My wife and I spent a week at Sandos Finisterra for our first anniversary. First off, this resort has the best view in Los Cabos. Perfect view of the marina and Cabo San Lucas, and also a beautiful view over the ocean. You cannot have a better view in Cabo San Lucas.
Food. Amazing! Don Diego buffet had amazing breakfast, and amazing theme night dinners. Agave was perfect for Mexican food which you could order inside the restaurant or pool side. I didn't think Tortuga was all that, but that's just me. The Cupcake Cafe was really good too, although, we had a hard time getting chocolate cupcakes, as they were always out of them, and didn't seem to bake enough of them, but they also had amazing smoothies.
The service was pretty good. The first day I was at the swim up bar, in the morning, and 10 of the bar staff were crowded around the TV watching the game, and I had a hard time getting a drink, but after that i stayed poolside rather than at the swim up bar, as it got too loud there in the afternoon. The waitstaff around the pools were amazing, and always made sure you had a drink.
There's always something going on, and the entertainment was really good at this resort. Oliver and Dinelly were very outgoing and knew how to get a crowd going. Lots of activities, games and shows, if you're into that sort of thing.
One negative thing is that the maid service was a bit inconsistent and not all that impressive. Some days no towels were left in the bathroom, other days, no hand towels. Sometimes we found that we had tracked in sand from the beach and it hadn't been cleaned up. We had expected something special for our first anniversary, like turn down service, and although a bottle of white wine was left in the room, no turn-down service was provided.
Other than minor things like that, it was amazing, and would go back in a heart beat. If you are courteous and friendly you will be met with the same. Some of the negative reviews on here are a bit harsh in my opinion, and you just can't please some people. Appreciating the staff that works so hard to give you a pleasant experience goes a long way.
Audel "Audi" was our friendly bellboy who was always friendly, and although we didn't see him often, he was always there when we needed something, whether it be advice on things to do in town, or what taxi to use.
We are missing Cabo already, and can't wait to return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers and Booking.com so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico