“Great golf weather in Feb.”

Los Cabos Golf Resort
Ranked #49 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Saint James, New York
“Great golf weather in Feb.”
Reviewed 27 February 2009

As you can see from my post last year this is a small intimate resort not on the Ocean. But for golfers it is a joy. The course is a very good layout with some holes viewing the ocean. We play two rounds a day everyday and never get bored here. The green fairways contrasted against the desert and mountains is just beautiful. Lots of flowering boganvilla and cactus to remind you "'Your not in Kansas anymore Dorothy".Im from NY but you get the point. There are two holes that are near a water recycling plant that can give out a strong odor. But thats not a big deal. This course also gives a discount on www.ezlinks.com Ive seen prices of $70 a round including cart. In Cabo thats an unbeatable price for a very challenging course for prim time morning play

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Rocky G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Baltimore MD
Reviewed 6 April 2008

My husband and I recently stayed at the Cabo San Lucas Country club through a timeshare exchange. While our room was incredible, one of the biggest we've ever stayed in, the resort as a whole was lack-luster.

It is a very small resort with only 72 units. The pool area is small too and getting a chair can be difficult. Also, the pool temperature was FREEZING, making it impossible to swim in it! The food at the resort was horrible and the worst was the constant smell of sewage from their water recycling.

Also, the resort is so far from the beaches that unless you are a die-hard golfer who plans to golf everyday, I'd suggest staying at the many resorts on the beach. We visited the Sheraton's Hacienda del Mar, which was beautiful - everything you could ask for in a resort...and wished we stayed there!

We did golf while there and found the golf staff to be extremely rude and unhelpful, a change from the friendly staff at the resort.

All in all, we will go back to Cabo, but will NOT stay here.

• Liked — golf, room
  • Disliked — Smell, food, pool area
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cpavlas2
AZ
Reviewed 10 October 2007

This was my first time in Cabo. I stayed in the Presidential Penthouse unit and let me tell you, if you ever get the chance to stay in that unit, DO! It was super swanky! 3 floors of good times! The hot tub on the top floor was ridiculous!!!! The food was excellent, the drinks were strong, the service was top-notch and it was close to town. I myself don't golf but I enjoyed driving the golf cart around the beautiful course. Great views and pretty landscaping. All in all, the total package was A+++++. I will definitely be back!

• Liked — The details each room had
  • Disliked — Nothing it was awesome
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with friends
indiana
Reviewed 7 October 2007

I only golfed at the country club. The course was full of challenges and played tough. I did enjoy the course and the couple I joined up with to golf.

But, the rancid smell of the water system about made me throw up on a couple of holes. I know that water is a premium there, and they try to denature the sewage to water the golf courses, but this was too much.

Course also had a lot of what we call crab grass in the midwest, this was surprising to me for $130.00 a round.

Later

Stayed October 2007
2 Thank bmagazine
CA
Reviewed 10 August 2006

we booked our room through Interval International Getaways.. It was 700 for 7 days... THis was my second time in Cabo .. Last Year, I stayyed at the Hilton which I prefer but the COuntry CLub a good.. It was only lacking the beachfront room and spa bathtub. The room we had was ginormous. It had a full scale kitchen and two bathrooms for a one bedroom. It was clean and the service was very good. We had messages while we were there and althought ere was not a fancy spa like I usually go to. The message was one of the best I had ever had for only 60 dollars. The food was pretty good too..... If I was going to Cabo again... I would book this room if you had a group going with you, otherwise I prefer the HIlton which was on the beach but farther away for Cabo San Lucas..I didn't mind taking the drive everyday......Bring your Costco card..Cooking really helped up save money... I really liked that there was dining outside the room and a hammock to relax in.....

• Liked — The size of the room with two bathrooms
  • Disliked — It was not directly on the beach
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with friends
3 Thank babyboo999
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 24 April 2006

stayed at our timeshare unit here for the first time Apr 2-16 and had our wedding reception at the resort as well. I thought the place was great; service was exceptional, rooms and grounds constantly and expertly attended to, and the pool was always very clean. having a car here is a good idea, as it allows you to get to and from town and the beach easily and on your own schedule. cabs become expensive if you take them every day...

as I mentioned before, we held our wedding reception here, and the resort did a fantastic job of it; very attentive and professional wait staff, the food was delicious, and the setting was beautifully decorated. I would definitely recommend the LCCC to anyone looking for a spot to hold a party or reception. Fabrizio and Veronica took great care of us. we also booked several activities through the concierge, and the discounts that they provided were very much appreciated also.

of course, the real attraction here is the golf course. if you're a golfer and plan on staying in Cabo, it's the only real value option there is. I managed 9 rds during my stay, and would rate the course 4 out of 5 stars. it is a long and difficult layout (especially the bermuda greens) that I would say was definitely more challenging than the Ocean course at Cabo del Sol, despite what the slope and rating might say for either course. conditions were very good (they did topdress the greens and not tell us one day; that was my only disappointing experience (other than double bogies) on the golf course).

there is a 'septic' odor that occassionally wafts through the course & resort (and makes its way into town and the other nearby resorts, too). I didn't find this to be too bad, but it may be cause to stay off your patio if it were facing inland and the breeze was toward you. that would be the only real negative about the resort as a whole, and as I said, this was not very prevalent, maybe 2 out of 14 nights we were there would it have been noticable.

I would certainly recommend this resort to anyone interested in golfing in Cabo, and even if not, I found it to be a smaller and quiet place that was great for relaxing, too. you can always find a beach in Cabo, sometimes the challenge is to get away from one.

Stayed April 2006
6 Thank rvtus
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 March 2006

This was my second visit to the resort, the first being in September, 2005.
A beautiful resort if you don't mind not being near the ocean and love golf as I do. The resort is smaller then most, and well off the highway, so it is quiet and peaceful, not something for people who want the hustle and bustle of downtown Cabo but perfect for those of us who need some peace and quiet.
The rooms are excellent and kept immaculately clean. The kithen in our unit was well apportioned and had everything we needed to prepare small meals (ie. breakfast and lunch.) although I'm sure I could've whipped up dinner, I was just too lazy.
The golf course is spectacular, however, I hope you're a long driver because, from the whites, it's over 6600 yards! The golf course staff was very attentative however the clubhouse is, to say the least, disappointing.
The resort staff was very attentive and I'm sure that the minor problems I had, (telephone numbers, resturaunt reccomendations etc...) was due to miscommunication... they tried extremely hard to please.
Avoid the pool bar, if you plan to have more than one cocktail, and mini mart, although convienent, they are both very pricey ($12 six-pac!)
The resturaunt is average but slightly overpriced on some things. They do have some excellent buffet style dinners on some nights(including lobster) but they're better bargains to be found in town.
The resort is at KM 4 so taxi's can be pricey ($20 one way) just to go to town. I recommend you rent an inexpensive vehicle and have it for all your travels, including too and from the airport!
My price saving recommendations for Cabo! Rent a car and stop at Costco on your way to the resort, it's about a km away, same side of the highway. Pick-up your drinks, bottled water, food, and take it to the resort on your way then you only unload once. Use your car to visit the beaches and downtown area...there are several free places to park, including the mall, and it'll save you $40 round trip. Go to a web site called Los Cabos Guide (use your search engine) and take advantage of the 35% off deals that they have for many resturaunts and attractions (a $100 meal at Enrique's is only $65.) I have yet to have a bad expierence with these vouchers and if you don't use them they're refundable! Enrique's is a Lobster House across the highway from the resort it's walkable and well worth the price. There's a small convience store just east of Enrique's, use it to by smaller items at much better prices. Above all don't forget to consider the resort's spa. They have a package that's not always advertised that includes an hour massage, 1/2 hour facial, manicure, and pedicure for $99...my girlfriend talked me into it and it was money well spent(my first manicure and pedicure by the way!)
All and all, if you want to party, get rowdy, and be within walking distance of everything downtown this is not the resort for you. If you like large resorts with thousands of people to watch...not for you! If you want some peaceful, quiet, relaxation, no beach vendors, beautiful rooms, and don't mind driving to town now and then this is a place to consider!

• Stayed December 2005