Here is a break down of our stay here for a week.
Check in - after a long flight and little to eat we just wanted to relax. After checking in at reception, they sent us to the concierge. The lady at the concierge started discussing appointments for Time share property viewings. We told her we would like to come back in a few hours after we have freshened up and book it then. She told us it will take a couple of minutes. Turns out, it took about 20 minutes more while we booked it.
Rooms - we had a junior ocean view suite. The room had received an uplift and the view was absolutely beautiful. You could see the pools and the ocean from the balcony.
Restaurants -the service at Don Diego and the pool side main bar and restaurant was perfect. Alfredo at the bar makes some of the best drinks I have had in a while. Servers are very helpful in these two restaurants. The Tortuga restaurant is awful. We were sat and ignored twice by the servers at the restaurant. During the day if you choose to use this bar instead of the main pool side bar, the bartender is almost certain to ignore you or carry on with his work. You need a reservation for dinner at this place and the Blue Marlin Italian restaurant. I think during off season, they are open every other night. The food at Blue Marlin is nothing special. Just an average Italian menu of pizzas and pastas.
Wifi - this was by far our biggest issue. Even though they advertise to be a Wifi hotel, they are NOT. There was no Wi-Fi in our entire floor and the only place we seemed to get any reception was the top restaurants and the reception and one of the pool areas. It was very frustrating to be leaving your room to check emails. What's worse was that they don't have any lobby computers the guests could use.
Mishaps - one of the nights our water cooler in our room broke. Room service sent someone to fix it. The person wiped the cooler down and the floor and left. After we came back from the town several hours later, the water cooler had been entirely removed from the room. We had no drinking water in the room. The reception said they shall fix it. Next morning we were supposed to go para sailing but one of us drank the tap water the night before and got sick. And the water cooler was still not in our room after breakfast. After several trys Marcel, one of the hotel managers helped us out and was very accommodating.
Entertainment - Raymondo is an awesome entertainer. He has high energy and ready to party nomatter how busy or how slow it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico