We stay in CABO every year at another resort. This year, we decided to add on to the end of planned vacation and stay all inclusive for TWO DAYS at Sandos Finisterra. Let me start by saying the food was decent, the drinks were cold, the resort is beautiful and parts have been newly renovated. We checked and were greeted with champagne. The person that greeted us immediately started in with the time share schpeel. We are smart and know how to avoid that. WE BOOKED THROUGH EXPEDIA- were supposed to have round trip airport shuttle wich we spent 45 minutes with concierge trying to figure out HOW TO use it! Something about a voucher?) The manager, Marcel, explained that we had purchased a room with one king bed and no pull out bed couch. We showed him the confirmation and said "It says request- not required"...Ohhhkay....so he showed us the room on the ground level that would be similar to the one that we paid for. It smelled like a dog slept in the corner and was hideous. He then walked us to the FURTHEST building and showed us a beautiful room that would accommodate our family for an extra $100. Whatever, we upgraded- not wanting to sleep in a dog bed. We upgraded, paid part cash and part Credit Card and went to go eat lunch because the room wasn't ready. We came back at 4:30 (check in was at 3pm) to pick up our room keys because we had checked in earlier....We were told that we had to stand in line AGAIN for 45 minutes to get the room keys! There was a lot of people checking in but we had already done it! Give me the keys and we will be on our way! I guess they were pissed that we were only there for 2 days and we said NO to the timeshare. There were MANY people in the check out line complaining about the same things. On our last day, right before check out we were all packed up and we headed to breakfast when our room key DIDN'T OPEN THE DOOR!~ I called down to the front desk - explained that we were about to check out and the key didnt open the door. Gina told me I had to come all the way down to the front desk for a new key. I go down to the front desk and Eduardo gave me a new key. Guess what? IT STILLL DIDNT WORK! 2 hours later a locksmith came and fixed it.
HERES THE DOOSEY....Upon check out they had NO RECORD OF OUR CASH PAYMENTS THAT WE MADE FOR THE ROOM RESERVATION TWO DAYS PRIOR. (Paid part cash and part CC) Eduardo made up some excuse about 'management must have put the cash in the safe'. We spend a considerable amount of time in Cabo but will NEVER EVER go to Finnistera. Oh, and to top it all off- our family did a painiting craft by the pool one day and because I was so flustered at the front desk losing my cash I forgot to pick up my souvenir. I have called NON STOP since Ive been back and CANT GET THROUGH. SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE- RUN AS FAR AWAY FROM FINISTERRA AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN. NIGHTMARE! Shame on Expedia too for not providing airport transfer tickets on my itinerary....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico