We stayed in Finisterra week of Christmas. The location is fantastic! you wake up to the sounds of the ocean and beautiful view from the room. The restaurant is fabulous - great views and the breakfast buffet lovely. Facilities and rooms are maintained clean. And staff helpful. ....Unfortunately there are some negatives that take away from the otherwise enjoyable experience which I hope they will address:
1) A very unprofessional and un-helpful concierge. All days of our 4 night stay, we found the same guy - he was only interested in selling us promotions and pretty much refused to even book our shuttle/taxi to airport because we were paying for the shuttle with a coupon that Playa Grande had given us! I think the hotel should separate the duties of a concierge and a promotions salesman or stop claiming they have a concierge service
2) The bathroom needs updating. Very old stuff (example the toilet seat keeps slamming your back, caked-up paint (hopefully that is what it was!) on the toilet seat....you get the idea.
3) The WiFi works fine in the lobby but almost never works in the rooms. Ofcourse when you are in CSL it is criminal to be sitting in the room and browsing instead being out in the beach - but it is a useful feature if it works. In our case I wanted to use skype to call abroad and having to go out to the lobby everytime is a pain at night
4) CAUTION: they have telephones & a placard that clearly say in bold letters that 800 calls to USA & Canada carry no charge - NOT TRUE. When I asked the operator to check and confirm she said that was before March 2012 - I guess they changed the policy but never updated the signs. Also all the numbers on the phones (to call concierge, front desk etc) are invalid - you have to call 0. My guess is they changed telcom contract and never bothered to update the rooms and the phones
4) The beds are old and backpain is guaranteed
This is going to be a GREAT RESORT if they will just do these small updates and changes. In spite of these issues we will go there again if the price is right because positives far outweigh the negatives - I am just sad what should have been an easy 5* becomes a 3 for lack of such issues!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico