Cabo Villas Beach Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
ME Cabo by Melia(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Breakfast included
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
  • Pool
Medano Hotel and Suites(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Pueblo Bonito Rose(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Club Cascadas de Baja(Cabo San Lucas)
View Hotel
Cabo Inn Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)
1,154 results
All reviewsbaja cantinabaja brewing companybayview suitesswing barnew towerpool grillmango deckhot tub on the balconybeach staffcan't beat the locationminute walk to the marinaocean frontwater activitiesspring breakbeach chairsfull kitchenadult pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I married my at this resort three years ago and it was a wonderful experience, they really did a great job. This year we were unable to trade our timeshare for Cabo villas and got stuck staying a couple resorts down the beach, it sucked. We ended up walking down to the Baja cantina all week where we were treated great by the staff. We decided that we love this place so much to just buy a timeshare from them so we can always stay at the best resort in Cabo. We are now owners and don't regret our decision at all, can't wait to return to Cabo Villas.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jack J
CaboVillas, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Villas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Jack J,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa.

Welcome to la familia Cabo Villas!

We were pleased to assist you with your wedding three years ago and we look forward to serving you again and again!

Thank you for your praise of the staff at Baja Cantina. We will be sure to share it with them.

Thanks again Jack, hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We have stayed at Cabo Villas for the past 5 years on our annual trip to Cabo. We purchased a timeshare there 3 years ago. We were there for 2 weeks this year, end of May to early June. We were constantly being called by the front desk to pay for an additional tax that was due which we paid at the time we checked in. It took several trips to the front desk to get this matter settled. Then after we checked out and came home when we received our credit card bill the amount charged was $25.00 more than our bill. I have called the call center repeatedly and emailed the front desk manager at Cabo Villas as told to do so by the call center to find out what this extra charge was for but have still been unable to get a response. I am very unhappy that what should be a simple question is taking a lot of my time trying to get a response. After all the problems during our stay and the time it took away from enjoying our vacation (most days a minimum of three phone calls a day from front office and timeshare sales staff) I am not sure if I want to go back to this resort next year, not to mention the overage charged. Has anybody else encountered an overcharge while staying at this resort?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Doraine H
CaboVillas, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Villas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Doraine H,

Customer satisfaction is our main priority at the resort. Our records indicate that Front Desk Manager Arturo communicated with you my email and by telephone to rectify the situation. If you have additional questions or concerns, he is happy to review the details with you again. His email is frontmanager@cabovillasbeachresort.com.

We do invite our members to an update presentation to share the benefits of upgrading their memberships and offer various activities. Members and guests can decline the invite at any time.

Thanks again for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Just want to make a comment on our servers we had at the beach bar. Adrian, and his crew did a great job and we are looking forward to seeing them again the 1st of Oct.
Also my reservation assistant Lidia was very helpful in getting my reservation accurate with the room I wanted ( thanks ).
Les

Room Tip: We have the Bay view Penthouse and it I the best room and view in Cabo.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Leslieou812,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay at Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed outstanding service at Baja Cantina! We will be sure to pass along your compliments to Adrian and to Lidia in our call center. She was happy to assist you with your reservation needs.

Thanks again for your feedback. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hubby and I went here with another couple for a few days in Feb'13 during Super Bowl weekend with another couple. We had a great time lounging on the beach and drinking! My main regret was that when we booked the room, I opted for the "all you can drink" wristband for one or two of the days there. When we went down to get our wristbands on our first morning, it literally took 30 minutes for someone to come down and help us and everyone was very confused about what I was asking about (obviously it's not very common... um, it was on the website when I booked!). The major disappointment was that you could only use it at the pool bar, and the pool SUCKS. It is shaded very early in the day, and more to the point - dear travelers - why go to Mexico to lay by a secluded pool? Aren't we going to lay on sand? :/ Anyway, I began trekking up to pool bar to get our drinks and then bring them down to the beach. Apparently this is not ok because (obviously) this takes away from the beach servers' money. I snuck a few more drinks in, but we eventually gave up and just started ordering from our server. IE - paying for drinks after already paying for all-inclusive drinks. BAH!
The restaurant nearest the beach was fantastic - great breakfast. We also loved that the hotel was next door to The Office - great food! The staff was very friendly and the Super Bowl crowd was fun. We had one staff member who was incredibly friendly the entire time we were there and then on our last night sat down with us on the swings at the beach bar and proceeded to try to rope us in to a time share. Strike 2! And we thought we'd get out of there magically without that!
As far as the rooms, we were very pleased with ours - a pool view w/ a balcony and a mini kitchen. I was stoked on it until we visited our friends' room - a penthouse with a hot tub that they booked through a vacation owners website for almost the same price as our room! (not going to list website here in case it isn't published as a result). If we were to stay here again I would contact a timeshare owner and do it that way to save $$ and get a far superior room.
I don't think I'll go back to this hotel just because I know there are better ones available in Cabo. But I think for the price it's a very reasonable and nice hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CandyLandLaLa
CaboVillas, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Villas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear CandyLandLaLa,

Thank you for your comments regarding your February stay at Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa.

We offer two all-inclusive drink plans which is valid at the two on-site bars at the resort. The first applies to all domestic drinks and is $40 USD per day ($35 USD if pre-ordered on Cabo Villas website shopping cart). The second applies to all premium drinks and is $65 USD per day ($60 USD if pre-ordered on Cabo Villas website shopping cart). The two drink plans are valid from 11 a.m. - 10 p.m. at two pool bars; the Infinity Pool and the Pool Grill.

Baja Brewing Company and Baja Cantina (on the beach) are third- party businesses and consessions for Cabo Villas, both of whom have separate drink specials from the resort.

We are glad you received outstanding customer service while at Baja Cantina. We are in regular communication with their management and will be sure to pass along your praise.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the interior of your unit, as well as your balcony. Cabo Villas has four towers, the Bayview Suites tower is private ownership condos and the newest of the towers, while the other three are resort units for members and guests. As you mentioned, some of the units in Bayview may be listed on a vacation owners site.

Cabo Villas prides itself on the value it offers to our members and guests; a high quality resort in the "Heart of Cabo", just minutes from the beach, marina, the mall and downtown. For those travelers who have additional financial resources, they will indeed have additional resort options in the Los Cabos area.

Thanks again for your feedback, we appreciate your time.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I went to Cabo Villas Beach Resort June 19 - June 23, 2014 for my friend's destination wedding. The pictures on the website were beautiful, but usually they look nothing like the actual resort, plus the resort was really inexpensive, so I honestly wasn't expecting much. It ended up being one of our favorite vacation spots ever. We will definitely go back!

We got the least expensive room- its like a studio apartment, but it was much bigger and cleaner than we expected. It was a great value- only $150 per night (although I think we had a discount for the wedding guests) Plus it had a full size refrigerator and freezer, a stove top, sink, and cabinets full of cooking utensils, plates, silverware, etc. This ended up saving us a lot of money because although there are 4-5 different restaurants / bars at the resort, they were moderately expensive, so we had a taxi take us to the Walmart a few miles away and we bought water bottles, beer, and breakfast and lunch items. That way we were only eating out for dinner and we only purchased mixed drinks on occasion at the bars. If you want to check out a great bar- make sure you hit up Baja Brewing Company on the roof of the resort. Great view of Cabo and the ocean and excellent craft beer! The only downside to the room was that the shower water never got very hot- lukewarm at best.

The resort is beautiful. Very well maintained and clean. There were 3 pools. My favorite was the infinity pool with the swim up bar. All of the drinks that the bars served were very well made and they don't skimp on the alcohol. Plus they have top shelf liquor and they take their time to garnish the drinks appropriately. They were fairly expensive, but for most of the day (10am to 4pm I think) all drinks were by one get one free. So that helped.

The beach was stunning and the service was great. They had really comfortable cots to sit out on with umbrellas for shade. You had to get to the beach fairly early to get one (before 11:00am) but once you got one, you were comfortable and could enjoy the beach for the day. My favorite thing is that they had waiters on the beach and they would stop by every 20 minutes or so and ask if you wanted a drink or food and they would bring it right out to you. It made it really relaxing and fun and you ended up really getting to know the waiters. If you tip them well, they would pretty much do anything for you. Our waiter even saved us seats and umbrellas the next morning!

All in all, we had a fantastic time at Cabo Villas. It is relaxing but there is still plenty to do. You can rent jet skis, take a water taxi to lover's beach and to see the arch. It is very safe in Cabo- we were walking a couple miles around town even at night to go to restaurants and the marina and we felt safe the whole time. Everyone is just really helpful and everyone we encountered spoke English- although it was broken English a lot of the time. We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura M
CaboVillas, Public Relations Manager at Cabo Villas Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Laura M,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay at Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa.

It's great to hear you had an amazing vacation in Cabo for your friend's wedding. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of it.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed a comfortable studio suite and its amenities, as well as Baja Brewing on the rooftop terrace of Cabo Villas.

Thank you for your compliments regarding our three pools and the general upkeep of the property. Our staff strives to provide our guests with refreshing drinks and great service. To add a small verification about happy hour, it's from 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., not 4 p.m. That gives you two more hours to enjoy the drinks!

Just minutes from your room, Baja Cantina provides incredible service right on the beach, glad you were able to relax and enjoy all the aspects Medano Beach has to offer.

Thanks again for your comments. We look forward to serving you again soon!