“Wonderful, Relaxing Vacation”

Ranked #24 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Simi Valley, California
“Wonderful, Relaxing Vacation”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a wonderful relaxing Vacation. When we first arrived they did not have the room that we had requested but her very apologetic and extremely accomodating. Riggo at the front desk was super helpful in getting us what we asked for. The pools were the perfect temperature. The pool activities her fun and the staff hosting them were extremely friendly and knew us by name. Gilberto was our waiter at the pool. He waited on us every day we were there. He was extremely friendly and was always quick to bring us our drinks. The food was great, the atmosphere was great. The view is AMAZING! We were most pleased with the friendly, helpful staff,The only down side was not getting to swim in the beach,

Room Tip: 4th Floor or higher. Tip people that serve you, it will go a long way.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mrshansen2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (803)
  • Polish first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Sandos finistera is awesome place to stay. It's clean and everyone is soo friendly. The best restaurant to eat when u are there is Don diego. Our waiter Oscar and Jorge were the best waiters to have serve us. Good job

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have to say this hotel is exactly what I hoped for. Being my first time in Cabo San Lucas and Mexico I wasn't sure what to expect although I had heard great things about Cabo.

Sandos Finisterra is located on a beautiful property and the hotel itself is modern and up to date. The stock pictures of the hotel are indeed accurate. Something most people worry about are mosquitoes; there are none what so ever as this hotel is situated on a dry, mountainous region. Despite the fact that it was supposed to rain almost everyday during my trip, it only rained on the last day I was there and even then the sun came out by the afternoon. There are many choices for excursions as well (choose wisely) and the town nearby is safe for tourists.

Our flight was delayed for 6 hours so we arrived at the resort around midnight yet the staff made our check in quick and comfortable. We were even upgraded to a two bedroom suite with an ocean view and a massive living room to accommodate our family. The room was amazing with a large balcony and incredible views. Our room was always kept stocked and a cleaning lady Lannete did a wonderful job every day. At first our fridge was not working but that was quickly fixed. One thing I would have preferred is for the water cooler powered so that the water can come out cool instead of warm. We had to get ice all the way down the hall if we wanted cold water.

The food and food selection was much better than I would have ever expected at an all-inclusive resort. Whether it was Don Diego (buffet), Emiliano's (Italian restaurant), or Agave by the pools, it was all great. There is also room service late into the night if you get hungry. There was even a sushi bar at the buffet one night. Drinks were all around terrific; cold beer and strong mixed drinks.

What stands out about Sandos Finisterra for me though is the staff. Everyone was courteous, respectful, and friendly even if their English was limited. Sandos Entertainment and Sports Team are what made this trip unforgettable and one that I may take again at Sandos Finisterra in Cabo. My first experience was with Dinelli who was always dancing (and dancing well) and kept the atmosphere lively at all times. She went all out to get me my shirt which I had won on the first day in one of the Entertainment Team's poolside games after missing the award ceremony at the nightly shows. In the end I came away with a t-shirt, a Sandos Tequila bottle, and 2 shot glasses, all great souvenirs. Next is Jenny ("from the block") whom I consider a friend after my stay at Sandos and definitely my favorite person at the resort. She was always sociable and made the experience for my entire family extraordinary. Then there was sweet Alexia who was the most shy out of the group but also another great addition to the resort. I will miss you 3 and thanks for all the great memories. Also a shout out to Eric the comedian of the team (¡Sí Señor!) Overall the daytime and nighttime entertainment was superb and of course all included at no extra charge. As I said before they made my stay worth while and are an indispensable part of Sandos. That being said tip your entertainment staff at the end of your stay or at least your favorites! They deserve it.

Overall this is a great place to go and do not hesitate to have your next vacation at Los Cabos here whether your going with your family, friends, as a couple, or on your own. I will certainly be back at Sandos Finisterra soon.

Room Tip: -Make sure to get a room on the second floor or above so that you have a private balcony that only y...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ken_QM
San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We chose this hotel because 1) the price, 2) the location, 3) it was all inclusive. The grounds of the hotel are amazing, the service was great, and the drinks were strong. The food was just meh and there isn't much variety so by the 5th day we were pretty bored. Even though they have multiple restaurants, they have the same recipes for some things, so the carne asada and ceviche were the same across the entire resort. It is not up to par with cruise ship food. I have a medically diagnosed, severe gluten intolerance, so I was limited with my food choices but everyone was very accommodating and I never went hungry. "Lo tiene trigo?" became a common question. I was never glutened the entire trip!

Upon check-in, we were not given any champagne, but we were told the hotel was totally booked, so they gave us a complimentary upgrade from the lowest priced rooms to the nicest rooms up on the cliffs with a wraparound balcony and views of the marina, ocean, and a private hot tub. Sweet! Our first night after dinner, we went out to the beach and laid in one of the lit beds and listened to the waves. A guy popped up out of nowhere with a cold bottle of champagne and two glasses. I can get used to this!

We did have some issues with room service, as I've read in other reviews. Our orders simply did not come, or came an hour after the quoted time. Also, when you order a sausage and mushroom omelette, apparently sausage = cut up hot dogs. We also fought with the towel guy at the pool, who was insistent that even though we had wristbands and the towel key, that he could not give us towels. We would just bring towels down from the room and have housekeeping replace them.

I wish the food was more authentic Mexican, and less Americanized. I also wish the hours were better on the restaurants, because we ended up eating the very limited room service menu more often than we would like because restaurants were closed. However, the resort and accommodations were beautiful, the staff was friendly and helped us practice our Spanish, everything was impeccably clean.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank missalexbell
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

First off, you can't find a better location than this place... You can walk across the street and be in the marina and downtown near Cabo Wabo and other hotspots. You can walk a little further through the marina and around to the swimmable Medano Beach, which was nice and scenic! You are also on the private beach that only houses three other resorts so that is a plus! The service at the resort was never outstanding, the food was always just ok and we always felt like we needed to tip just because the servers always seemed so annoyed and impersonal. Especially at agave steak house, where we also happened to see one waiter eating food off of our plates that were sitting in the window. A different night, my husband payed extra for a lobster tail for our dinner which was beyond delicious! (So they can go out of their way when you pay enough.) We loved Cabo and the location of this resort, but the service, food and drinks were just okay. One time our shower curtain fell down and it took a day and half to get someone up to fix it. Oh and the landscaping and the actual resort was beautiful. If you get a good deal, it's worth it. We had a blast because we could just let all the negatives go and enjoy the positives.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JordanSchaffer5
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

Ismael Valladares is the bartender in the VIP pool bar. I never went anywhere else. He made our stay fantastic. Thank you Ismael!! The food in the restaurants is good not great but the grounds are gorgeous.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Erin R
Mountain View, California, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

It was our first visit to Cabo and we like it! The hotel was great, we have booked a packedge on Expedia and it was great deal - very very big room with ocean view. The service is excellent, beach for swimming in walking distance (10-15 minutes). The food and restaurans are very very good!!! Recommend this hotel for couples!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
Barcelo Gran Faro Los Cabos
#13 of 42 in San Jose del Cabo

Been to Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos? Share your experiences!