I said no and didn't get asked once again in 5 days. I don't understand why people say they were "harrassed". Just say no thank you and smile.

The room was huge. It was a 1 bedroom condo with a full kitchen, beautiful decor, mini bar and a huge balcony with a jacuzzi and view of the Sea of Cortez. Great bed and shower. The air conditioning was ice cold. We didn't want to leave.

The resort sits right on Playa Medano which is the only swimmable beach in Cabo. We spent day 1 at the pool and received great service from Carlos. Food and drinks came quickly and were great. Normally there was some sort of happy hour deal that helped save a little money. Otherwise, it can get a little pricey.

The next few days we enjoyed the Baja Cantina Beach Club. Much more lively and right in the sand on the beach. There were lots of vendors approaching the beach club area. We bought a few trinkets and the waved them away. Not a big deal at all. Some Tripadvisor reviewers need to learn how to relax!!! Lounge chairs were avaialble most of the day or the servers would try to get soemthing set up for you to enjoy.

Being able to walk to the Office, Mango Deck or any on the marina restaurants and clubs was awesome. Normally I would need to plan ahead for $40 taxis when in Cabo.

Wifi was available at a charge or you could take the timeshare tour and get it for free. I wasn't going to work anyway so not a problem.

Every employee would say hola as we passed and they were all so friendly. I can't wait to go back. A taxi to the airport was $65. I didn't want to leave!!!

Bottom line: It's not the Ritz Carlton, but it doesn't pretent to be one. Food, drinks and service were perfect. Location can't be beat.

I'm going back next month!!!!!

Room Tip: Splurge for the Executive room big balcony and spa
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
13  Thank NoWorriesGuy
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I came down here with 12 of my family members for a small vacation. We had never been and we all had been counting down the days to Cabo. We had been recommended to this place through a friend. Got a great deal and a amazing room on the 6th floor of the bayview suites. You could not ask for better view than what we had. I had read the up and down reviews about this place so i prepared myself for an onslought of timeshare approaches. We had only been asked once about a "TOUR" aka presentation, and we said yes for the next morning. After a fun night we called and cancelled the aka Tour. Never again had we been approached on it and got amazing service through out the week stay. We would always walk around the corner to a hidden gem called "Sharky's". Best snapper we had ever had, and the drinks were hand made by the owner Don Julio Margaritas in a 32-44oz cup for $10. I though was a steal b/c you could get any mixed top shelp drink that big for that price. Trust me 1 was a great happy feeling and 2 was I'm ready to freaking party Cabo feeling. The beach location was amazing and the towel service they had was easy. Dont understand why other people had problems. When you do go on the beach try and sit 2nd row as the vendors will be in your face all day. But thats all over the beach, but at least they have the property roped off so they really can't get in your face like other places. This place is a hustle town no doubt. Talk to the people and hustle back! the vendors and excursion people. They are surprised that you call them out and lower the rate. But they do lower it trust me. Lovers beach is a must. We talked the guy down to $8 a person round trip. Dont settle for this $20 crap. Just stand your ground and relax. If you want a timeshare go and listen and buy. If you are looking for savings i suggest learn spanish and talk to them to bring prices down. I would for sure come back here anytime as I greatly enjoyed this place with out all of this hassle like people say.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
12  Thank Txguy210
Reviewed 1 June 2011

I went to this resort via a friend who had bought her. I reserved through the deal on the webstie. Which is not a bad deal. The place is decent but far from nice or luxurious. The location is good and the beach is nice. But this place is all about timeshares and will do anything to get you to buy one. Nothing they say is true this is the worst case of bait and switch I have ever seen. My friend that bought her has had nothing but trouble getting them to follow through on what they promised. If you go, using the presentation deal on the website DO NOT BUY! Just go and sit through the presentation and take advantage of the deal.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple