“Absolutely beautiful!”

Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos
Ranked #25 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Absolutely beautiful!”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We went for our honeymoon and this place was wonderful! Great staff, food, rooms and amazing views! I loved it so much we are already planning our next trip back! They did everything in their power to make sure we enjoyed our visit. They also have great activities on the resort so there is no need to take a taxi anywhere!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Thale22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (778)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Rooms 1 or 3.75 star:
First day started in old rooms with gorgeous ocean and pool views. million dollar view was unbelievable. However our room never got cool enough. I would rate old rooms (all rooms in main hotel) as a 1 (unacceptable heat in room, old, ugly, outdated, gorgeous view). After complaining proving room was warm they moved us. Thank God. The new room was updated to what I would give as a 3.75 star, nice, clean, new, and much cooler. Problem solved and much appreciated!

Food 2.5 star:
Food is not good. However its not terrible. Barely tolerable is the best term. Alcohol is severely watered down bottom shelf crap. stay away from alcohol in all area's except vip area's. Vip is only place to get a real drink. Buffett is your best choice here. It's ok at best. Coffee bar (cupcake something) is awesome. Lattes, cappuccinos, you name it. Our favorite spot.

Staff 5 star:
Always smiling, helpful, and nice. We had zero issues with staff. As a matter of fact we really got to know and like some staff. CAPITAN my nickname for bartender in VIP area. Just an absolute pleasure to talk to and made our days very pleasant. Checkin was also super pleasant with exception of the severe heat in the lobby (hottest place in cabo i think).

Location 5 star:
Location is perfect. Walk to end of driveway and there is the marina. from there you can walk, taxi, or boat taxi anywhere. Best views period!! Location is superb.

SO THE MILLION $ QUESTION: Would I book another week here? The short answer ya, long answer ONLY if i was in VIP room and area and got a good deal. I would not pay extra to stay here in an VIP room. The VIP area is a "normal" ok resort room in which you loose the gorgeous views. So Hotel's term is VIP, I call it Normal.

Room Tip: main hotel rooms are not good except for the view which is awesome. they are also very hot. VIP room...
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I visited Cabo August 12 - 17th and stayed @ Sandos Finisterra. All of the staff memebers were very nice and accommodating! This property has sits high on a cliff and has the best views of Cabo. It is within walking distance to the Marina and Downtown Cabo. Sandos is an all inclusive resort with great restaurants, an awesome night club, and whale watchers lounge. They offer beach entertainment and shows. So you really don't have to leave the grounds to party. I fell in love with the staff @ Don Diego's Restaurant. Lorenzo is the best! If there was something I didn't care for on the buffett Lorenzo made sure to get me what my pallet desired. The oceanview rooms are big, spacious, and clean. However the could use a bit more decoration. I suggest you stay in the upgraded section. The rooms are georgous and modern and suits my taste to the tee. I would definetly recommend anyone to stay @ Sandos Finisterra Los Cabo! My new found gem.

Room Tip: The oceanview rooms are big, spacious, and clean. However the could use a bit more decoration. I sug...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank LadyT137
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We strongly recommend this Resort , Great service good food. And All the employees are very friendly. Our stay in Sandos was a wonderfull experience, from the lobby, Romo celan the pool área And restauran everything nice And celan.

• Stayed August 2014
Guttenberg, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Let me just by saying that this resort is reaching maximum potential.. it is absolutely gorgeous!

I came here with a group of my girlfriends to celebrate my 26th birthday and it was perfect after our quick room change. (our original room was right in front of the huge hut and I didnt want the pool noise seeping into our room).

The front desk manager Elysses was a sweetheart. He made sure everything went smooth with our Oceanview Suite and if anything was out of order, he was always approachable and amicable.

The staff really makes this resort more amazing than what it already is. There are always smiles on their faces, they are always willing to help and they give you the best recommendations on where to go, what to see and what to do. By the second day, everyone knew and called me by my name and that added a special touch to the whole stay.

The location is PRIME. Just a short walk down the driveway leads you straight to La Marina/downtown. We were able to walk this all of the nights we were there without a problem. The area is super safe. We were a group of 5 ladies, and not once did we feel threatened.

The food is excellent for an all-inclusive. Not once did I feel sick or queezy during the stay. Everything was delicious except for the cupcakes at the cupcake cafe. They were a bit stale. The fish and shrimp tacos at Agave were EXCELLENT! i had to have an order every day I was there, that's how good they were.

Wifi is available throughout most of the property. Some areas are shaky with connection but for the most part, you will get connection. You're on vacation anyway though, so keep the phone use to a minimum! =)

I had a great time. Cabo is stunning and I'm already planning my trip back. Don't let the negative reviews fool you. This is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Oceanview rooms away from the pool are the best!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Summerland, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was our second visit this year to the Sandos and had the same wonderful experience as we did at Spring Break. (This time we booked a private car from Àirport Cabo and they were great, on time, newer Suburban with refreshments!) Once at the hotel, we were greeted by the same great staff and received the beautiful accommodations that we requested in the Finisterra Section. Many of the staff remembered us and gave us the same care and attention throughout the entire week. (Too many to name here -but named in a separate e-mail sent to the GM, Paulino, for their deserved recognition).
The property is immaculate, spacious and well laid out. It has been at almost 100% capacity when we`ve been there and it never appears crowded. You don`t have to fight for a pool chair or stand in long line-ups at the restaurants! The evening activities, beach parties and the disco are lots of fun! Food at all restaurants were consistently very good (I always have a few suggestions to management to make it even better. For example, I suggested Eggs Benedict last time, and it was on the menu this summer. It was the best that I`ve had in Cabo, and I`ve tried a quite few different restaurants over the years! My point is, no resort is perfect, but it`s refreshing to see that management listens, and if a request is feasible, they aim to please.
I hope the AI fees stay within affordability because this is a great resort for couples but also families, although it can be very costly to bring a family. We hope to be back for Xmas, but Spring Break for sure! Thanks again to all the staff and Mr. Emiliano for their continuous efforts to further enhance the Sandos Finisterra experience!
Cheers!

Room Tip: The Finisterra suites are in the new section and are beautifully appointed, lovely views and close t...
1 Thank patshan
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had a wonderful relaxing Vacation. When we first arrived they did not have the room that we had requested but her very apologetic and extremely accomodating. Riggo at the front desk was super helpful in getting us what we asked for. The pools were the perfect temperature. The pool activities her fun and the staff hosting them were extremely friendly and knew us by name. Gilberto was our waiter at the pool. He waited on us every day we were there. He was extremely friendly and was always quick to bring us our drinks. The food was great, the atmosphere was great. The view is AMAZING! We were most pleased with the friendly, helpful staff,The only down side was not getting to swim in the beach,

Room Tip: 4th Floor or higher. Tip people that serve you, it will go a long way.
1 Thank mrshansen2010
Posada Real Los Cabos
#22 of 41 in San Jose del Cabo
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,217 reviews
Dreams Los Cabos Suites Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos? Share your experiences!