Stayed at Sandos Finisterra from 26 Jul-2 Aug.
We went through Apple vacations but opted for a private transfer to resort used Cielto. They were right there for us with water and beer in the car. Would recommend them and use them again.
The one thing we may not do again is go in July. The humidity was a killer.
Made it through the airport quickly last flight to arrive.
Meet by the bellman and directed to the front desk(no champagne),The young lady working the desk was very friendly.
We were in building 5 room 5103.
Surprised how big the room was.
Loved that it looked over the Marina and the Dolphin Show.
The room was always cleaned by the time we went back to the room.
The room could use a little fix here and there.
The refrigerator was stocked but husband did not like the beer chose Tecate so never touched.They had Pepsi not my favorite but it was okay.
Did use the water in the cooler but wish that had bottles.
Like that it look over the Dolphin show was good free entertainment when we went up and to see the Dolphins practicing on their own
The view of the Marina was also an extra watching the boats go in and out and the people walking around.
Didn't expect the food to be as good as it was
Don Diegos ate here first night didn't expect the selection we had.Ate dinner here twice.
Ate breakfast here every morning service here is was hit or miss.But the buffet was huge.There was something for everyone here.
Did lunch once okay.
EMILIANO'S the Italian restaurant.Very nice restaurant ate here twice.
Husband had the Oso Bucco both times and said it was the best he had ever had.I had the stuffed chicken breast,first time delicious second time it smelled and tasted like fish so didn't eat it.
The appetizers and the Parmesan soup were very good.
Ate lunch here just about everyday.Food was okay and like the buffet they also had set-up besides the the ala carte menu.
Did seem though that every meal something was not brought out.
Did the steak house here 2 nights.The maitre had suggested the T-bone it was okay but the next time we did the rib eye and it was great.
Had the opportunity to do lunch here one afternoon with the resort GM Paulino Emiliano.He is such a nice gentleman and really wants feed back on the good and bad of the resort.
Had the best hamburger here where is actually cooked how you want it.
Husband had mentioned how hot the pool area bathrooms were and Mr.Emiliano checked it out and said he would put an air conditioner in there.If anyone is going let us know if it happens.
The pool service around the pool was outstanding. After the first day Francisco knew exactly what we wanted.
The first time we headed to the pool was going to do the adult only(not really adult only) but a gentleman stopped us and said we would like the lower pool better and that is where we stayed for 7 days.
The adult pool was standing room only some days. With kids and adults using the bar as a diving board.
Loved our pool could place your chair right in the water. This time of year though water was like bathwater.
I don't think we encountered one staff person who was not friendly and helpful.
We got to meet Lorenia the web relations person. She was so nice which we could have said good bye to her.
Mimi the concierge again went out of her way to get s in contact with Apple Vacations.
The wait staff were great,Oscar in Ajave,Gilberto.
The entertainment staff especially Eric and his boss couldn't have been more friendly. Just about everyday Eric showed up with a jar full of something for us to guess the count.
We loved the Whaler Bar not just for drinks but because it was air conditioned. And really like the bartender there can't remember his name.
One thing I would like them to rethink is to keep this bar open till 1100 or midnight.10 is o early to close it.
Can not forget the CupCake. Husbands first stop at 7a and on our way back to the room. Loved the manager here.
The one person that stood out is the Gm Paulino Emilian. Had lunch with him and he wanted to know what could be better with the property.. Gave him a few ideas. Saw him walking the property a lot. Checking things out.
Leaving we were waiting for the Apple transfer which never showed up and the head bellman quickly got us a taxi.
Know I have forgotten a few things.
Had a great time better than I thought we would have. We are a no kids no bands couple but would go back in a heart beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Odigeo, Booking.com, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico