“Just returned from our 7th stay at Cabo Villas Beach Resort. As always, we had a great time.”

Cabo Villas Beach Resort
Ranked #37 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Cabo Villas... we have stayed here at least 8 full weeks over the past 7years.
It is not a massive complex like many of the resorts in the Los Cabos area, but it offers a fantastic location on the Medona Beach where you can safely swim in the Sea of Cortez (no swimming at most resorts) great views of Lands End and access to every water activity imaginable. You are within 2 blocks walk to the marina with all the restaurants, mall shopping and close to the night life. Most resorts require costly taxi rides to get to & from town. The service is outstanding by a staff that consists of many people who have worked here for years and feel like family. The rooms are decorated in a contemporary Mexican design with kitchens and most importantly... very comfortable beds! Three pools with sevaral bars & restaurants. Can't say enough good things about it... try it!

Room Tip: I recommend any room but a few that are on the first level which is slightly below ground.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Timba19343

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

The entire Cabo Villas Beach Resort staff especially: Polo at the Baja Cantina Beach grill, as well as Gabriel Miranda, Serena who takes care of customer services, Miriam who greets you at the greeters desk upon checkin, Mosses who runs reservations and of course our great friend Richard who runs member sales always make sure we have the greatest experience! We have been staying down there for over eight years and want to go back even more.

Room Tip: Rooms 605 and 606, executive lock off is fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NinerJeff
Fort saint John BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

My wife and I have had nothing but awesome times at Cabo Villas beach resort. The first time we went , my folks offered their time share to us so with hesitation we said sure, we had previously went to Mazatlan and it was super sketchy. After going to Cabo, we don't think there's any need to check out any other spot in Mexico. We found that the location of Cabo Villas awesome and super convenient as far as being where the action is! The Harbour is stunning and the local people are all about keeping things very well kept. If your a person with integrity and your a good person, then you'll probly enjoy yourself. If your the type of person with a big head and think that the world owes you everything...then yer just a dick!
So now this last trip to Cabo was amazing again. We just planned on meeting our friends that we had met last time from the States, this trip was all about R&R! Rest and relaxing... And it sure was. The staff at Cabo Villas are great and are there for you and to give you a hand if you need it. Quick story: I had a few to many piña coladas and slipped getting into one of three pools! I guess it didn't help that there was a swim up bar but hey....so I banged up my knee and just shook it off, so a few hours later my wife went to the office and talked to Norma to get a bandaid. Well within an honest two minutes there was two first aid attendance at our deck and did a full hazard report and cleaned me up real good! I was very impressed at this and am thankful for them guys. There are many people at the resort that I'd love to thank and give recognition but all in all....I'm sure you'll love it there if you give it a chance!
May 12/2012

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Shawn H
Central Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel was reserved through Expedia. Our basic room was very neat and clean, and well tended daily. We are not time share people, and did not sit for the condo "talk" & upgrade. Therefore, views from our room on the back side of the hotel included a postage-stamp-sized view of the ocean on one side, the back side of other hotels, and a vacant building across the street. Since all our spare time was spent on the beach, room location was not a priority. We counted 82 steps from the beach to the level of our room, but those steps were interrupted at various levels so it was not burdensome for us retirees. Food and beverages on the premises were wonderful, with plenty of options. The Marina was a 10-minute walk away, and provided plenty of excellent restaurant options. Credit cards were welcomed everywhere, so there was no need to change to Mexican $$.

Room Tip: I'm not sure non-condo owners have a serious "choice" for one of the better rooms, if...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bosanchubo
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

My Sister and I own a timeshare in Cabo but only have it every other year. Since we used our timeshare in June, 2011 and wanted to go again in October we needed to find a place that was inexpensive and close to Medano Beach and Downtown Cabo. We stayed at Cabo Villas on Medano Beach and a 5 minute walk to the Marina and Downtown. The hotel is very clean, very fun and the staff is very helpful and friendly. We do not have our timeshare this year so again we are going to be staying at Cabo Villas. Can't wait to get there. I highly recommend this hotel if you are a first-time visitor, you will be close to everything.

Room Tip: We had a very small room in the old part of the hotel which did not have a balcony or a good view...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank Lulu0958
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

My girlfriends and I stayed here. WOW!!!! we loved it. Moses and all the front desk staff were great. They asked us if we wanted to upgrade(yes we did listen to the sales time share-so what 45 mins great view room! good for them doing there job and we got the upgrade) Thanks!
Freddy in the Bar above the pool was awesome! We had so much fun. The staff was awesome from housekeeping to the bellman to the front desk...They helped me with my phone which stupid verizion had said would work when I went into them. They switched my global un beknown to me UGH.. I cant wait to go back and will try for the same room.
Thank You to all there for making me feel welcome and more then safe and comfortable..
Hugs Natalya

Room Tip: rooms higher up are awesome with views facing the beach. Ask as they do try to accommodate you. The...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Natalya37
Temecula, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We are timeshare owners at Cabo Villas Beach Resort. We have been coming for years and although we were just as happy with service and the employees here as always...I have to say, the quality of our room and standards of the hotel have changed.

We had several issues with our room this year. BOTH of our toilets broke within the week and our hot tub took 3 phone calls and 4 different repairmen to fix. The couches and cushions are showing wear in the units and the housekeeping is not what it has been in years past despite leaving a generous tip for our housekeeper each day. My feet were constantly dirty from the floors...to the point I literally mopped with a towel myself one night to get it clean inside and on our patio. That is really not acceptable to us as owners.

I will say the food service employees and location are what makes this place a gem and why we will probably return and not trade to another resort. Roberto by the pool is like family to us. We all love him and appreciate so much his great service. The food by the pool is always consistently good. Moses at the front desk is wonderful. Victor and Freddy at Baja Cantina Beach provide IMPECCABLE service and the fod is so delicious. Such an asset to Cabo Villas they are.

All in all, we had a wonderful week and if you read my past reviews, you will see we rarely complain. This trip was sad for us to see how the room standards had gone down hill..we even paid a higher maintenance fee this year supposedly to fix problems like this...but yet, that did not happen in our unit.

Again...the employees are what makes this place what it is.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family