Cabo Villas Beach Resort
US$1,428
US$1,113
Official Website
Casa Dorada Los Cabos Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$569
US$541
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$150
  • Pool
Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
US$151
  • Pool
Grand Solmar Land's End Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$581
US$568
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$626
US$176
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$167
  • Breakfast included
The Ridge at Playa Grande(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$323
  • Pool
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$330
US$320
  • Beachfront
Hacienda del Mar Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$271
1,154 results
All reviewsbaja cantinabaja brewing companybayview suitesswing barnew towerpool grillmango deckhot tub on the balconybeach staffcan't beat the locationminute walk to the marinaocean frontwater activitiesspring breakbeach chairsfull kitchenadult pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2013

My husband and I have stayed at Cabo Villas on several occasions, usually during the Bisbee Fishing Tournament in October. The location of this resort is second to none as far as location and amenities. We recommend staying in their newest building, called the Bayview Suites. With two full bedrooms, each with a private bath, it's nice to have guests come along without losing any privacy. Besides the large kitchen, there is also an outdoor bar with seating for six on the large private deck, as well as a large Jacuzzi. The view looks over two of the pools and out to the bay where the sunsets are fantastic!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LLP1803
CaboVillas, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Villas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear LLP1803,

We are happy you love our location in the "Heart of Cabo". Medano Beach, the marina, downtown, numerous restaurants and nightclubs are within minutes of the resort.

Thank you also for your compliments about your unit in the Bayview Suites. And you are right; the views of Land's End and the bay are awesome!

Thanks again, hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed at Cabo Villas for 8 days. First, we stayed in the 2 BD suite. It had a great view and had modern amenities.
Unfortunately, my reservation was for 1 night and we had to move to a 1 BD unit that we got as a timeshare exchange. The fist unit, as they call it 1BD Deluxe, was in the old building. We were 4 adults and the unit didn't have a separate bed room which was inconvenient for us. The unit was very outdated. The manager offered us the 1BD Executive Suite for additional $40 a night+ taxes (unit #605). What a difference! A separate bedroom with a huge living room. The pull-out king size sofa was very comfortable too. This unit has a direct bay view from the bedroom with a panoramic window. The same view is from the balcony! Be cautious on the balcony: it has very low railing!
The staff was very helpful and very friendly, and not only because they expect your tips. They want to make your stay as enjoyable as possible.
I want to thank everyone, from the room cleaning ladies who cleaned the rooms every day to the barmen and servers, who made great cocktails and delivered great food to us.
By the way, the food was very delicious too.
We also had to go to their presentation and there was not much pressure. As everywhere else, they want you to spend your money but it is up to you to say "no". And as they promised, after a 90-minute presentation, we received a very discounted Sunset dinner cruise for 4 people and a VIP card that we used every day for food and drink discounts.
The location is amazing! The resort has a direct access to the beach and it is only a 10-minute from the marina.
The main pool is heated but unfortunately it becomes shaded in the afternoon, so if you want sun tanning, go to the beach.
The only bad thing about the resort is WiFi, it it very inconsistent and doesn't always work in the rooms. (Ask for a $5 for a week price at check in).

Room Tip: Ask for a 1BD Executive Suite with a ocean front. Ask for a $5 for a week WiFi price at check in.

Dear DIZOR,

We are happy to hear you enjoyed the views from your unit, as well as the condition of the unit.

We will be sure to pass on your gracious praise to our staff. They take pride in providing a "home away from home" atmosphere.

We apologize for the WiFi signal. The resort is in the process of upgrading our communications package.

And finally, we love to hear you enjoyed our location in the "Heart of Cabo". As you mentioned, the beach, marina, downtown and nightlife are just minutes from your doorstep.

Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Our family of 4 rented Cabo Villas suite 3110/3111 through a rental agent and would highly recommend this suite. The suite had 2 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms, living room with sofa bed, kitchen, with a large deck with hot tub. At Cabo Villas, the suites differ in layout, but are all nice, clean and comfortable. Room location in this resort matters if views are important to you. The ocean views from the large corner deck are great and the caliber of the suite was fantastic. Although the location is above an active beach and restaurant area, noise was not a problem. Other suites are nice, but some may not have views or have views of walls.

The resort has a couple of pool bars, the food is not very good at the hotel bars and service is slow but it is not of importance, because just below the hotel is the Baja Cantina with great food and service, the Office, Mango Deck and other great places to go. The resort has three small uncrowded pools with plenty of lounge chairs. Beach lounge chairs are great, but are reserved through the Baja Cantina with waiter service. We enjoyed sitting in Victor's section everyday and he took good care of us.

The kitchens in the suites are nice and well stocked with supplies. TVs in the rooms have limited channels, but if you want to watch football, the bars downstairs have direct TV and get any game you want.

We enjoy all of the activity of this convenient location on Medano Beach and all of the great restaurants nearby. We stayed previously at Pueblo Bonito Rose and favored Cabo Villas for the quality of rooms and more relaxed atmosphere. We also found that the timeshare sales pitch was virtually nil compared to our experience at the Pueblo Bonito.

If renting, it is likely that this resort can be rented for a lower cost and better room choice through a rental company re-listing time shares than through the resort's web site or on Expedia.

1  Thank LosGatosBruceH
CaboVillas, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Villas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear LosGatosBrueceH,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa. We appreciate you taking the time to provide a detailed review.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location in the "Heart of Cabo." Great activities, as well as access to the beach, marina and downtown is within easy walking distance of Cabo Villas.

We will be sure to pass on your praise to our Housekeeping staff. They take great pride in preparing every unit for our members and guests.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

Family &i stayed here for a week Dec 14-21. I ditto what others say about time share pressure. My daughter has a time share already, thus the reason we were @ Cabo Villa so most of the pressure was on her to switch. My husband and I are hard sells and it is obvious when we are not interested. We went for the discounts ( small as they were).
I don't know what can be done about all the hazardous steps & still have the semi beach feel but I did see an elderly gentleman fall from the dining area & scrap up his arm.
We had adjoining rooms below the pool which others refer to as the dungeon. I agree...no view. I believe they give the least desirable rooms to timeshare swappers.
The beach access was great. All employees I encountered were very nice and helpful. I can't say the managers in office were that great. They did not know anything about a farewell party that had signs posted in every elevator. The party did not happen.
The rooms are built for design not function. You need a ladder to reach the dishes...a step stool doesn't do the job.
Hot water was very limited. The kitchen sink never had hot water. The shower was sporadic.
I haven't been to other resorts in Cabo but hopefully all don't have all the same problems.
I would stay there again if I get a better located room.
You can walk to the marina....you will have an uphill walk on the way back though.

Room Tip: I would avoid the below the pool rooms.
1  Thank Vivian60750

Dear Vivian60750,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa. The resort values feedback – both positive and critical – to assist us in our efforts of providing an enjoyable stay.

We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location in the "Heart of Cabo", and our staff made you feel at home. Access to the beach, marina and downtown restaurants and nigh clubs is just minutes away.

The resort does invite guests to a presentation tour, and current members to an update tour. This allows us the opportunity to share the membership benefits of Cabo Villas. Guests and members can decline the invitation at any time.

Due to the layout of the property, and the slant of the hill towards the beach, the resort does have stairs to access the different levels. Ramps are also available in the event the guest prefers not to take the steps.

Members and guests are able to make reservation one year in advance. We recommend making reservations as far in advance as possible.

We apologize for the water temperature during your stay. Our records indicate we encountered issues with one of our water pumps, which affected some of the units.

Thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to post your comments.

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

I recently visited Cabo Villas for 8 days over the Thanksgiving holiday. Although there was absolutely nothing spectacular about the rooms or the property, I do need to take moment to rave about the staff. I’ve stayed at many different resorts in Cabo and never once have I received the impeccable service that I did here during my visit. The staff was absolutely wonderful from our check in with Gloria, to our check out every employee took the time to make our visit pleasurable and relaxing.

Felix, Braulio and Javi at Baja Beach Cantina greeted me by name every day for our entire stay and truly made our experience by far the best out of all of our previous visits. Not only is their customer service outstanding the food and drinks were always delicious! Every day I would come down to the cantina and they would have our favorite seats saved for us! It didn’t matter if every lounger was full and they were clearly busy EVERY encounter was always friendly and each them were very attentive, accommodating, courteous and thankful!

I also need to mention Willy who you may sometimes find in Marina at their booth by the wine bar or in the activity office attached to the Villa’s, he is such a pleasure to work with. I set up a time share presentation through him as well as purchased activities. From start to finish it was absolutely EVERYTHING he said and promised. I enjoyed working with him and he too is such a blessing to Cabo Villa’s. With so many options to choose from down there for presentations or to buy activities, I know Willy’s got my vote and my business. He gives me a sense of relief knowing I can always go to him for any need and know I'll be satisfied and well taken care of!

As I come to my closure here I think the bottom line is Cabo Villas you are lucky to have these four wonderful gentlemen working for you! When I return in April I can guarantee I will be back at Baja beach Cantina sipping Miami Vices and buying my activities from Willy! If it wasn’t for the staff here, Cabo Villa’s property leaves much to be desired!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Dear qthart17,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay and the staff family at Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa.

"Familia Cabo Villas" takes pride in providing our members and guests a "home away from home" atmosphere. The fact that you remember the staff individuals names is very impressive and appreciated. We will pass along your praise.

Thanks again, we look forward to serving you again in April.