Let me start this off I should do more reviews but I don't its like the old saying if you are disappointed you tell 10 people if you like it you tell 2. Well seeing how I was baited into coming back to the property by a outside company that showed me the Junior suite at a very good price I could not pass up as my first trip was fantastic in Oct 2013. And the this deal was smoking hot.I thought I'd bring my husband back and this was a great deal this might work for my husband and I to buy into the whole Royal Club. As we have been known to take up to 4 nice vacations a year and lots of side trips to Mexico. Turned out not for us. Resort to far away to vest in promises that may or may not come. Especially seeing how it was run over the last 5 days.
So the way we see it this time around if you are not a soon to be member or a Royal Elite member your a second class guest. Let me explain our first day we were meet for our 830am time share appointment. It was explained to us we did not pay to be there the room was free so that is why we were given the crappy room that was mosquito infested and right in the lobby. I let that slide you really do not spend you time in your room.
But here is the information for anyone again if your not part of the Royal Elite your going to get a very hard bed this I know as like I said when I started this post I stayed here before in the Junior suite on the hill. They no longer offer bottle water at the resort they put a water cooler in your room. This freaked me out a little as who knows when it was cleaned last or if the person before you might have tampered with the system. So no water until you run down the hill to the mini mart. This system is new as we had bottle water before. I mentioned mosquito old and new as when they were smacked prior to our arrival they were left on the wall the dead bug smeared it was not cleaned I have pictures of our arrival into this room and their were spots that had dead ones in lots of places. Just ask will I be happy to send them. But that is not even the best part. Every day we had a very nice maid and guy to fill our fridge. The problem wasn't the cleaning of our room it was the towels were taken even if left hanging and not brought back. So every night we wanted to go to dinner I would have to call for towels. Which they were great about bring to us. So room wasn't dirty just not kept up and in dire need of make over.
The good news for those that can't go with out your WIFI the hotel has lots of connections and it great unless you want to look up a Restaurant and its reviews. Yes you guessed it they block tripadvisor. We had to laugh as if I was going to write a review of the hotel while I am at the hotel. So blocking me when I am trying to figure out where to eat that was funny. That being said they can't block my home so here is my review.
Moving on to the food the first night we decided to go to Don Diego it was Asian night. Everything was pretty much fried and tasted the same. It was kinda gross and I passed on most of the food I tired to eat. This also serviced as the breakfast buffet in the AM the line for the egg station was the best as it was fresh and made to order. Do not get me wrong they had great fruits and baked goods it was the bacon that sat or the running scrambled eggs. Most morning i just skipped it.
We did there party on Friday night for the 4th of July it was the first time I every had to stand in line behind the employee's to get food kinda interesting and no we were not late. But yes we didn't stay long.
They have change Agave as well we ate here a couple of times off the menu and yes they still have a menu they just do not tell you as it too is a buffet. We found it was good and service was great. I wish I could remember the employee's name he made the place during lunch. If I think of it I will update.
But for the most part we stuck to the grill by the pool. This was fresh and cooked while you wait and you saw it done. The fruit was good and the meats being served were the best. Our little pool waiter David was the best very nice and if he couldn't find what we were looking for he found a way to get it. But on Sunday the pool bar (Agave) Ran out of not only Ice but beer at around 3pm in the afternoon. We wanted to try Agave for dinner and as it seem at 7pm they were still had no beer or Ice had to run to the beach restaurant to fill our orders.
Went to the bar where like I said was there 6 months ago Asking for Captain Morgan or Havanna club we were told at one place sorry that is only for Royal members. I found that to be old because I had been drinking it before. My husband finally found a bar that they would service Jack and coke but when you moved out got the same responds. So need less to say we did not do much drinking in the bars.
That being said we had a nice time but would this not be my first choice for luxury are even Avg for now. I am sure it will come back once things are done. The grounds are very nice except for 5 days the waterfall was turned off again big disappointment but they are far from me staying here again.
If you are okay with so so this the place for you. As for the location its prime. So I hope it doesn't take long to make everyone feel welcome not just the Royal club.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico