Please take my word for it, you will absolutely LOVE your stay here!
We were a couple that stayed here in addition to 5 other family members. We stayed from November 23rd to November 30th. Myself and my boyfriend were complimentary upgraded to a newly renovated bay-view suite...probably the best hotel room I've EVER stayed in. If you have the option to stay in one of these rooms, DO it! You will not be disappointed, the furnishings were amazing, very quiet, clean and the views were amazing. I loved having a rain shower, separate tub and king-sized bed.
Construction is seriously non-existent, you would be hard pressed to find much going on. They must be nearly done as it was not an issue at all. Best of all, the price we paid won't represent what they'll likely charge when they're 100% done - I would have expected to pay a lot more to stay at a resort like this.
-Food was delicious, Don Diego's doesn't represent your typical all-inclusive buffet fare. Having a fresh-to-order omellet every morning was amazing! Lots of choices, all the correct temperature, the daily smoothies were unreal. Dinner at the buffet was just as great, each night they have a different theme (BBQ, French, etc). Blue Marlin is sit-down Italian dinner, I really enjoyed the pizza and pasta. Our group seemed to love the flan dessert, a must try. The beachside restaurant was great as well, we literally had BABY SEA TURTLES coming up the beach towards the restaurant while we were having dinner - what an amazing experience to not only see them and but release them to the ocean! Poolside restaurant had great Mexican/American choices, I'll miss the chips/guacamole and seafood options.
-Drinks were great, not watered down at all and were made to order correctly. They even did a great Caesar - Canadians you will love them! Order as many as you like at a time. Service was quicker through a server then going to the bar yourself. Bring some tip money with you and you're set.
-Room service is 24/7 and was awesome! I waited no more than 10 minutes late one night for a 9 inch pizza - it was delicious, hot and quick! Can't beat that! Large menu too for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night snacks. Definitely take advantage of this perk!
-Location, location, location! You will love how close you are to the marina (5 minute walk) but how far away you feel from all of the hustle/bustle when back at the resort. It's the best of both worlds! Their pictures offer a great view of what to expect, loved the layout, how clean everything was, easy to get around and get your bearings.
-Cleanliness. This place is exceptionally clean; I had zero complaints. Grounds were well kept, we constantly saw people cleaning/landscaping. Housecleaning did a fantastic job, our room was always spotless and towels/products replenished.
-Spa is so unique! As a regular massage client, I was throughly impressed with how beautiful the spa really was. It is a perfect blend of beauty and tranquility. We had a couple's massage, great value and overall experience. Please treat yourself!
-Gym is brand spanking new. As a couple that works out regularly, we couldn't believe how new the equipment was, nice and air conditioned, great view of the bay.
-Pool area is great. There's an adults only pool featuring a swim-up bar, we had a lot of fun playing bingo, sipping on drinks and relaxing. The chairs are high quality and they even have queen sized bed loungers to lay in. Best part is, no need to claim your spot or fight over chairs, the resort has more than enough to go around. Pools themselves aren't heated, which was fine considering how hot it was out, but they have tons of different hot tubs to sit in should you need to warm up a little. Pool service was great, it's usually only one or two guys managing the whole area so I was really impressed with how quick they were and how friendly they made us feel.
-Tipping is very much appreciated, we brought ~$50 each in 1's/5's and you can tell this goes a long way. Servers were attentive, friendly and did their best to accomodate your every request.
-As great as the service is, it is not always consistent. You'll find out fairly quickly who tries and who simply goes through the motions. English language barrier might have been the issue, but overall, service was quick, friendly and accurate. Keep in mind you're on vacation so if it takes a few extra minutes for things, what's the rush?
-The beach towel service is not consistent at all. Instead of a poolside area that gives you them for the day, housekeeping stocks them in your room each night. We found that we only received new poolside towels 50% of the time. So a quick trip to the front desk was needed to get them ourselves. Not a huge problem, but a little annoying.
-Stones Club (onsite disco/bar) is brand new, renovated and clean. Not much of a vibe here on certain nights, that may be because people went to the marina to party instead. So if you get enough people to come with, it has the potential to be awesome. Great sound system and speedy service - just super dead, like 1 or 2 people sometimes.
Overall Sandos FInisterra, we were so happy with our vacation and really enjoyed staying at your beautiful resort. You can tell a lot of effort is being made to make this place great, keep up the good work and we hope to see you again!!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico