I read ALL 400+ TA reviews and various forum posts about Cabo Villas. Some were encouraging and some were alarming. But we were booked here through our vacation club so we trusted them. We were not disappointed at all.
We arrived at 10:30 PM, so there was no line. Norma did a great job checking us in and greeting us with cool margaritas. She invited us to the timeshare presentation, but was not pushy at all. We declined (politely) and that was the last we heard about it all week. We were in our room within 15 min. of checking in.
I was concerned about where we'd be placed for the week. We were originally scheduled for a 1 BR Deluxe with a pool view (Room 202). This would have been fine. What we got was a Studio Suite (Room 306) with a partial kitchen and living room with a full view of the ocean. LUCKY US! The room was very clean, nicely decorated, and very modern. This is in the older building, so the bathroom still has the Mexican Villa theme. Still, very modern. All the appliances worked. The A/C was perfect. The 2 remote-controlled ceiling fans were a nice touch as well. The furniture was new and the bedding was VERY comfortable.
There are 3 pools at Cabo Villas. All are very clean and refreshing. The ocean was a bit cold (although beautiful) on certain days, so the pool was a great alternative for swimming. In late afternoon, there tend to be a lot of children in the pool. So, just go to the lap pool, which is adult-only. The infinity pool is beautiful.
The food was OK at the Baja Brewery. Nothing that you cant get at a similar spot in the US. Baja Cantina (on the beach) was GREAT. Victor served us most days and he was amazing. We liked it so much that we ate or drank there almost every day. The $8-2x1 drinks are a plus and included beer, margaritas, pina coladas, and a couple of other cocktails. The beach chairs (beds) are plush and always available. No real need to get there early. There are plenty. The Wednesday night Fiesta is great entertainment. The menu is very good and the setting is the perfect location...right on Medano Beach.
The staff is TOP KNOTCH. Enough said.
They take pride in this resort. Although it is not as grand as Casa Dorado (next door) or the Hacienda Del Mar (next door), Cabo Villas is very nice and clean. Think South Beach in Miami. It has an art deco feel infused with Mexican tradition.
Overall our stay was amazing. This was the best vacation we have ever taken to date. We will return and recommend CV to our friends and families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is a luxury hotel situated on Medano Beach, the most popular stretch of sand in Cabo San Lucas. Cabo Villas is a family owned resort with 142 custom built suites and spectacular views of the Sea of Cortez and Land's End. Amenities include fully equipped kitchens, wireless Internet in all areas, satellite TV, three pools, 10-person ocean view Jacuzzi, oceanfront beach club, four on-site restaurants and bars, a world-class spa and personalized service in a relaxed atmosphere. Located in the "Heart of Cabo", the resort is within easy walking distance to all major attractions including Medano Beach, the marina, Puerto Paraiso Mall, downtown and numerous restaurants and night clubs. With stunning views of the Sea of Cortez, Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa is the perfect place for travelers who seek quality service while enjoying the best of the Cabo San Lucas lifestyle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Cabo Villas Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cabo Villas Beach Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Cabo Hotel Beach
- Cabo Villas Beach Resort Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos, Mexico