Great location within walking distance to Cabo nightlife, shopping and restaurants. Try to get the newer building that is closer to the ocean. The older building is cheaper but you can only see the other building and no ocean. The Whale Watcher bar had good strong drinks (unlike the pool drinks) and you really can watch the whales. The room was clean and nicely decorated. We had an excellent view overlooking the pool area and the pacific. The pool area is nice. It is quite a party place during spring break season. Expect to see lots of drunk minors. You cannot swim in this part of the ocean. There's plenty of nice sand for beach walks and sandcastles, but no going in the water. The rip currents are too dangerous on the pacific side. If you want ocean swimming stay on the bay or sea of cortez side.
In Cabo be careful of theft. Also, if you rent wave runners they are a blast, but Mexico has not rules so they can be quite dangerous. I was hit by another wave runner and spent the week with with huge black and blue bruises all down my left side. I got lucky.
San Jose del Cabo is a smaller city not far from Cabo San Lucas. It is much more family oriented and is known for some great local artwork. Also a two hour bus ride can take you to Todos Santos where the real Hotel California is (from the Eagle's song). The Hotel California will set you back about $350 a night. It is a beautiful, enchanting hotel. The food there is excellent! Todos Santos is a small town with more great local art and some excellent surfing beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Landmark Resort. Best location in town with Ocean and Bay views. Located in the "Heart and Soul of Cabo"!Live the legend of the new SANDOS Finisterra ALL INCLUSIVE RESORT unique architecture overlooking the Bay of San Lucas or enjoy the largest family rooms facing the Pacific sunsets in any of our Jr. Suites. All within a short walk to restaurants, night life, shops, fishing and water sports. Free WiFi in Lobby and Restaurants. Endless beach walks and amazing pools. Embrace the Cabo sun in any of our three amazing pools or have a snack at the largest and tallest Palapa in the Pacific. For the evenings enjoy a margarita at the historical Blue Marlin Bar where Keith Richards and Brooke Shields loved to relax. If you like tennis we have 2 courts for you free of charge. Ideal for Families or Couples that want the best value. The Jr. Suites Ocean View rooms have the largest capacity in Cabo sleeping 3 adults and 2 children with our 2 Queen and Sofa beds. Just perfect for the family that needs best value for their money! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finisterra Hotel Cabo San Lucas
- Hotel Finisterra Cabo San Lucas
- Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos Cabo San Lucas, Mexico