“Three nighter”

Ranked #48 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
BOSTON
“Three nighter”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I booked three nights here originally for my husband to play golf. Little did I know that before we went he would hurt his back so there was no golf in Cabo for my husband. If we had a crystal ball and knew this we would have spent our 8 nights in Cabo at the Hacienda Encantada where we went to for the 5 nights after the Los Cabos Golf Resort. Our room was fine. The pool was nice. We eat at the bar and that was good. We did discover that recently the golf course was sold so now the golf course and the resort are totally separate. SO THAT would explain why we couldn't find the resort!!!! Seemingly the new golf course owners have removed the sign of the resort. Later on I figured out that everyone calls the resort the Country Club!! After I figured that out I noticed that right before you take the right turn to get to the resort there is a little sign that says "Country Club Access". That may help you if you are driving like we were and couldn't find the Los Cabos GOlf Resort!!! All in all it was ok. I got the distinct feeling that the place was going under. Just my feelings. It would be fine for a golf getaway and we probably would have enjoyed it more if my husband had actually been able to play.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MFAHY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I purchased a Groupon for 5 nights in a Luxury Villa for a group of 4. Let me start out by thanking Joan Mckillip for assistance us in making our reservations and booking our private roundtrip transportation. As well as answering the many questions I had since this was our first trip to Cabo. She was very helpful. Our driver was really friendly and gave us a tour on our way down to the resort.

We arrived at Los Cabos Golf Resort (Country Club) and were not greeted by anyone at the front desk. I went up to check in and proceeded. We originally asked for a top floor but according to the front desk, they had none so we were in a bottom unit. We received our $150 vouchers to be used only at the Double Eagle Restaurant. The staff took our luggage and groceries purchased at the Wal-Mart directly behind the resort. (The "baggers" at Wal-Mart work for tips, FYI)They walked us to our villa (Luxury) and we fell in love with the place. It was a one bedroom/one bath suite with 2 single beds in the living room. Not pull out beds but more like a sectional sofa. It had kitchen table, 2 stove tops, microwave, toaster, a refrigerator and anything you might need such as plates, pots, pans, silverware. The living room contained a small 17-20 inch TV. They offer DVD players upon request at no charge. The bedroom contained a queen size bed and also had a Safe in the closet. The suite also had A/C and a patio with a table & chairs. I had read other reviews about “noise” but had no issues during our stay.

Our first night we decided to use our vouchers (resort credit) at the Double Eagle Restaurant. The staff was very friendly! Ask for Jorge if available. He has excellent customer service skills. The food was amazing! Some of the best Carne Asada I have ever had. Throughout our stay, we enjoyed breakfast, lunch and dinner at the Double Eagle. We found it be better than some of the places in El Centro (Downtown). The prices are reasonable and they offer a 2x1 happy hour between 11-6pm. 2 beers or mixed drinks came out to be around $6 during happy hour. Our group of 4 really enjoyed the food and drinks there. I was told that the resort did not accept U.S. currency BUT they do. Just ask for US currency in return as the exchange rate is not really worth it. Or try to exchange larger bills first and then pay.

We had daily maid service. (Mandatory). They did a great job in keeping up the place. Our maid was Reyna and was a super nice lady. Please tip well.:)

The resort also has two pools and a big Jacuzzi. The top pool has a swim up bar and a short slide to go into the bottom pool. Pretty cool and fun for kids. Pool's close at 10pm for cleaning.

Our group does not golf; therefore, don’t have much to say about the range.

The resort also has free Wi-Fi in the lobby. I recommend turning off your data roaming during your stay to avoid charges. Contact your provider for assistance. They do NOT have a desktop computer.

Taxi service is available upon request at the front desk. Took around 5-10minutes for a Taxi to arrive. The fares are expensive! $6 to Wal-Mart, $10 to downtown. EACH WAY. There is a strong Union and is very hard to negotiate prices. Please confirm the price before getting inside cab. Wal-Mart was probably a minute drive and about 5-10minutes to downtown depending on traffic. I don’t recommend walking to the beach. It is very far and dangerous with the drivers down there. No shuttle service as they are not allowed to have one. A local mentioned that the "green" and "blue" taxi services are the most expensive. We found this out towards the end of our trip. :(

Some of the other reviews mentioned a strange “smell”. This is true. At times in the evening it would smell like manure. We got used to it and didn’t mind it. Especially if you're indoors and everything is closed. It was probably when the plants/trees were being watered?

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. With the exception of ONE specific staff member. Most were very nice and friendly. We did come across some issues with one of the front desk workers. The employee, PAULA, was extremely rude and made our group feel unwelcomed. From the beginning of our stay, she had and attitude towards us. Anytime we had a question, she made it seem like we were bothering her. She would roll her eyes and make facial expressions. At times she would speak Spanish silently when she spoke perfect English! Our first encounter was asking if they had an ice machine. She laughed at us and said no, and to go and ask for ice at the bar area. The only reason we needed ice was because our refrigerator was broken and was replaced the next day. The day after we asked if the resort had a Desktop computer. She then repeated my question in a rude tone, “Do. We. Have. A. desktop. Computer. ”NO, we don’t. I’m not sure why she felt the need to repeat a simple question. I then asked if they offered Wi-Fi. She replied with the “meeting room”. For a moment I thought she was talking about a specific room in which we would obtain Wi-Fi but she was actually stating the name of the Wi-Fi. She was not specific and was getting irritated by me asking where the Meeting room was. Once again, she does speak perfect English. On another occasion, we had asked for towels for the pool as they distribute them at the front desk. It was 5:55pm and once again in a rude tone of voice she said to make sure we get them by 6pm as she rolled her eyes. The last day I finally went up to her and asked if we had done something to her to offend her. She said no, so I asked why she was giving us attitude during our stay. She said if we had any issues to write it in a survey and finished our conversation with a “have a nice day.” No apology, no nothing. As if Paula did not care. She really made us feel as if we did not belong there. This would be the only reason we don’t come back to Los Cabos Golf Resort. I did mention it to the General Manager who thanked me for bringing up to his attention. He apologized on her behalf and welcomed us back anytime. I do not want to discourage anyone from coming as the resort is amazing! I tried not to let this person get to us but after the 5th day….

Thanks reading and I hope this helps. I will be reviewing some of the excursions and restaurants we visited during our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Edgar G
Olympia, Washington
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Checked in with friends who own several time shares at this property for a week of sun, and golf. The one bedroom units are large, with an outside deck, nice living room, small kitchen unit, great bedroom space, king size bed, and an ample bathroom, shower only. Golf is not included but it runs about $60.00, depending on time of year. You can eat on property, good food and reasonable prices, they have a great happy hour - two for one drinks about $7.00 I have spoke with a couple of the people around the pool, and you get purchase a week online for as little as $700 to $750 for the week (check eBay) or just search timeshares for rent - maybe even use Vacation Rentals by Owners. There is a Walmart next door for shopping, and a Costco down the road about a mile.
Enjoy

Room Tip: I would recommend shopping properties down here for rentals - lots of deals.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mathewwi
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Recommend this course, very well treated and is a really awesome golfing experience. if you are down in cabos don't miss this chance to play here , i felt like the all place was there just for me and the all time the workers and the staff of the course treated me really well , i got to say that the price was a little stiff and i wasn't really sure if to spend that much money golfing since i had allot of other activities scheduled but it was completely rewording, im not a geat golfer but they also give me a lesson courtesy while i was playing , a really must do activity in cabos.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
San Mateo, California
Reviewed 7 May 2013

To relax. The weather here is perfect in the First week of May. The room was a time share exchange but they also rent out. Junior Suit has full cooking kitchen, King size Bed and a pull out couch Wi-Fi is free in the common area and works very good. There is a Gym, Restaurant and Bar. They also have spa, Large swimming pool. The property is full of large flowering tress. The birds are colorful. The staff all speak English and are very friendly and helpful. A great place to come to.

Room Tip: Not on the Beach but very close to all the attractions.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ipswitch00
Canada
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Interval exchange; nice, quiet resort with beautiful landscape. Enjoyed early morning and evening walks along golf course, views of the bay from our room; maid service and help with carrying luggage/groceries to our room excellent. Quiet pool area, unit in good shape although no kettle and a few other items we had to purchase. No sales pitch at the resort but then we were four women and property sales appear to be geared to heterosexual couples. Car rental from Europcar for the week, Chev Aveo fit four adult women and luggage; no hassles. Free parking at resort in front of unit. We were on second floor E-11. Although every other aspect of resort (cleanliness, safety, not a party resort, comfort, older crowd, location) suggested a definite return, we were disappointed with the lack of attention to our complaints of noisy tenants in the room directly below us. For the first three nights, loud voices and singing, moving of furniture could be heard from 2 to 4 am, coming through vents in master bedroom. The two sleeping on the sofa (2 large "single" cushions, not sofa bed) did not hear as much of the disturbance. Despite complaining to the front desk every morning with reassurance they would be advised to reduce the noise, it continued with no offer of compensation for our troubles. The manager stated that they are owners and everyone spends their holiday differently! All I could do was get up every morning and find a late night grounds worker who knocked on their door and told them to be quiet. Oddly enough, after they left the unit, the next people were also up to all hours although not as loud...I began to think that perhaps this was a staff meeting place or something just because every time it was noisy, it was clearly not English speaking tourists or young persons but Sanish speaking and singing. Nevertheless, the poor ventilation which allowed the sound to come right through to the bedroom combined with the lack of sympathy/intervention from management was unacceptable. I would recommend avoiding the units in this part of the resort as it is peculiar that we would have encountered the same issues with supposedly new tenants. Other than the consistent lack of sleep every night of the holiday, we recommend the Caborey, travel to San Jose Del Cabo and Todos Santos, Cerritos (surfing beach). For great pottery and prices, don't miss Artesano's!

Room Tip: A/C unit noise also heard in master bedroom E-11, upper unit.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Lumsden Saskatchewan
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We booked this as a one week vacation even after having read all the reviews. Also had a back up plan just in case, for another place. We arrived during the Super Bowl party going on in the common area of the grounds, and didn't have anything but wonderful attention to checking into our room. From the moment I opened the door to our suite, I fell in love with the total charm and cleanliness of the place. Had the best sleep ever in the king size bed! The resort fell so quiet every evening that you could go down to the hot tub and be the only ones around to enjoy the warm and totally safe surroundings. The beauty of this place is amazing! We cancelled our other "backup plans" and stayed our entire two week vacation! We also got the chance to move upstairs to another suite which was even more beautiful as our private patio overlooked the garden. We enjoyed having a rental car and our accessibility to Walmart and Costco for food and beverages to stock up our kitchenette. Having a light breakfast and occasional lunch or supper in our suite helped our budget greatly and it was fun to open a bottle of wine and dine on our own patio while taking in the beauty of the well kept gardens. We didn't golf but did go for long walks in the morning, always taking our camera with us. It is a well maintained course and there was no smell what so ever around the water features as other people had mentioned prior to our trip. We also tried many restaurants both in Cabo and San Jose, all of which were pretty amazing. We went exploring everyday and heard so many times how people came and ended up staying here permanently and I can see why after our experience in this amazing area. We felt very safe unlike some of the mainland parts of Mexico. Our only change would be a stop to the constant sales pitch downtown marina area. I hear that is a constant complaint and really if you're pleasant but firm, they don't pressure you too badly. We did take in 3 presentations (even though we were prepared not to) I guess it may seem like a hassle but all three were pretty good and we really took advantage of being a team and sticking to our story and actually got really great rewards, like golfing at Diamante (rated 58 in the world) (Awesome!) and getting our rental car much cheaper and a wonderful dinner cruise. If you don't have the ability to say No and have a limited time to enjoy Cabo, I wouldn't bother either, but we had lots of time and now know what to avoid next visit. Came back from our vacation very relaxed and plan on returning very soon.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple