“Relaxing and enjoyable”

Ranked #40 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Houston, Texas
“Relaxing and enjoyable”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We go to Villa del Arco for about 6 year now. We enjoy the great service and the extremely friendly personal at the Hotel. The Spa e de BEST. The hotel is relatively close to downtown Cabo but we normally only got her for diner one night.

Room Tip: Mostly all the toons have great view of the ocean, so I can almost say that there is no bad room. It...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Vacation3939
CaboVillas, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Villas Beach Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Vacation3939,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us in Cabo San Lucas.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Buena Park, California
Reviewed 3 July 2014

It's my first time in Cabo San Lucas..I researched a place near the beach,with views of the water if possible..it's only 2 hrs from LA so that's a plus...I was with my sister who is in her late 70s & uses a cane..the resort is beautiful with a great location..I didn't realize its a time share till we got there..we were there for 4 nights from Wed to Sat..after checking in & going to our 2 BR suite with amazing views I went back to the lobby to pick up a bag that we left behind.I was then told to sign a paper that I was to move to a different room on Sat because the owner is arriving.I protested that I already paid for 4 nights.This put a sour taste in my mouth.I've never had this happen to me in all my travels.I was disappointed & tried to think positively that @ least we will have 3 nights in that beautiful room.Saturday morning came so we packed our bags,waited til the room that we were supposed to move to was ready..it took several calls to find out when we were supposed to move & if the porters will help us move as promised.We waited for close to 4 hrs.Finally they came & we moved.The new room was in a lower floor ,still with water views but obstructed with palm trees.The room was a downgrade from the 1st one,still beautiful however the furniture seem rundown ,esp the cushions in the terrace where u can see the torn fabric.....I also did not like the pushy ladies who wanted to sell the time share...I feel like they are forcing u to attend the sales marketing,even asking me to deposit $20 which i did..I also would like to add that this place is not appropriate for older guests,there's a lot of concrete stairs & it's difficult to navigate if u want to go to the beach..I have to mention Monica,the cleaning lady who was super nice while we were waiting..
I have no idea if this is an accepted practice here in Cabo to switch rooms-this reminds me of "bait & switch " or it just happened to us.The least they could do is inform the traveler that this could happen..(altho' they could have lost my business) Overall my trip to Cabo was wonderful..

5 Thank Edith C
CaboVillas, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Villas Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Edith C,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa.

We are pleased to hear you had a wonderful trip to Cabo San Lucas. We appreciate your compliements about our resort and are glad you enjoyed our location in the "Heart of Cabo".

The resort enjoys high occupancy levels, even in June. Sometimes, due to availability, we need to offer guests an alternative room location.

Saturdays are a very busy day at resorts in Cabo. Most visitors visit Cabo from Saturday - Saturday, so the mornings are busy with guests checking out and the afternoons are busy with new guests checking in. Our housekeeping department gives the best effort they can with cleaning the rooms and preparing them for the new guests.

We do invite our guests to take a presentation tour, to share with you the benefits of a membership at Cabo Villas. The $20 is simply a deposit for your attendance. All guests can decline the presentation at any time.

Due to the layout of the resort, a number of stairs were necessary to access all areas of the grounds. Ramps are also present next to the stairs, for people who may have difficulty with the stairs.

Thanks again for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I had read some mixed reviews about this place but was very pleasantly surprised and pleased. We stayed for 4 nights in room 210, pool view room from which we could walk straight out to the adults only pool. Peaceful and beautiful, and glad we didn't pay the extra for ocean view given how lovely and private it was! Gorgeous room, very well cleaned. Comfortable bed, like sleeping on a cloud. Very spacious apartment and the private spa is great too.
The Baja cantina on the beach lets you room charge and we had many cocktails on the beach there, fantastic! Not the cheapest but many other options in easy walking distance.
We got asked on checkin about the VIP pass and tour but said no and that was fine.
We had absolutely no complaints and it was great value for money!
Would very happily stay here again!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank worktravelskirepeat
CaboVillas, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Villas Beach Resort, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear traveladdict1283,

We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa.

Thank you for your objectivity about your trip and allowing us to serve you.

The resort is pleased to hear you enjoyed your room location near the adults only pool and the privacy it offers. Our housekeeping department takes pride in providing a super clean and well-kept room for our guests.

Glad you were able to take advantage of Baja Cantina, located right on the beach for some relaxing drinks and great views.

Thank you for considering a presentation tour. As you mentioned, guests can decline the invite at any time. We would love to share with you the benefits of a membership to Cabo Villas next time your in Cabo!

