Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
“Beautiful Resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

The view of the Sea of Cortez was amazing from the lobby sitting area. We arrived a little early...we tried to check in but our room wasn't ready (which was fine). We hung out in the sitting area for a little while just to enjoy the view, and then went to the Peninsula for lunch. The service and food there were great, and the scenery even better as it is right on the beach.

The pools were beautiful, and it was relatively empty when we were there (3rd week of May). If you like to explore, I recommend heading up towards the timeshare side. There's this hot tub right near the timeshare sales office that just about hangs off of a cliff. It's amazing to watch the surf crash into the rocks there, especially in the evening.

After check-in, we went to the beach. The "sand" was a bit more pebble-like so bring some water shoes. We were able to make do with our sandals, but I think water shoes would've worked better. The beach isn't very swimmable as there were a lot of rocks. But we were able to take our masks & snorkels and watch the fish (there were a ton!!) for awhile. Schools of fish would just swim right up to you. Amazing. Note that the water was a bit cool even in May.

We had dinner at Rosato. The food was good although a bit expensive. They brought out a few complimentary appetizers as well. We weren't sure what it was, but my husband got sick later that evening after eating there. He wasn't sure if it was allergic to a spice or something that was put into the food. I had tasted his dinner as well and I did not get sick. Maybe something to pay attention to if your stomach is a bit more sensitive.

Had breakfast at the Vina del Mar the next morning. The food was good and there was a good variety. Husband was still not feeling well so he didn't have much breakfast. Our breakfast was included with our reservation, but I still had to sign a check for the total amount and then the front desk deducts the cost for the breakfast from the final invoice. Thought that was a little bit strange.

We were only there for 1 night, since we were passing through on the way out to a longer stay at Cerritos Surf Colony. We enjoyed the facilities even though my husband was not feeling well for half a day.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
  • Polish first
Three Bridges, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

My friend and I spent a week in the Villas at Fiesta Americana and we could not have picked a better place for a relaxing, stress free vacation. When you check in, do not be afraid to ask for a room nearer to the pool. The resort is built into a cliff so there could be some major walking, or asking for a golf cart ride, if you get stuck in one of the upper tier villas. Any of the villas nearest the ocean at the bottom is an excellent location. It's not a far walk to the infinity pool or pool with swim up bar which is pretty much where everyone hung out. The week we were there was quiet and we had no problem getting chairs under an umbrella. They also had chairs under awnings which were nice as well.
We had a one bedroom villa which was very spacious with a good size kitchen minus the oven. Only downfall is they only have 1 king sized bed in the one bedroom so since it was my friend and I, she took the full size sofabed which she said was pretty comfortable. You can get two beds if you stay in the studio villas but I heard they were quite small. So it's a trade off.
All-inclusive package was great! Only charged us $80 a day per person, and trust me, you can drink that amount while at the pool! We found the restaurants to be surprisingly delicious - the Italian restaurant Rosato and Vina Del Mar for the breakfast buffet were our favorites. Peninsula was also really nice and you can't beat the view as it is right on the beach. Everything that we ate and drank was included. We love our tropical cocktails with tequila or rum and they were all included. The gym is not included and they said it was $12 a day, however, when we checked out they never charged us for the one day my friend went. My friend went a second time and they never asked for our room number so we didn't get charged then either. The Wine Spa is definitely worth a visit for a massage!!
The wait staff were all extremely nice and helpful (a small tip extra for your pool bar waiter goes a long way - we had a friend in Luis who took care of us all week, never had an empty drink!). The property is beyond compare to anything I've traveled to before - beautifully maintained, clean, and the views are breathtaking. Also, no one is trying to sell you anything if you are on the beach - vendors can't access the property from the beach, but they do allow one or two vendors to have a cart by the pool area but they don't bother you at all.
Overall I highly recommend this resort if you want to take it easy and relax.
(Downtown Cabo is only worth a trip if you are doing an excursion. Other than that the Marina area now has one too many sleazy men trying to sell you necklaces or boat rides.)

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room closest to the ocean and pool! Less of a walk to everything!
6 Thank MMSNJ08887
San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We went to Fiesta Americana with three families (each family had a 2 year old). We booked the all inclusive package which I HIGHLY recommend. We were so impressed with the food. It certainly wasn't your typical all inclusive buffet style meals. Breakfast was a beautiful spread of just about everything you could think of from fruit, to omelets, yogurt, eggs, oatmeal and more. Lunch at the pool was amazing and dinner at the Peninsula restaurant was our favorite. The menu was fabulous and EVERYTHING (except for a couple of higher end meals) was included... even the alcohol. We ordered frozen drinks in the pool, wine in the evening, and beers on the beach... all included. We thought for sure at the end we would be stuck with some sort of bill from the fine print we hadn't read, but no, it was really all included. Our only bill was from the spa because I treated myself to a pedicure. The spa was amazing and I managed to enjoy a few hours of time there with the other moms. The workout room was fantastic and all of the staff was so nice. My only complaint is that the service was very slow. But once we knew this, we just gave ourselves a little more time for meals.

I also highly recommend getting the villa rooms. Our friends had the one bedroom suites which were fantastic with a separate living and bedroom. They had a full kitchen and even a washer dryer. We were in the studio suite which was still nice, but our balcony was so small we couldn't fit a chair out there. If you can, I do suggest splurging on the one bedroom suite. If you do travel with other families, make sure to get villas next to each other or you could end up doing a lot of walking. Things are not that close to one another, but with adjoining rooms we were even able to open the door in between so the kids could run back and forth. What a great trip, I highly recommend this spot!

Room Tip: I highly recommend getting the villa rooms. Our friends had the one bedroom suites which were fanta...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sara L
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I spent 4 nights here in May while staying with a friend who was there for a conference. The hotel was not crowded at all so the service from the staff was very good - there was never a wait for service at the pool, front desk, or restaurants. The food quality at the 3 restaurants was also very good - nice variety and prices were reasonable. We mainly stayed in the Club pool area and there was always ample chairs and towels. Rooms are spacious with nice balconies. The property is large depending on where you stay but the walk for us was never bad. The only complaint I have was that the servers in the restaurant hover over you and clear the table the second they think that you've finished eating. (Maybe because of the birds around the dining area?) We constantly felt rushed and interrupted during each meal. Other than that it was a great place to stay!

Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Our airline caused our reservation to include a night we did not stay. We did not realize this and tried to work it out w. the hotel mgr(Jose). At first he assumed that i did not speak spanish and said in a derogatory fashion that it was too bad and that it was our fault that we did not take care of our reservation(said this to the front desk clerk). That started an argument at the front desk that was not neccessary. We had an issue w. something that was outside our control. If the manager was thinking long term, he would have realized that reversing the charge for the one night we were unable to stay was in your organizations best interest. Not only was he unresponsive and rude; I had to ask for him to come back out to discuss. I work for a large corporation that does a lot of business world wide w. your organization, and I will post this on our travel blog. We were attending and participating in a wedding as well and it really caused some bad feelings in our whole group. The manager is extremely short sighted. The big picture is that we will never stay w. your org again and neither will our group or others that I work with. Other issues that we incurred when we got there:
1. I am handicapped and cannot walk long distances, and called ahead and told the hotel a month in advance of my issue. Your front desk person promised that i would be near an elevator and that i would not have to walk very far. This was not true--my room was at least a 10 minute walk every day, and caused me great pain. This is not right!
2. The first night we stayed there at 6am in the morning outside our window there was construction going on that we could not sleep through. So, we got very little rest.

3. The Aircondition was broken; we could not turn it off. Our room was too cold and really caused me problems breathing/sleeping.
4. We had dinner one night while we were there and the waiters could not get the orders right and the service was terrible. We had part of our group that had to wait 45 minutes longer than the rest to get their food even though we all ordered at the same time. Very strange. Food was not good. The sea bass was cooked and prepared poorly. Meal was expensive and not worth it. The restaurant mgr must be blind or not present.

Good notes:
1 Luis at the pool bar was great. He was friendly and quick w. his service. The nachos that i had at the pool bar were also very good.
2. The pools were awesome, and well laid out.
3. The view was beautiful.
4. The fire pit and band there was great.

So, there was some good in our stay, but overall, it left a bad taste in my mouth, as I do not like the way we were treated by the manager. It is very important for a manager to be able to see the big picture when he/she does something that is negative to a patron. The beginning of the trip really set the tone for the overall stay.

Room Tip: Try to make sure they put you close to the main blding. Rooms were small, but adequate.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank chris h
Spicewood, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013

Fantastic week at this wonderful resort in the gated community of Del Sol. All rooms have some sort of ocean view - the upper floors may have palm trees blocking a portion while the first floors have some unobstructed views. This resort is sprawling so if walking and steps is an issue, request the bottom floor for easy access to the pools and ocean. The staff are awesome, room service is twice a day with robes, slippers, bottles of water and chocolates in the evening. Service was wonderful and the employees are very gracious. We take lots of $1 bills and tipped generously; not only the maids, waiters, bars and valet but also the employees sweeping the halls, cutting the cactus, scrubbing the pools, raking the sand, etc. The resort is spotless and everyone very, very friendly. We will definitely return - we love it!

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the ocean - go and don't fret where you end up. They are all great.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Williamstown, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

Had a very relaxing Holiday.
The tequila bar in the swim up pool is amazing! I think we tried everyone.
Had a great fishing trip.
The golf was amazing, over looking the ocean. First rate!
Loved every minute of our stay!

• Stayed June 2012