“Small, but nice.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Lynden, WA
“Small, but nice.”
Reviewed 16 October 2006

My wife and I stayed at the Vistazul Suites last week on our honeymoon for one night before moving on to the next stop of our trip. I booked this hotel because it was cheaper than the other resorts and we just needed a bed for the night.

We arrived at 1:00pm, and even though we were early they checked us right in. We were in our room in less than 15 minutes from arrival. Our room was a one bedroom suite with living room area, kitchen, dining table and two seperate balcony's overlooking the pool. The room was very cozy, and I could see the kitchen being very useful if we were staying there for longer. The bed was a double, and quite firm. I'm used to sleeping on a pillowtop so this was quite a change for me, but I slept just fine all night. The hotel is right off the main highway so there was noticable traffic noise when sitting at the pool, but I didn't hear it in the bedroom.

We ate dinner and breakfast at their restaurant and it was very good, no complaints about the food except their menu was pretty limited. There was also a gym and spa for massages near the pool, we used neither. The pool was great, it was nice and refreshing and not crowded at all. There was no beach access by the hotel, but you could walk down the street (10 minute walk) to the RIU and sit on that beach.

All in all I'd stay there again, but I'd rent a car to drive into the city to sit on the beach probably.

• Liked — Price, Location
  • Disliked — Small, No Beach Access
  • Tips/Secrets — Relax, you're on vacation, Rent a car
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
5 Thank RobbieD_82

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 30 May 2006

Got a timeshare week for Cabo at Vistazul Suites. As prior posts note, the condo sits right along Highway 1, main route through Cabo San Lucas. Traffic noise is definitely loud and beds are definitly hard. Bathroom size was disappointing too. During our stay, we could not make phone calls one day; we had no water another morning. Ten channels on the TV at most. Water heaters are extremely small - showers had to be quick (like two people in less than 5 minutes.) Hotel staff was kind, but I didn't feel the effort was there. Pool and property were nice and clean. Very nice gym and spa facility. No beach access from hotel, however. Definitely need a car to travel into Cabo San Lucas for beach and for restaurants and shopping. We ended up moving to a larger beach-front, all-inclusive resort midway through our stay.

• Stayed May 2006
6 Thank RLAL
Warren, Maine
Reviewed 25 January 2006

Courteous, friendly, and accommodating staff. The price was right, but we had a lousy night's sleep because the beds were as hard as the floor.

• Stayed December 2005
1 Thank airservant
Chicago suburb
Reviewed 21 January 2006

Okay,

i decided to go to cabo san lucas at the spur of the moment. I originally booked a room at the cabo real hotel in downtown cabo. a few days before the trip i logged in and re-read some of the reviews. i immediately switched my reservations to hotel vistazul-i am sooooo glad that i did! there were people on my flight that had rooms at the real hotel, when i bumped into them the next night, they said that it was horrible, their rooms were not clean etc. i tried not to rub it in that my hotel room was fabulous. hotel vistazul is about five to ten minutes from downtown-it is a brand new hotel. You can cross the highway to catch the bus for seventy cents or you can await the small white busses that take you into town for about twenty cents (be careful on the busses, some drivers will charge you up to five dollars if you do not know how much the fare is!) my room was very clean, i had access to anything i wanted, the employees knew me by name by the second day (i stayed there for five days). my theory is that they have to be hospitable because they do not have direct beach access. here is a list of what the hotel was lacking: no blow dryer, no ironing board, the highspeed internet was only accessible by the pool (this may have been due to my inability to get my laptop functioning though), and the beds were super super firm. The workout room was great, it has three levels (although the spa on the second level was not finished yet, use of the gym is included in the price of the hotel room!!!!!!!!!I would definitely stay here before i stayed anywhere else if and when i return to cabo. Carlos and Jesus at the front desk were phenominal!!!
by all means go to the glass factory. do not go with a tour group-if you go on your own, they will let you blow glass. there also have tons of unique drinkware and vases available for purchase.

7 Thank zambiasmith
Reviewed 20 January 2006

We stayed 4 days and had 2 rooms between 2 couples. This was our first time in Mexico so we were a little worried about what to expect. Things definately looked up when we arrived at the Vistazul. Jesus, the concierge, was extrememly helpful, and honest. The staff was courteous and responsive. The rooms were wonderful, and clean. The food at the hotel was good, and we ate there more often than anywhere else, no one got sick there or after we returned. Drawbacks were, a long walk to the beach, It's located in a more run down area, on the main highway and lastly, you have only a 10 gallon water heater in each room, so shower together or quickly.

• Stayed January 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 December 2005

My wife and I stayed here in October for 3 days. We were looking for a budget place. We got what looked like a deal from Hotwire, but it was just the official price posted in the hotel lobby. Here are some points we can think of:

* Very clean and nice rooms.
* Very well kept grounds.
* Small place, 32 rooms.
* Very friendly staff.
* My wife felt very safe.
* Great, on-site masseuse.
* While we were there they had just finished a great gym. You can do some serious weights and cardio there.
* Nice pool, you can order drinks from the restaurant.
* Restaurant food was OK. Great guacamole and fresh chips.
* Room service lacked professionalism (they forgot silverware and napkins), looks like its a new place and they needed to get this aspect right.
* Away from the Cabo city proper but easy to get to by the city by bus. Initially, we paid for cab rides $10 each way. Discovered later that there were buses plying right in front of the hotel that only cost 7 pesos. There was a bus every 10 minutes and the ride took less than 5 minutes.
* It is away from the beach it will take you a good 10-15 minute treck to get to the beach.
* It is right next to a major highway. To us the noise from traffic was bearable. May not be for others.

• Stayed October 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 19 November 2005

We just got bakc from a "quick get away" ... This hotel is near the beach. Room was ok , bathroom is upgraded, but i really have to complain about the bed my back hurts sooo bad! its soo hard!!! A/C was not working and i dont have a telephone inside the room, which i brought to their attention and no action was made for 2 days. DOWNTOWN/MALL/MARINA IS ABT 10MINS AWAY...INSIDE THE MALL YOU'LL FIND CHINESE/JAPANESE RESTAURANTS ->>> CHEAPER!!! =)

• Stayed November 2005