Thanks again, we look forward to serving you again soon!
Ft. Worth
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I an an owner and I love this place. Arturo is great along with the rest of the staff. They all know your name and aim to please. I would like to thank Felix the cat, Jamie (aka Mr. James), Javier and Francisco for their unbelievable service. They made the trip for us. Great place and location.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Vaden1
Dear Vaden1,

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa.

We love having you as a part of "familia Cabo Villas", and thank you for your years of loyalty as an owner.

Our staff appreciates your kind words of praise. We will be sure to pass it along to Felix the cat, Jaime, Javier and Francisco. It was their pleasure to serve you!

Thanks again, we look forward to greeting you in the near future!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Smaller Resort with the best location in Cabo. Private beach, multiple pools, amazing spa, and the best staff in all of Mexico. This is a home away from home, and a must stay destination. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a relaxing week in Mexico. It is a Time Share, and my mother is an owner and she visits multiple times a year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bdaniels75
Dear bdaniels75,

The resort is thrilled to hear you enjoyed our location in the "Heart of Cabo", just minutes from the beach activities, marina, numerous restaurants and nighlife.

We appreciate the kind words for our staff, and we love providing a "home away from home" atmosphere.

We look forward to seeing you and your mother again soon!
Germantown, Ohio
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Warning…Lengthy Review!
We visited Cabo for 8 days in mid June as part of a large wedding group. The bride and groom are owners at this resort and made all of the arrangements for our group.
Pros
Location is great! Close proximity to Marina was very beneficial and made for easy walks to town for dinners and catamarans.
Pools were nice.
Joe at the swim up bar as very accommodating and a fun bartender.
Middle of the Road Notes
Food was OK….not great not bad. Prices were a little high.
Rooms were nice. We had a 1 bedroom suite and they supplied us with a crib for my daughter.
Cons
Management was AWFUL! I understand that most of the resorts do a timeshare presentation upon check in but they were very pushy. There were 9 of us in our group at check-in including my one year old daughter. We had been traveling for over 12 hours and really just needed to let her relax. They would not let us go to room until she finished her presentation. Finally my in-laws just agreed to do the walk-through but then they wanted $20 to do it….WHAT? You take 1 hour of my first day of vacation to convince me to walk through your hotel (in a very sneaky way talking VIP cards and not just stating what they wanted) and then you want me to pay for it? No…give me the key to my room. Now we finally get to go to our room and instead of a 2 bedroom suite they have put us in a one bedroom so back downstairs we go to try and straighten this out. One person in the Reception area says yes I remember the bride asking for that, but hmmmm there is no record of it. Instead of giving us the 2 bedroom they split us up which was an inconvenience.
Elevator didn't work properly the entire time we were there. Even their own staff (on night of welcome party) made comments about it not working properly.
Internet service was HORRIBLE! I paid extra for it and most times I couldn't get it a signal. I ended up walking to The Office and using theirs while enjoying meals there.
One thing they offer to guests is a drink package. A few in our group had purchased it and others were considering. One of the staff people were discussing it with them by the swim up bar. They asked for 4 people for 5 days….he told them $1200 and that a was a deal! She asked me what we were quoted and I told him he better check his math…he then said oh i'm sorry here is the price. I truly believe if I wouldn't have been there, knowing the price he wasn't going to scam them.
Maid Service - Cleaned the room well. However, my husband went up one day and their cart was in the hallway, no maids in sight and the door to our room was left wide open!!! And they pulled food out of our trash and put it on the counter (opened bag of doritos)
Hot tub in Penthouse didn't work. You would think for the group size and money spent amenities like this would be working properly.
Now for the worst….MANAGEMENT WAS HORRIBLE! We were there for 8 nights. We knew for our last night four of us were going to have to share a room so we planned ahead. On the day of the move we were trying to figure out if all of us had to move or if we could combine down to one room. My husband went down at 9am and they said they didn't know yet. I went down at 10:30 and they still didn't know and at 11 Arturo (manager) said we were all going to have to move, but he was giving us an upgraded room. We said fine and said we were going to lunch and would move afterwards. We went to our room to get some things and ran into Arturo who said he had three problems. 1…there was a water issue and we would be without water for 6 hours 2…they were overbooked and he wanted us to move to another resort and 3…he had a headache. Part of our group was on an excursion but he needed to know right then what we wanted to do. They offered a stipend per room in resort credit (we weren't using room charges so it did us no good). We decided that sure we would move but we wouldn't go till after lunch and hopefully the rest of our group would be back from excursion. After lunch we learned that the bride had already talked with Arturo before us and let us know that we would not be moving and he guaranteed that he had rooms worked out. Ended up bride and groom in with manager for 2 hours trying to work something out. By the time it was all over it was now 4:00 and the last day of our vacation was ruined as we couldn't get to our luggage easily to enjoy the day and we still moved. I honestly can't believe they would treat owners the way they did. Arturo also was supposed to change our transportation plans so they knew to pick us up at new location. I talked with Martin from Inside Los Cabos the next day as Arturo said they were closed when he tried to call, and Martin said no one called him and that they are open 24/7. Also, 8 days after we came home one of the couples CC was charged $300. They called Arturo and he said the bank was the one who was making the mistake and they had charged at least 5 other cards….seemed WAY fishy to me.
I must say this place has a great location, nice amenities, but the management is horrific. We plan to make the trip to Cabo every year as a group (40+ people) and we will NOT be going back to Cabo Villas. We have stayed at Pueblo Bonito resort as well as Club Cascades and had great service. Stay away from here is you want to relax and be treated with respect as guests.

6 Thank Smfwdgrl1143
Dear smfwdgrl1143,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. The resort values hearing the positive items about your stay with us, as well as the areas where we can improve.

We are glad you took advantage of our location in the “Heart of Cabo”. As you mentioned, the resort is within easy walking distance of numerous restaurants and night clubs, not to mention beach activities and shopping.

The resort is pleased to hear you enjoyed our three pools, in addition to the compliments for Joe, one of the bartenders. And we are glad you enjoyed your suite.

We apologize for the inconveniences during your stay. Please allow us to elaborate in more detail;

All guests are invited to take a presentation tour, which allows us to inform them of the numerous advantages of a membership. All guests can decline the presentation at any time. The $20 USD is simply a deposit for your attendance, and is returned to you when you take the presentation.

Due to availability and occupancy levels, it was necessary to offer you an alternative room location.

Our records indicate that service was performed on the elevators during your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We regret you experienced a poor Internet connection. The resort is in the process of substantially upgrading our communications technology so we do not need to rely on an outside provider for our Internet and phone services.

Allow us to clear up any miscommunication you may have experienced regarding our all-inclusive drink packages. The resort offers two all-inclusive drink plans, which are valid from 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. The first applies to all domestic drinks and is $40 USD per day per person ($35 USD if pre-ordered on our website shopping cart). The second applies to all premium drinks and is $65 USD per day per person ($60 USD if pre-ordered on our website shopping cart). If four people wanted to order the premium drink package from the website, four people per day would be $240 USD, or $1,200 for five days, which was the same price you were quoted.

Thank you for notifying us regarding service needed on the hot tub in the penthouse. The Maintenance Department performed repair work on the unit.

Arturo and the front desk staff sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and any miscommunication you experienced with your rooms. The resort offered resort credit, which could have been used at any of the four restaurants on-site, as well as SPARITUAL, or any other room charges.

The resort’s records indicate the wedding group utilized two separate transportation companies. After all of the details were finalized regarding the different room reservations at alternative hotels in Cabo San Lucas, the resort staff was happy to call both transportation companies to reschedule the pick-up locations and confirm the pick-up times.

Finally, the resort puts a $300 hold deposit on a guests’ bill at check-in for room incidentals. The $300 that appeared on a few of the credit cards in your group was simply a hold deposit that had not been cancelled by the bank yet. Shortly thereafter, the bank rectified those items.

These situations were analyzed by our Quality Assurance team, in order to make the necessary adjustments in procedures, and apply training as needed. This will ensure that future guests, thanks to you, have a pleasurable stay with us.
Riverton, Wyoming
Reviewed 26 June 2014

What a wonderful resort. Rooms great, food great but what really made the resort wonderful was the staff. Our waiters Felix and Mr. James made out trip. Made sure that everyday at the beach was perfect. Lounge chairs set up each morning for us. Our drinks and food right when we wanted them. Thank you so much guys!!!! Ms. Wendy our concierge made sure our rooms where just what we wanted and helped my son arrange a beautiful arrangement of flowers and bottle of wine for his arrival. Anyone wanting to be pampered and treated to the best service go to Cabo Villas 5 stars and both thumbs up!!!! Stacey D.

1 Thank StaceyD54
CaboVillas, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Villas Beach Resort, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear StaceyD54,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa.

The resort prides itself on providing a "home away from home" atmosphere. We are pleased to hear you thoroughly enjoyed the interior of your rooms and your dining experiences.

Thank you so much for the kind words for our staff. We do everything we can so our members and guests can have an amazing vacation.

Thanks again for your comments, we look forward to pampering you again soon!