“Beyond my expectations!”

Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Cabo San Lucas
Peoria, Illinois
“Beyond my expectations!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

My father and I visited the Fiesta Americana for my birthday in early January. After many painstaking hours choosing a hotel, we finally settled on the Fiesta Americana based on the reviews, price, and all-inclusive option. I was in contact with the general manager before my stay, as I had a few questions before my arrival. Douglas Dodge was quick and courteous, and he answered all of my questions and then some. He even helped me set up private transportation from the airport! I can't think of one complaint from my stay. The grounds and rooms were clean and provided anything we needed. Staff was especially friendly and helpful. Particularly Israel at The Peninsula- he went above and beyond to remember us and ask questions. Service was above par! The grounds were generally quiet and I was able to enjoy some quality time listening to the ocean. The food was delicious for the most part (only complaint would be the dinner buffet, which is definitely not as good as the specialty restaurants). We had some concern regarding the recent switch to all-inclusive, but we found that everything went smoothly. There is nothing better than having chips and guacamole and a margarita brought to you on the beach! Would definitely recommend this resort :)

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank caiterzland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,000)
  • Polish first
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

First off I want to thank everyone who takes time to write tripadvisor reviews. Since my wife and I don't get to vacation often we read so many of them to make sure this was the right place for us. It was! I had stayed here once before but was nervous about bringing my wife (her first cabo experience)My expectations were exceeded. She had a great spa day. The resort is spotless and the staff is amazing. I would recommend this resort and we will be back soon!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zach T
San Carlos, California
Reviewed 30 January 2014

What made this stay perfection is the customer care and quality staff. Everyone appeared to be very interactive, helpful and happy. We had over the top, excellence in service. Shout out to Claudia and Gregorio at the small cafe, and Carlos with cool glasses at the pool.

Second, the property was immaculate and our room was exceptionally clean. Very important to me.

My husband and I had a peaceful, playful and lovely time.

There are multiple pools, activities on and off site, a wonderful beach setting and poolside service. We felt quite pampered. They even carried my plate to my table when I was up at the buffet, and pulled my chair out and laid my napkin.

A lot of Holas, como estas, and nice conversations among the staff.

You have plenty of choices for meal time, (variety of on-site restaurants)which offer a variety and selection each night. If you went hungry it was your own fault, as there was plenty and different choices. I am vegetarian and had plenty of nice options. My husband eats meat and liked the authentic and unique foods.

It is top notch food flavor, but for an all-inclusive we were more than satisfied. However, we live in an amazing part of the country and food is most excellent here so our expectations are high.

They just started their all-inclusive offering. I was pleased, however I think the staff deserves more in tips, which the inclusive includes a 9% gratuity, too low for how hard they work. We made an effort to provide some extra to those who stuck out in our mind. It is a bit awkward not to tip, and there is a large staff so can't keep tipping everyone...but those who made it extra special we noticed and compensated. But, actually everyone deserved more...

Kindness, excellent customer care, clean, beautiful and relaxing.

We took a shuttle into the San Lucas one day, and then stay on site the rest of the time. It is secluded and we loved that.

We loved the iguanas, and we did see whales out in the sea--amazing!

Nightly there was entertainment. The violinist and small singing groups around the firepit were awesome.

Couldn't have been better for us. We liked the peacefulness and care they took in making guests feel happy!

Highly recommend. It was just my husband and self, but there were families and kids...and it was fun seeing the little ones in the pool.

It was a breathtaking property, and was the perfect vacation for us.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sandra H
Aspen
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

This resort was an incredible property. Warm pools, private beach,fabulous snorkeling right in front with gear to borrow. Excellent staff great service food just ok. Although the Italian restaurant was really good. We watched whales all day from every part of the property. We had a regular room that was nice small balcony and small tub but nice. This property offers time shares but not one person approached us about it. It was great not to be harassed !
We did meet some guests who said they had one and they loved it. So we asked to see the time share villas and they are amazing ! We bought one. Pretty intense sales pitch so be forewarned. We did the all inclusive and we're pretty much happy with it, except for the room service which was really bad. I booked a massage at the spa and it was terrible !!!
Unless you like being slathered in stinky cream and pet like a cat for lots of money !! It was so lame I got up and left after 15 minutes. Angry that they wasted my time. And money. The beds were good but not high quality the linens likewise. Over all I would recommend this hotel we had a very enjoyable time. What stood out the most wasps the staff all of who were great. Except of course Flo the masseuse , who should get a job laying down and petting cats !! Mee-owww.

• Stayed January 2014
5 Thank Victoria F
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Just got back from a week of relaxing, this is the best kept secret in Cabo. 20.00 cab ride gets you into Cabo San Lucas for lots of fun and nightlife. This resort is made for getting away not a crazy party resort which we loved! We have to make a shout out to the staff as well, the La Cevicheria grill had the best fish tacos and Pablo and David were the bet at making us feel great about being there. The breakfast crew was amazing as well in the villa del mar. Can't say enough good things about this place hope to go back soon!

Room Tip: Levels 3,4 and 5 have best ocean views
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank anne n
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed here for 3 days

View from the lobby is amazing
Nice and decent size room with ocean view
Bathroom very clean
Comfortable bed
Room was cleaned in the morning and a housekeeper used to back to the room in the afternoon to check if everything was ok and leave complementary bottles of water.
Due to the hotel's layout, from third floor you have to walk to go to the main elevator and restaurants (not huge distances but for some people could be tiring)
Breakfast buffet excellent
Restaurant Peninsula at lunch
• Service very slow
• Try the ceviche is delicious

Beach very calm and peaceful and they give you all the towels you need.
Staff very friendly and helpful

Tip: If you go to Cabo San Lucas to see the arch, bargain the price.
This guy Marco A. Ojeda took us in a private tour to the arch for $100 pesos each. He is very friendly and knows everything about the arch, the beaches etc.
He offers other tours and takes all the pictures you want. His cell number is 044 624 161 6601

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank ColuAvila
SanRafael, CA
Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is a lovely hotel, beautiful site with amazing views, and great potential. The beach offers amazing views of whale watching, and snorkeling is like being in a fish bowl-amazing, with a knowledgeable marine biologist on site to educate! There are several pools, but very little available in terms of activities or organized events. Nice music to listen to at night is available at the ocean-front fire pit, though.

Staff is fabulous, but restaurant quality is mediocre. There are several, but I was surprised they didn't share a kitchen because it pretty much all tasted the same; was lukewarm, but it was clean & we didn't get sick.

Other all-inclusives (Cancun) have had superb food- maybe mgmt should go check those out. It has just become all-inclusive, so maybe it will take some time to perfect.

Room Tip: The rooms on floors 1-4 near the water have the widest views (closest to 136, 236, etc).
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple