Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa
Ranked #11 of 70 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This place is huge!! Several pool areas for the various compounds with a central pool near restaurants. Stayed in a one bedroom suite with a fantastic ocean view. It was situated on one of the upper cliffs with a pool below our window. This area of Cabo is not recommended for ocean swimming, very rough surf. This place is so large you must call for a golf cart to take you to restaurant and spa area. Service was friendly but the location is out from town center in the Hotel Zone. $20 one way for taxi ride to the marina, very expensive. This resort is within a complex of single family homes and another resort. You can take a cab to main road and then catch the bus into town, but how inconvenient is that not knowing bus schedules. If you want to party, this is not the place to be. I've stayed near the Marina previously and much prefer that area for dining and dancing options. They have a nice mall and flea market shops for souvieners in the Marina area as well.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MsWiley57
There are newer reviews for Grand Fiesta Americana Los Cabos All Inclusive Golf & Spa

Reviewed 16 January 2014

-Stayed here for 4 nights during our company's annual sales meeting & was pleasantly surprised as I'm not the biggest fan of all inclusive resorts...
-The resort seems to come alive at night & looks so picturesque with all of the lights & as how it sits in the back of a mountain facing the Pacific Ocean so I just enjoyed the view from our balcony...
-While on break from meetings, I took the liberty to relax in one of the many large hammocks (I'm 6'4 & had plenty of room) & was such a peaceful sleep I missed the next one. There's a multitude of pools, lounge chairs, & bars to pick from so none are too congested...
-In terms of the dining/food options...La Cevicheria had delicious fish tacos, pina coladas, & of course ceviche. The filet mignon at the Peninsula was incredible. Vina Del Mar offers a plethora of tasty options for breakfast & has a fresh omelet bar. Best place to eat on site is La Bodega steakhouse where the appetizers (empanadas, grilled cheese) were amazing, the short ribs were tender & flavorful, & never had a bad dessert anywhere at the resort but the one here is nothing short of divine (eggs, sugar, balsamic, strawberry concoction, don't remember exact name)...
-Avoid The Grill where they serve hot dogs, chicken sandwhiches, & hamburgers. Had the Hawaiian burger & we'll just the say the quality of & origin of the meat is in doubt...
-In general, the staff on-site is extremely courteous, affable, & a delight to deal with. However, my room key was inadvertently deactivated & the woman at the front desk argued with me & it was a fiasco getting her to re-program my key which have taken less time that for me to right about the hassle...
-The beach is rocky & the sand is reminiscent of kitty litter so make sure to have something on your feet...
-The layout of the pool is highly inconvenient as there is no way get from one side to the other w/o walking around the entire area which seems like running laps at the track...
-The on-site gym proved to be adequate with plenty of cardio machines & enough free weights to get a good sweat going...
-Open & spacious bedroom with all of the basic necessities so everything is covered...
-The resort is at least a 20 minute cab ride from downtown Cabo in each direction...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Wesley T
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This is a follow up to my initial review of Fiesta Americana (FA) of my reviewed titled "Pre-Arrival experience only" back in Dec which was based on my interactions with FA prior to the actual trip. See the very bottom for a copy of that review. Now that I've returned, below is my review of actual experience when we went there:

When I was in the new coffee shop of on the computer at FA I wanted to write on Trip Advisor (TA) with a big THANK YOU to the team at FA for the wonderful decoration and the cake they provided for my daughter's birthday. But was shortly distracted by the abundant activities ahead of us for that day. What I wanted to convey was that my daughter totally loved the decoration and really enjoyed the delicious chocolate mousse cake that they put in our room!!!!. So, a big THANK YOU to the Director General/Managing Director and your team for such a wonderful experience as you promised and delivered!!!!!.

Here’s my feedback following my stay with the context that the review is based on my previous experience w/ other AI resorts such as Dreams, Secrets, etc in Nuevo Vallarta and Cancun (this was my first time to Cabo).
• Great facilities. Great variety of pools which were all heated. It has a grand and large-scale feeling. Very nice scenery's and geological landscape.
• Great friendly reception staff - Gina was wonderful. She took care of us and gave us a great room.
• Mexican night at the Cafe Del Mar buffet was great, along w/ the mariachi band. Great service staff.
• Great First Aide and life guard staff - Moeisis, Brenner,
• OFF THE TOP GUIDED SNORKELING TOUR - THIS ALONE made the trip entirely worthwhile. LAURA at the Beach Activities dept is the best! Not only is she a marine biologist major thus was extremely knowledgeable; she was also patient, friendly, courteous, and took care of us on an amazing guided snorkeling tour. She was very attentive to our safety, and went the extra mile to dive to bring up some amazing exotic marine life (sea urchin, sea cucumber, blow fish, etc). She demonstrated environmental responsibility and was very careful to make sure that none of the marine life we saw were harmed. She also explained to us all the interesting facts about the local marine life which further demonstrated her knowledge and professionalism as a marine biologist.
• The resort provided complimentary snorkeling gears.
• Overall, wait staff & bar tenders were great, some notable kudos go out to:
o Antonio & Jesus at the Peninsula breakfast buffet - provided excellent service and great humor as well. We felt a connect w them immediately.
o Monica at the Peninsula for dinner. She informed us that we can let her know if there was anything we needed that was lacking. After we informed her that the service was a bit slow she immediately rectified the issue and we had a great service for the remaining night
o Louis & Carlos at the Swim up Bar - very entertaining, know their drinks, & great service
o Diego on the beach providing lounge chair and towel service was friendly, humble, and extremely courteous
o Vladimir, Armando, Roberto working by the pool
o Faban provided excellent service as well. Always remembered and addressed me by my last name and always stepped up to get me what I needed when the rest of his team was busy.
• Great lifeguard/first-aid staff : Berrum & Moises - we had a couple of minor rock cut & bee stung injuries and both Berrum & Moises took care of them with great care on the beach side and in our room. They're funny as hell too! I love these two guys!
• The restaurant ROSATO was amazingly impressive. Elegant and luxurious décor; definitely really first class. Food and drinks were superb as well and I really really mean it. It had to be one of the best high-end, classy Italian restaurants I’ve had been based on my previous experience living in SF and NYC. The service was first class, I wish I can remember all the names of the staff; including the hostess, our waiters and the service manager. From a dining perspective, that was the highlight of the entire stay. I really recommend Rosato as the BEST food venue w/ the best food, service and drinks at the resort.
• Additional diligent, customer service oriented, and hardworking staff. Kudos to:
• The activity team’s resident marine biologist/snorkeling guide Laura showed us some more marine life again at the beach while she was entertaining the Kids Club with the kids showing great enthusiasm and enjoyment.
Overall my family and I truly enjoyed a wonderful vacation at this excellent resort. Of course, there were some minor issues/challenges as FA had just transformed to an All-Inclusive (AI) resort. Given that they were undergoing a huge transitional/trial phase to be AI, I think they did an excellent job in executing that change and striving to learn from their customers to perfect it. The Director General/Managing Director Douglas Dodge really does care about making this resort world-class and making sure his customers are happy. I can say for sure that our family had a great time and were kept happy at this resort the entire time. I would think that in no time this place will be even so much better to become a first-class AI resort at a great value in Cabo. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat.

=========================================================================
Initial Review:
“Pre-Arrival experience only”
I will follow up on this review after I complete my stay. My family & I are planning on staying at this resort from 12/25 - 12/31. So I'm simply writing this review based on my communications and responses with and received from the management of the resort. I've read a great deal of excellent feedback of this resort on TA and have experienced a wonder communication exchange with the Managing Director Douglas Dodge. He definitely knows how to provide excellent customer service and I have high expectations that this resort will deliver based on my pre-arrival experience. Doug was extermely prompt, attentive, and courteous in responding my inquiries regarding the food menu, activities, logistics etc. He also even offered to make special arrangements prior our arrival to set something up sepcial for my daughter's birthday (we're celebrating her 8 year old birthday at the resort). I'm looking forward to staying at this place and will report back after my experience. But right now I can tell you I'm already partially postively biased towards my stay because of my experience with Douglas. Pleast stay tuned.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank chwang13
Reviewed 13 January 2014

An excellent hotel with all kind of facilities, the golf cars are a great idea to visitors. Really i recomend to you all visit this place. They have a SPA very relaxing and you can enjoy it. If you like golf they havean optional plan to play.

Room Tip: look for a rooms near to swimming pool
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Front desk horrible,I booked this hotel by paying $2600 as all inclusive package. I went there ,they told me your package does not include all inclusive.I have to pay $480 in order to make it all inclusive. I paid $480 for all inclusive. After 2 hours of rest,I met their 2nd manager and showed him some papers that its a all inclusive deal. Then they accepted it. They returned my $480. But you can imagine about frustration of 2 hours plus 1 hour initially. Hotel is at nice location,very quiet. breakfast buffet is good.Lunch and dinner is ok. They will not give you black label in all inclusive package. I am not concerned about these things but i want service for my money that i paid without any frustration after traveling 7 hours. They did not even ask for glass of water. I think they should give water if they dont want to give any welcome drink. Some people are very nice also. I will choose another place when I will go back over there.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank shikher2014
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We have a time share here and every time we come here we're treated like VIP's. This year, we were able to get a 3 bedroom unit with our own patio and hot tub. That was super sweet since we had three young children in our group.

Right below us was one of the many pools available to visit. The kids had such a blast in the one pool and our hot tub, that we hardly had to go anywhere. I do agree th it hurts to walk barefoot on the beach, but you hardly need to go there. The water was rough this time, black flagged. So the kids stayed out. There is so many activities to keep the family busy, on and off the resort.

The one buffet night I certainly would recommend is Mexican night....to die for. The breakfast but is good too; one free visit for time share visits.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank degbert71
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is my third time spending New Year's at Fiesta Americana Los Cabos and it was not disappointing. This year they became an all-inclusive resort. We paid an additional amount for the all-inclusive but I thought it was worth the price considering it included drinks poolside, snacks in your room as well as room service. They added a few new restaurants for some extra variety. The best was the breakfast buffet at Vina Del Mar. The other restaurants were "adequate", not exceptional and the service was, let's just say on Mexican time.

The New Year's celebration was wonderful. They had a set surf and turf menu ( Steak and Lobster), free flowing wine and drinks with dancing and fireworks. The only negative was the slow service.

Overall, everyone in my party of 5 had a great time and I would definitely recommend the resort again. It's not 5 star quality but I would rate it a 4 and with the all-inclusive plan there is definite value. The spa is very nice -- not comparable to the Grand Coral Beach in Cancun but I would rate the massage I had as one of the best massages I have had anywhere. The fitness center is small and it was crowded but that is not surprising given the time of year when everyone starts on their New Years resolutions.

Overall, beautiful resort ... would definitely recommend for family, friends and couples.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family