UGH… We spent a little more $$ to stay here than the last resort we went to thinking that we would love it and it would be super classy.
When we arrived early, there was no room ready even though we had specifically asked for early check-in. The staff at check-in were not very nice or efficient. We were told to go eat while we waited, but when my hubby asked for details on where to eat there, we were told we would have to wait till we came back and had a "meeting" with her! (when we came to meet her, it was basically her convincing us to go to timeshare presentation). There are two places to go eat during the day. We went to the "turtle" and waited a half hour for water and some chips. They were SO slow and we were SO hungry. And things on the menu, they didn't have. There was no place to go and grab a snack, you had to go look at a menu and wait for a server to take your order. It took forever!!
After 7 hours, despite the resort seeming empty and hardly anyone around, we were able to get a room on the 4th floor. The view was technically an ocean view so we were okay with that..... we had no stock in our little fridge and the little water jug leaked all the time. But the room was okay and comfortable enough for me. Slept actually amazingly – that is until each morning 8am drilling, stomping and banging from above would wake us. Every. Day. We did complain a couple of times since it’s a bit early for the ruckus but nothing happened to change it. Also, the cleaners didn't seem to do much - we sometimes didn't receive fresh towels and would be tying to dry off with a tiny cloth!! I don't know what that was about, it's just towels!
The pools were nice and the beach was always pretty much empty. So there was lots of privacy. And you could always get a chair. The ocean is ferocious here though. So do not try to swim here or you will drown for sure. Again – if you want to get a snack or think a server is going to come around to offer you anything, plan to wait it out.
The buffet was terrible. I was sick a lot and we ended up going off resort to eat a number of times. I am gluten intolerant and I don’t have that high of expectations – but the food was tasteless and they didn’t have warmers. They would run out of dishes or a food item and they would stay empty! The breakfast buffet was not good either... I expected a lot of fresh Mexican food and there was hardly any. If I asked to clarify a dish had no wheat in it – they would say no and I would still get ill. They had 2 a la carte options – the day we went to book the lady informed us it was Mexican. When we went later that evening very much excited to eat it– they said no. It is Italian tonight. They alternate. Every single item had wheat in it and I could not have anything off the menu – which I understand if it is pasta etc – but not once did anyone make an effort to get me some chips and salsa or just anything so I could have something at least. Even my husband was getting frustrated, he said his pasta was cold, no flavor and like a soup. I will mention that the view you have off the buffet area is fantastic. And the servers were very kind to us.
Other than the location – the resort was a huge disappointment. We did like the area. You could easily walk to places and feel that you are quite safe. There are some nice swimmable beaches a short water taxi ride away…. Note never pay more than 4.00/each for a ride!! The marina was close to the resort. The actual busy part of the marina with shops etc is about a 15 – 20 min walk away. We loved that bit. We would take a walk down there all the time to check out shops and look for food!
I think there is some potential for this to be a nice resort but our experience was not so good, :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico