We stayed at the Finisterra the last week of November and the first week of December. This was first time at this resoprt and our second time in Cabo San Lucas and have stayed in Mexico many times over the past 20 years.
The property is gorgeous, perched high on the mountain and overlooking both the Pacific Ocean and the Marina. The grounds are well kept and the engineering involved in the building is amazing. Our room was spacious and comfortable on the sixth floor facing the Pacific and the Pool area. We watched whales from our room many days. Our check in was very smooth and quick, though others in our party did experience extreme problems with the process. We found the staff extremely helpful, though the front counter staff did create quite a problem for the others in our party.Which the Hotel management worked hard at correcting!
The restaurants were all very good as were the bars. I really liked the larger than normal poolside glasses used at the pool bar. The drinks seemed to always be top notch and for Canadians it was nice to be able to order a Caeser in Mexico. (not always possible)
The Cupcake Cafe was a nice touch but could use more staff as at times it backed up a bit but was always worth the wait.
The best thing about the hotel was the staff. Always helpful and prompt. They were fun to interact with and over our two weeks became friends.
The rooms were well maintained and immaculate. The bar fridge was well stocked and stayed that way everyday. The location of the hotel was great. A very private beach and yet a five minute walk to the marina. Water taxis anywhere ranged from 5 - 7 dollars. We did find people that had paid up to $90.00 for an arches tour and were in the same boat we just paid $7.00 for! Be careful.
Only thing I would suggest is to add Bacon to the morning menu. Two weeks there and no Bacon!
There IS very good snorkelling in Cabo...just not off the beach. Pelican Rock gives you some excellent snorkelling with fish species that rivals even the Mayan Coral reef. Five dollar water taxi ride from the dock. Also don't miss going to Medano Beach and the Mango Deck...a lot of fun. Another five dollar water taxi ride (round trip)
Overall Impression....would we go back? Didn't want to leave and we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico