“Perfect hideout”

Ranked #52 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Boise, Idaho
“Perfect hideout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

This is our second trip to Cabo during spring break. My husband and I are in our forties and while we love the energy of the younger crowd, we don't enjoy the belligerence that happens at 2am after a day of all-inclusive resort alcohol indulgence. Los Patios is a clean, artistic, quiet little bungalow escape. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank DaniellaMatutes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

A courtyard containing everything you desire ~ a restaurant, bar, pool & even a hot tub. The fresh food & drinks can be even be enjoyed poolside where music plays over speakers until a decent hour each night.

Each room has a balcony with a hammock & sliding glass doors so you can either enjoy the courtyard ambiance, or shut it out, & have restful peace & quiet in your room. The decor is a lovely combo of modern & authentic Mexican. The staff were very friendly & courteous. I loved it here & could honestly have stayed there & not left for many days in a row.

Room Tip: I'd definitely get a courtyard/poolside balcony.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Katie Q
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

The place looks nice and clean, which is important, however if you want to spend a relaxed time this is not the place, the rooms surrounds the pool area which is in the courtyard in the center of the hotel, so first thing in the morning the you wake up with the environmental music at 8:00 am from the pool area. Then, if you want to go and have a nice hot breakfast, forget it, you won't get that from the hotel's restaurant, even if you ask for a hot plate, you will get it soon, but cold.
Rooms, many of them are not renewed yet, so it is possible that you get a room with an old tv set with no image, since the cable is already digital and those sets are not. Also, if you are unlucky and you get locked out because the electronic door knob stops working, then prepare to spend some time letting the maintenance staff "fixes" the problem with a non fully working device.
Also the hotel can run out of water, so don't be surprised if you wake up in the morning and there's no water running, you will need to wait until a truck water pipe refills the tanks from the hotel.
Finally, if you want to complain about all these things with the manager, try to do it nicely, because he can get mad and you might be "invited" to leave the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a fully renewed room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank puriarte

Travellers are raving about these Cabo San Lucas hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

The good-Nice enough rooms, great bed, cheap, safe, quiet, pool, bar & restaurant(both reasonably priced and the 1 meal I had there was decent at worst). Easy trip to/from Walmart & the mall if you need to stock up on anything.

The "not so"-It's a $6-10 ride to downtown by cab. It can be walked during the day(if you're into a long walk), but you'll likely kill yourself at night(Mexico isn't into fixing sidewalks-they're pretty bad in spots). The bus also stops shortly after 10pm(super cheap way to get downtown though-stops right in front of the hotel).

The pool IS cold. I've seen a few people mention this and they are right. I don't know if this is just a weird time of year, but the place is DEAD-I'm talking about "you feel like you're the only one there" dead. I never saw or heard a peep about any timeshare stuff.

The "general"-Staff was good-great(pretty limited contact). Maids were top notch, place was very clean & comfy-especially by Mexico standards. This distance from downtown & beaches did get a little old, but you save that cab fare in the room rate & then some. I wouldn't say that you have to have a car to stay here, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Tim T
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

This place is great! Definitely would recommend.

Key tips:
-Breakky is continental if included so you'll need to pay extra if you want a hot breakky.
-It's about 30mins to walk into town, we did this a couple times but it was way too hot so do yourself the favour and spend the 11 pesos to get on the bus. Taxis should be about 80-100 pesos from here to town.
-The taco place across the road is awesome best octopus taco!
-The bottle shop is close by but the bar at the hotel is pretty cheap.
-The hotel is nice and clean and friendly staff. They can recommend good places to eat too!

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, if you want one that's a bit quieter one not directly facing the pool.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Lpasci
Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Los patios

I came to this hotel to do some business and I was cordially greeted by the sales manager, which I thought was great, but in our conversation he touched me several times, which I found inappropriate but I know that it can be cultural so I let it go.
However, later, I asked for him to show me the conference room for my business meetings, and he continued to get in appropriately close to me, stroke my back and arms (even after I continually backed away), and tell me how beautiful I am and asked if I picked the location because of the "handsome men like [him]." It was disgusting, particularly because I was there with my husband, who the guy had met.
Additionally, we invited our family members over to swim with us in the pool and when our family walked in, they told our GUESTS (not us) that they could not come to the pool unless they paid $200MXN EACH (almost $20USD).
It is a shame because the hotel is beautiful and has a nice view of Cabo's famous view, but I simply cannot recommend this place for business travelers or for women. I felt uncomfortable to even be on the grounds in my bathing suit because of the inappropriate interactions I had with the sales manager.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank AlexandraKDG
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

So this hotel has got a lot of character, and a big shout out to Saul at the front desk for taking care of us for the first three days that we got to Cabo. You have to have a car to stay here because even though it is basically in Cabo San Lucas, it is still about 1 mile to the strip.They have secured parking in the back for free. You are not going to see the ocean, but if you are interested in the night life of Cabo, this is a great place to lounge in your own personal hammock (every room has it's own balcony equipped with a hammock) and go in to Cabo for fun. Side note, park at the mall when you get into town.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family