“Charming small resort on the outskirts of Cabo.”

Los Cabos Golf Resort
Ranked #49 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Ive been comming back here for a few years and we really love this small charming resort. Im here to escape the New York winter and play golf with my friends. The resort is filled with many older folks who purchased years ago. Its very peaceful here and rarely any children. (another plus in my book). The restaurant is good and has live music and dancing on Tuesday nights.
They have a nice pool and a great hot tub the size of a small pool. It has an open air lobby with free Wi Fi connection. The Tvs have good reception and the units are large comfortable rooms with daily housekeeping. There is a putting green next to the pool and a bar at the pool area.
A Walmart is real close and walkable if you didnt have to carry much. A taxi to town is 100 Pesos or $10. There is a Banamex bank in the Walmart shopping center where you get a good rate of exchange Pesos to dollars. Right nowFeb 1st ,about 13 Pesos for every dollar. The resort is giving you 11.5 pesos for every dollar.
The resort has a free shuttle to the golf clubhouse only about 1 mile away on the property. Its an interesting course and a lot of fun to play and a good challenge with 5 sets of tees. More high end golf courses are nearby that would rival pebble beach. I look forward to this vacation every year. The restaurants in town are amazing. Just down the road from this resort has two very romantic places. The Sunset Da Mona Lisa restaurant has an incredible view and a telescope to view the stars. The Puerto Viejo restaurant on the corner of the same road as the Mona Lisa also have a wonderful view of the Harbor and Cabos lights at night, and a flute player or a singer depnding on the night you go.
So enjoy this resort for what it is a clean, charming quiet place on a golf course with a nice bar restaurant. We love it. If you need to be on the Ocean stay at one of the many resorts in town. But this place is very nice.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank Rocky G

Reviewed 27 January 2012

We have been coming here for 12years and it seems like home to us. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They welcome you like lost friends. The rooms are adequate size and very comfortable. We like that we are not at a Hugh resort where you wait in line for everything and have to get to the pool early to get a spot. We are not beach people so the distance to the beach does not bother us. We come to relax and golf. Once you've seen downtown Cabo, that's enough but there are plenty of great restaurants in town and you would need to get a cab for that. The golf course is very good and tests you're skill. Very spectacular views from numerous holes. We plan to visit another 12 years, at least.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank willibur
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Very quiet resort near the Los Cabos Golf Course. Must have a car or you will pay $10 for a cab ride when you want to go into Cabo. The concierge told us it was a 20 minute walk to the beach - well if you walk very fast in cool weather and are not carrying anything. Just get a rental car. Not actually on the golf course. The resort was started but apparently didn't sell so the builder quit building - hence why there are buildings A, B, C, D, E and M. If you are looking for a view of the ocean this is not the place. Nice views of WalMart however.

Stayed in a one bedroom with a friend. She did a timeshare tradeout. Was enough room for us with a queen size pullout sofa - but four people would have been too many. There is daily maid service which I was not expecting and they keep the rooms very clean. Did not see one bug inside the condo. Kitchen was small but adequate with two burner cook top, fridge and microwave. Patio outside with table. We were on the first floor and could hear all the noise from the people on the second floor - just not well insulated.

Very quiet resort. Would absolutely not recommend for families with children. Nothing for the kids to do. If you want a break from the loud resorts along Medano Beach this is a good option. Highly recommend for golfers - if you can get a golf package. Most of the guests are owners with golf memberships. The people are very nice but it is definately an older crowd. We met a ton of people who purchased 15+ years ago, many from Canada.

KC the concierge was fantastic. She gave us a pass to go to the Villa Pal Mar resort on the beach for the week. Also arranged a tour for a turtle release program with Baja Outback and a kayak/snorkel trip to Santa Maria and Chileno Bays with HighTides. Both highly recommended. Our guides were great.

We did not eat any meals at the restaurant on site. We stopped at the grocery store and purchased alcohol and breakfast food and snacks. Drinks at the bar outside of happy hour (11-6) are very expensive. Our neighbor and two of her friends all got sick one night from the blue cheese dressing on their salads and the resort didn't offer any compensation or even an apology. So, I would skip the restaurant - so many good options in Cabo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor to avoid the noise between floors. C and D buildings are close t...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank tdh42
Reviewed 3 September 2011

OK, here's the deal. We traded points from another timeshare to stay in Cabo at the end of August and ended up here. I'm giving the resort a "poor" rating for a number of reasons, but let me tell you the positives first. Our room was actually QUITE nice. We had a spacious two-bedroom on the second floor with a really nice balcony (although view wasn't all that great). Master bath had a really great walk-in shower and if you were patient, you could fill the "tub" and have a nice soaking experience. Now for the negatives. Not that we were watching a lot of TV while we were there, but reception sucked. No internet in the room which was an issue because I was playing hooky from work and really needed access. Had to go to the "business center" or lobby area to get internet access. Food, when the restaurant was open, was mediocre at best. If you've never been to Cabo I say go somewhere closer to "town" as this is a $10 cab ride to anywhere and the desk staff aren't particularly helpful. In fact, my on-going thought is they need to pay the desk clerks more and get better guest service at the front of the house, and they need to pay the wait staff/bartenders/cocktail waitresses less to get better service if you're a good tipper. My favorite issue was actually the list of phone numbers proudly displayed by the phone in our room. Mini-mart (doesn't exist) Mini-spa (doesn't exist) etc. The bar closes at 6pm. There's not even a vending machine to get a soda or bottled water after hours. Still, back to the room, it's really a beautiful room and housekeeping did a great job. Bartender switched out my bf's Bic lighter while he was swimming and when he was called on it, laughed and gave the lighter back. Really? Yes. Really. Bf asked the waiter to bring me a bowl of ice cream (I was in the lobby working on my laptop) and had to ask the waiter three times to please bring me the ice cream. Waiter didn't bring me ice cream, but did come over and ask me what I wanted. I didn't know it had taken 3 tries to get him there. Again, if you don't know Cabo, stay closer into "town". If you speak good Spanish, have a car and a tolerant nature, try this place.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank JTaramasso
Reviewed 19 July 2011

This was my second trip to Cabo and second time staying at the Los Cabos Golf Resort. The best reason to stay at this resort is for the location and abilty to relax. You are located just outside Cabo, with a view of the town and beach from our blacony we were a five minute cab ride into town. They have their own taxis on site and all of them charge the same rate 100 pesos or 10 dollars to anywhere in town or Medano beach. They allow you access to resorts on Medano beach so you can go there for the day, enjoy their pool, chairs, bar, etc. Then you can come back home to this cozy resort where you can relax by the clean pool without 500 people around and no music blasting. My wife and I are in our mid 20's, trust me, you can go into town and enjoy all of the fun but coming back to the peaceful resort is just awesome. The grounds are impecible, the rooms are beautiful and clean, the pool is clean, the golf course was decent and a bit overpriced - dry - i'm sure its better during the winter season. Spa onsite is tiny but nice, gym is also nice but the size of a closet. Most of all; the staff here makes it a great experience. Ramon at the bar will make you feel like part of his family. Pedro in the restaurant will greet you by name everytime you pass by and hand you a margarita. Janeth at the front desk is wonderful and will patiently take care of whatever you need. If this is what you are looking for, and at an unbeatable value, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TheDudeStands
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My family and I just arrived from a 10 day trip to Los Cabos Golf Resort and we LOVED it! Upon arriving the first thing that grasped our attention was the fact this resort has security to let cars in and out. This is a very unique feature because not many resorts have this exclusivity and it made us feel a sense of safety from the beginning. Once we arrived at the front desk, we were immediately greeted by the friendly staff with margaritas and fresh lemonade. The concierge was extremely helpful in informing us about the best places to visit and where the cheapest prices were located.

Upon arriving to our room, we immediately noticed it was SUPER clean, which for me to say the rooms are SUPER clean means a lot because I am very picky with the cleanliness of where I stay on vacation. I loved the fact the rooms are cleaned every day.

This resort also has a great happy hour where you get 2 drinks for the price of 1 at the pool bar, which my family enjoyed. The pool is AMAZING with a concrete slide from one pool to the next. There is a waterfall coming from the pool bar's roof into the upper level pool.

Overall our experience was GREAT! The staff is friendly, the resort is very safe, the rooms are SUPER clean, and the resort is very well kept. We loved Los Cabos Golf Resort so much that I know we will continue to stay there on future vacations.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank EOaxaca
Reviewed 3 January 2011

after checking in and not finding our room exceptable ,I asked for a different room.The front desk said nothing was available ,so I asked for a up graded room,and was advised that a down grade was not even available .I pulled out Fifty Dollarll bill and a romm was found with in 2 minutes ....HMMM
I wonder how that happened ...It will be our last stay there

Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends