“Its a hotel, not a resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Los Patios Hotel

Los Patios Hotel
Ranked #52 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Chicago, Illinois
“Its a hotel, not a resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2006

The Los Patios hotel was clean but as mentioned in other reviews (I read before leaving) the beds are hard is an understatement, the bed frames including the headboard are concrete just to give you an idea of the quality of the bed. The pool we did not use so I can not comment on that but I did put my hand in the hottub a couple times and it was never warm. The meals at the restraunt are NOT good but the chips, guac and salsa are good. THe bar is small and closes about 10-1030 every night. Beers are 3 USD and Jack and Cokes were 8.50USD.

The hotel is about 10 minutes from downtown Cabo (we rented a car for 6 days for 92 bucks, rented it at dollar through Orbitz and got insurance through Orbitz). The beach was also about 5-10 minutes ride to the public beach, there are 2-1 drinks during the day at Mangos, tabascos and others. Be prepared to get heckled by beach peddlers because it is a public beach, just say No te gusta and they will leave you alone.

Nightlife in Cabo is good but we did have an issue. We were down there for a wedding and for rehersal dinner about 30 people at about 6:30 on Friday December 1st at a place called Panchos or Ponchos? They were serving everyone drinks beer and margaritas from a pitcher and just as we were getting our last drinks they take my wife's glass away to go refill it (mind you they have pitchers available) after this I go to drop the car off and the rest of the party goes to Cabo Wabo (sammy hagar's bar) I asked my buddy's girl where my wife is and she is in the bathroom so I think nothing of it because maybe she is sick from the food. I asked her (buddy's gfriend) to go check on her again, my wife insists she is fine then finally thrid time I go with her into the ladies bathroom and my wife is throwing up (after 2 drinks) she tells me she can not feel her legs or arms, after this security comes in to tell me that I can't be in here, I say my wife is in need of a doctor asap, CABO WABO security escorted me out of the bathroom and I told them WE NEED ambulance so CABO WABO security pick up my wife like a rag doll and toss her into a cab, yes a cab not an ambulance, needless to say I wasn't happy with Cabo Wabo at all nor Ponchos because this is where we believe she was drugged, she stayed overnignt in the hospital that doesn't take insurance and that costed close to 4,000 USD. I would not recommend Cabo Wabo or Ponchos. Los Patios is good though for the price, just rent a car

• Liked — Price and Value, location next to bed and breakfast where the wedding was taking place
  • Disliked — Location is far from beach, we are used to being able to walk to the beach
  • Tips/Secrets — BUY TRAVELER'S INSURANCE, or make sure you are covered in Mexico. or make sure you have ample credit on your credit card
  • Stayed November 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank norton91

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2006

We just returned from our first stay in Cabo San Lucas, and stayed at the Los Patios Hotel. It was a very clean, and relaxing hotel. It is small enough, (76 rooms), to give individual service, but large enough to have most amenities. It even offers free internet service, which most large hotels do not have. Yes, the beds are very firm, but after a busy day, they become comfortable. The rooms have a large bathroom, with plenty of shelving and hanging space, and a safe that is free, again unlike many large hotels. All employees we saw were friendly, and went out of their way to meet any needs that we had. There was a breakfast buffet that was very good, and rotated the items each day. We were there for their holy week at Easter, which was also spring break week. If there was a negative that we saw, it had to do with the young people that feel their partying is more important than the solitude of anyone around them. Since that is not the fault of the hotel, we found the hotel to more than meet all of our needs, and would not hesitate to return.

• Stayed April 2006
11 Thank destinydave
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2006

We get there friday night and find out they overbooked the hotel by 30 rooms, so after fighting with management we get put up in a cheaper hotel and told we will get refunded money. I find it very unproffesional to overbook like that. So we stayed at the other hotel and finally got back into the hotel wit 3 nights left. The hotel has rock hard beds, you are a nice cab ride away from town, and the food although good is not all inclusive and their breakfast is horrible. There is also a smell of sewage at the hotel and we came in one night from the clubs and had no water so i can wash my hair out and no lights. Only thing that saved my trip was there was 20 of us that went down so we had a good time, but for the price u can stay in this hotel look at one of the ones by the beach and in town i am sure u can find one around the same price. After all you will be at the beach during the day and the clubs in town at night so u want something close. Cab rides really suck.

• Stayed March 2006
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Cabo San Lucas hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2006

We just returned from Cabo San Lucas and our stay at Las Patios. The hotel was very reasonably priced and very clean. The only problem we encountered was that the beds are as hard as a rock and I'm not kidding, I didn't know that they made beds that hard. The other problem was that the hot tub was only hot during one night of our stay. It worked out though because we were almost too sunburned to use it! If your looking for a hotel closer to the beach this is not it. It is a couple miles out of town the problem with trasportation is that if you take a bus you will have to run across 4 lanes of traffic to get to the hotel otherwise a taxi or your own rental car is your best bet. On a more positive note the staff there is wonderful they really do try and accomadate you and make you comfortable. All in all we had a great time but next time I think we would stay somewhere on the beach.

Stayed February 2006
10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Tacoma, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2006

We arrived and were greeted by a very unfriendly desk manager. Then one of the couples we were travelling with were told that their reservation was no good and had to be shipped to a dirty Best Western for one in night even though they made reservations the same time we did through the same company.

The other couple we travelled with had a very unclean a room, both of their beds had bed sheets with stains, etc it was disgusting. It took three times in person at the front desk to get a maid to come and change the sheets.

The next day we had more friends come in and they were told also that their reservation was no good and they would need to go to another hotel for one night. They stood their ground and the hotel managed to come up with a room for them!!

The staff was very unfriendly didn't care to assist you in any way. There are no elevators and they made us carry our luggage up several flights of stairs to our room, they did not even offer to help and one of our friends was 6 months pregnant.

The pool area was nice although the jacuzzi was cold, but we did find out that if you ask several times at the front desk they will turn the heat on, it takes about an hour though to heat up.

The restaurant did have nice wait staff and the food was good, prices were not too bad.

Overall I think this could be a quaint place if they took the time to care, but I will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2006
14 Thank Habaneroguy
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2006

This hotel is a few miles out of Cabo with view of the ocean. This was our first time staying here. The problems we had were with requests. For instance we asked for more bath towels and got none, we asked for the hot tub to be heated it took almost an hour then you were forced out of the tub because of the severe hot water. Finally the beds were very hard. We stayed for 4 nights. The staff was nice and they spoke English well.
Would I return? No.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2005

After reading a few other reviews, I went to Los Patios with lowered expectations.

Minuses: The beds are truly rock hard. Couldn't get the climate control to do anything. No coffee maker, even after I asked for one. Pool was cold and jacuzzi, though boiling hot, had broken jets. Staff was very unhelpful. Awful Christmas music (Mariah Carey, etc.) blared from 8am until at least 10pm, and when I asked (every day) for them to turn it down they didn't until I called every 5 minutes and they got tired of hearing from me. Restaurant okay, but very expensive.

Pluses: Hammock was a nice touch, although with the blaring music it was difficult to enjoy. Blow dryer actually worked. In-room safe.

I travel often, so I feel somewhat savvy in knowing what to expect and asking for what I want. I don't recommend this place at all.

• Stayed December 2005